2016 General Mls Transfer Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Columbus has apparently decided how to deal with their clubhouse issues.

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2016/05/10/kei-kamara-trade-columbus-crew-mls

This can only be a fire sale. There is only 1 day left to move him to another MLS club, and there can't be many clubs with an open DP spot. Plus, he is now damaged goods. Maybe someone takes him and Columbus agrees to buy down some of the salary.
So here's a question that I'm not certain if anyone has the answer to because MLS. Say we were to trade Mix for Kamara straight up (lets please not get into we should or shouldn't do that here, just entertain me, haha).

Since we used GAM to buy down Mix's contract, is that GAM now gone?
Does that GAM follow Mix to Columbus (dead cap space for us)?
Could Columbus decide to not use GAM and just make Mix a DP?
Does Columbus now have to use their own GAM to buy him down?

Or could we then use the GAM that we used on Mix to help buy down Kamara's contract?

So here's a question that I'm not certain if anyone has the answer to because MLS. Say we were to trade Mix for Kamara straight up (lets please not get into we should or shouldn't do that here, just entertain me, haha).

Or could we then use the GAM that we used on Mix to help buy down Kamara's contract?

I think you keep all unspent TAM and GAM and can use it to pay for the salary of the new guy.

Reactions: Vallos
I think you keep all unspent TAM and GAM and can use it to pay for the salary of the new guy.

But could we send the GAM or TAM over to them as part of the deal?

It would be great if we can cut Frank at the same time, and then use TAM $ to sign either Kamara as DP$ or Kamara as DP and a different DP4 with the TAM. Since I remember something about TAM/DP4 having to happen at the same time as a DP signing when the did the Dos Santos deal.

But could we send the GAM or TAM over to them as part of the deal?

It would be great if we can cut Frank at the same time, and then use TAM $ to sign either Kamara as DP$ or Kamara as DP and a different DP4 with the TAM. Since I remember something about TAM/DP4 having to happen at the same time as a DP signing when the did the Dos Santos deal.
Semi-Guaranteed Players waived on or after the Contract Guarantee Date of any League year and Guaranteed Players waived anytime, and who clear waivers (i.e. not picked up by another club), will continue to have their Salary Budget Charge count against the Club Salary Budget.

Reactions: adam and gbservis
This scenario requires multiple moving pieces but could end up being beneficial to all parties involved. NYCFC could address its biggest position of need at center-forward with the acquisition of Kamara by trading one of its own DPs, Frank Lampard, to Columbus.

The Crew would need to take the risk that Lampard will retire in the summer and NYCFC will likely need to eat up a chunk of Lampard's contract anyway, but an expiring contract dump could simply give the Crew an easy out on Kamara with little fuss. It would allow Columbus to rid itself of a DP spot entirely in the summer, if the details of each contract allow such a thing.

Theoretically, NYCFC would need to use allocation money to buy down Lampard's contract in order to make the trade palatable for Columbus. And, make no mistake about it, NYCFC would be making sacrifices in order to acquire Kamara. It's a bold play and one that gives Patrick Vieira the MLS-proven center forward his team needs.

And with overlapping fullbacks Andoni Iraolaand Ronald Matarrita helping out David Villa andKhiry Shelton out wide, Kamara would have plenty of support at the tiny Yankee Stadium field, too.

That's from the score article

image.png

Lots of chatter about Zlatan to LA Galaxy, but that might mean the other LA team.

LA Galaxy have Keane, GDS, and Gerrard as DPs this year, and De Jong is on track to be a DP next year. Presumably, De Jong will replace Keane, but I don't see them jettisoning GDS or Gerrard, so the inn will be full, even next season.

Maybe Will Ferrell is getting ready to write a big check.

Reactions: SoupInNYC and Sabo
I begin to wonder if one of the elite teams will sign him over the summer and lend him out for the remainder of 2016 until it frees up a DP spot. We could do this with Lampard leaving; LA could do it with Gerrard leaving; others as well.

I begin to wonder if one of the elite teams will sign him over the summer and lend him out for the remainder of 2016 until it frees up a DP spot. We could do this with Lampard leaving; LA could do it with Gerrard leaving; others as well.

I doubt you can sign someone to a DP contract but have it not count as a DP because you lend him out. But who knows really, because MLS. Of course the "haven't-I-seen-this-movie-before" possibilities are amusing:

Zlatan on loan to MCFC until New Year's Day 2017. What could go wrong?!?!. Well for starters he and Guardiola don't get along. But maybe they make amends, and Zlatan scores 15 goals by Christmas. Then it is announced that we were not allowed to sign him directly as we have 3 DPs, and there was only an agreement-in-principle to sign with us in January 2017, and he was really on a regular full-season contract at MCFC with a break clause. . . . .

Just make it happen and pass the popcorn.

Reactions: Ulrich
I doubt you can sign someone to a DP contract but have it not count as a DP because you lend him out. But who knows really, because MLS. Of course the "haven't-I-seen-this-movie-before" possibilities are amusing:

Zlatan on loan to MCFC until New Year's Day 2017. What could go wrong?!?!. Well for starters he and Guardiola don't get along. But maybe they make amends, and Zlatan scores 15 goals by Christmas. Then it is announced that we were not allowed to sign him directly as we have 3 DPs, and there was only an agreement-in-principle to sign with us in January 2017, and he was really on a regular full-season contract at MCFC with a break clause. . . . .

Just make it happen and pass the popcorn.
I dont think us signing someone like Zlatan and loaning him to MCFC could work at all. Not someone that good. I could see us loaning to Melbourne potentially.

Status
Not open for further replies.