2016 General Mls Transfer Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.empireofsoccer.com/RBNJ-...-van-der-vaart-yaya-toure-to-red-bulls-44915/

Interesting rumors. Can't see Yaya going to anyone but us. Problem is, we're all out of DP slots till next season. Maybe he can re-sign with Man City and play there till January to stay in shape... Sorry, had to go there.

Based on what? He's never shown much loalty to mcfc in the past what makes you think this would be different. Yaya is going to force his way to wherever the city and the money are right for him.

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/RBNJ-...-van-der-vaart-yaya-toure-to-red-bulls-44915/

Interesting rumors. Can't see Yaya going to anyone but us. Problem is, we're all out of DP slots till next season. Maybe he can re-sign with Man City and play there till January to stay in shape... Sorry, had to go there.

Transfermarkt lists Toure's contract as running thru June 2017. They also say his value is like $22 million, but that looks more like a maximum to me and a transfer fee would likely be lower.

Would Orlando City spend 8 figures to bring him in? Would CFG sell a player like that to our New York rival? (They probably don't care too much, but all else equal, maybe not.)

Unless my facts above are wrong, I'm going to guess he doesn't end up in MLS this summer. There's a chance he ends up with us in January 2017, but I'll predict he goes somewhere like China this summer on an overpriced fee.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Transfermarkt lists Toure's contract as running thru June 2017. They also say his value is like $22 million, but that looks more like a maximum to me and a transfer fee would likely be lower.

Would Orlando City spend 8 figures to bring him in? Would CFG sell a player like that to our New York rival? (They probably don't care too much, but all else equal, maybe not.)

Unless my facts above are wrong, I'm going to guess he doesn't end up in MLS this summer. There's a chance he ends up with us in January 2017, but I'll predict he goes somewhere like China this summer on an overpriced fee.

Yaya burned his transfer value when he bad mouthed Pep and said he didn't want to play for him. The whole world knows mcfc needs to dump him at the end of the season, doubt they get much if anything in the way of a transfer fee.

Yaya burned his transfer value when he bad mouthed Pep and said he didn't want to play for him. The whole world knows mcfc needs to dump him at the end of the season, doubt they get much if anything in the way of a transfer fee.

I disagree to an extent. All it takes is for two teams to both seriously value the player, then they're bidding against themselves and the transfer fee goes back up. If one of them is a Chinese team, MCFC could easily get 8 figures for him yet.

Say Reyna & Vieira don't want Yaya on NYCFC, we should at least have his discovery rights (like all players from MCFC), so we should at least get some GAM & TAM, maybe an international spot or two, from the teams that really wants him.

Looks like it's happening.
Transfer Watch: Tim Howard might finally be leaving Everton for the Colorado Rapids
February 27, 201612:40 PM EST
Arielle CastilloSenior Editor

This might finally be happening, folks. Jeff Carlisle reported today on ESPNFC that Tim Howard could soon be on his way to the Colorado Rapids.
http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/...ht-finally-be-leaving-everton-colorado-rapids

A GK as a DP? Coming in July?

I guess, as the say, this is why teams like the Rapids are teams like the Rapids.

Reactions: BossNYC
I'm just a bit amazed that if Howard wants to come to MLS then MLS can't seem to find him a better gig than the Colorado freaking Rapids.
He may actually want to live in Colorado.... friends have said its a fantastic state to live in, especially if you want to do outdoor extreme sporting activities.

He may actually want to live in Colorado.... friends have said its a fantastic state to live in, especially if you want to do outdoor extreme sporting activities.

Someone didn't read the MLS CBA rules for players and what activities they can't engage in. Basically you can only swim in a poll or play golf.

Someone didn't read the MLS CBA rules for players and what activities they can't engage in. Basically you can only swim in a poll or play golf.
How about the rest of his family? He has kids and they're both athletic.

Rapids will have Jones and Howard on the same team. Interesting.

Their midfield is sick. Jones and Powers can hold down the middle with Pappa and Gashi on the outside. One of the better midfields in MLS.

No depth though.

Status
Not open for further replies.