2016 General Mls Transfer Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Atlanta signed Kenwyne Jones. I like him. Glad to see him in MLS. Perfect strong striker for the league.

Liverpool is out of options with Balotelli. China fell through. Turkey fell through. Pictures just came out of him smoking on a boat lol. It's falling apart for Mario. I think he'd be great for MLS. It's a boring league, could use the personality.

If Philly can capture Bedoya, I'd say the MLS, in general, will have had a successful transfer window in terms of bringing in more talent than what was lost. Good to see teams bringing in young or in-their-prime players from across the globe as well as MLS teams trading within the league to give players fresh starts (Mullins, I'm cheering for you).

That whole thing was a mess. The agent is in MLS HQ trying to finalize a deal, the player went to Turkey for a physical and to sign a contract BEFORE a transfer was negotiated.

Despite what his coach would say, the owners and front office are probably pissed at him, at this point just let him go for the $2 mil and wait until next year to get the other $2 mil.

Reactions: adam and Ulrich
I think it's uncertain whether the Turkish team could make even the $2 mil payment at the moment.
That aside, I'm sure he'd be earning more than the 700k he's paid now, but how much more does he get to go to a country that's tipping towards authoritarianism?

It's easy for me to ask that question when it's not my salary, I'd probably move to Turkey for less than the 700k annually.

That aside, I'm sure he'd be earning more than the 700k he's paid now, but how much more does he get to go to a country that's tipping towards authoritarianism?

It's easy for me to ask that question when it's not my salary, I'd probably move to Turkey for less than the 700k annually.

I never really understood the move anyway. Turkey is supposed to be a great place to visit, but I'm not sure I'd want to live there. How much more was he going to make? And isn't it a risk if the club couldn't even come up with the transfer fee? Finally, is that a league that can really foster his development so much better than our own?

Reactions: gbservis
Turkish football fans are nuts. If your doing good your like a God over there but if your doing bad you might get stuff thrown at you from rocks to a goat head from what I've read. Also the only match I've ever been to and witnessed any trouble at was Marseille-Fenerbache in France and it was definitely instigated by the Fener supporters. I wouldn't want to play over there (in the hypothetical universe where I was good at soccer) even before the recent upheaval .

Turkish football fans are nuts. If your doing good your like a God over there but if your doing bad you might get stuff thrown at you from rocks to a goat head from what I've read. Also the only match I've ever been to and witnessed any trouble at was Marseille-Fenerbache in France and it was definitely instigated by the Fener supporters. I wouldn't want to play over there (in the hypothetical universe where I was good at soccer) even before the recent upheaval .
Turkish teams typically overpay salaries to draw European players away from the big leagues. Their problem now is that they can't compete financially with China and only the top/rich teams can offer the big Cup competitions as a parachute to players that take the leap.

Add the recent turmoil and their high profile player acquisition pipeline is going to dry up.

I attended a Real Madrid/Galatasaray Champions League Quarterfinal match a few years back (unbelievably great experience btw) and there were more than a few incidents/skirmishes outside the Bernabéu before and afterwards but nothing too out of hand. I don't think I would take my chances at the match in Turkey though.

ETA: On the subway to the match the car I was in was like 80/20 Madrid supporters to Galatasaray supporters but everyone got along just fine. There was some shit talking but all in good fun.

I attended a Real Madrid/Galatasaray Champions League Quarterfinal match a few years back (unbelievably great experience btw) and there were more than a few incidents/skirmishes outside the Bernabéu before and afterwards but nothing too out of hand. I don't think I would take my chances at the match in Turkey though.

ETA: On the subway to the match the car I was in was like 80/20 Madrid supporters to Galatasaray supporters but everyone got along just fine. There was some shit talking but all in good fun.
You were probably safer at that match than you'd be at a Real/Athletico tilt. Also probably safer than at a Galatasaray/Fenerbace game.

Also, apparently Pogba was playing basketball yesterday in Chelsea Park. Pogba to NYCFC? Or maybe the NYK? :D

Reactions: adam
Also, apparently Pogba was playing basketball yesterday in Chelsea Park. Pogba to NYCFC? Or maybe the NYK? :D
Evidently the Pogba->ManU deal is done except for a few minor details..... probably the first one is making sure he finishes his trip to the US without tearing his knee playing basketball. Just seems like such a bad idea on his part this close to a massive move & payday....

Reactions: adam and SoupInNYC
Evidently the Pogba->ManU deal is done except for a few minor details..... probably the first one is making sure he finishes his trip to the US without tearing his knee playing basketball. Just seems like such a bad idea on his part this close to a massive move & payday....
Aah, to be young and invincible.

Some details coming through on the Bedoya deal...Transfer Fee of $1m and Salary of $1m/year.

What's even more interesting is that Philly was ranked number 2 on the allocation order with Chicago being #1. Some rumors as to what Philly is giving to Chicago for this...

Philly and Chicago switch spots (1&2)
Philly gives Chicago 1st round pick
Philly gives Chicago discovery rights for a certain player unnamed
Philly gives Chicago GAM/TAM (rumored to be $175k)

That's quite a haul for Chicago.

So TFC turned down a 5m transfer for Bradley. I know the league gets a cut...but I do not know why they didn't do it. Bradley is one of the most overrated players in MLS and on the USMNT. He is a turnover machine and has no vision.

Looks like Matt Miazga is gonna be loaned out, but doubt Conte would ever send him to MLS. It would probably be good for him though.

Looks like Matt Miazga is gonna be loaned out, but doubt Conte would ever send him to MLS. It would probably be good for him though.
Nah, blood him in the Championship or a lower tier EPL club; somewhere that would guarantee him playing time as part of the loan terms.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
So TFC turned down a 5m transfer for Bradley. I know the league gets a cut...but I do not know why they didn't do it. Bradley is one of the most overrated players in MLS and on the USMNT. He is a turnover machine and has no vision.
I just don't understand why Bradley didn't push for it - he had a sharper edge to his game before coming back to MLS.

Reactions: NickA
Remember that Toronto payed $10m to get Bradley and some or all of that is deducted from any transfer fee they would get for him, so there would be no salary cap relief from the deal.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Status
Not open for further replies.