2016 General Mls Transfer Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that Toronto payed $10m to get Bradley and some or all of that is deducted from any transfer fee they would get for him, so there would be no salary cap relief from the deal.
They paid $10M in transfer fees to get him ?!?!? WTF were they thinking ?!?!? Toronto will never recoup that money when added to his salary - he's not that big of a jersey pull and he's not putting extra butts in seats (for a Canadian team) that couldn't be done with somebody else. I'm floored by the gamble taken and the gall to initiate it.

Some good talent added right before the window closed (especially Bedoya). I'm a big fan of MLS so I'm glad Bradley stayed, although I agree a move to Italy would've been of benefit to him professionally. I think a main reason TFC turned it down was because of the amount they paid for him (10m compared to the 5m they would've received). TFC must believe that Bradley will be an integral part the rest of the season and/or playoffs.

Reactions: adam
Official: FCD's Fabian Castillo headed to Turkey on loan with option to buy

Fabian Castillo is finally headed to Turkey.

FC Dallas announced on Thursday evening that the Supporters’ Shield leaders have sent the 24-year-old Colombian winger on loan to Turkish Super Lig club Trabzonspor for the remainder of 2016, with Trabzonspor holding an option to buy Castillo outright in January.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/08/04/official-fcds-fabian-castillo-headed-turkey-loan-option-buy
It was completed for $1M less than the original deal. Dallas hurt themselves by calling it off because they then didn't have any leverage with Castillo being persona non grata within the club. It wasn't like he'd ever play for them again. They got fleeced.

It was completed for $1M less than the original deal. Dallas hurt themselves by calling it off because they then didn't have any leverage with Castillo being persona non grata within the club. It wasn't like he'd ever play for them again. They got fleeced.
Original deal was $4 million to buy. This is $3 million for a loan, with an option to buy for an additional $1 million or more. That is not worse.

Original deal was $4 million to buy. This is $3 million for a loan, with an option to buy for an additional $1 million or more. That is not worse.
Ah, read it wrong.... Thought it said $3M total with $1.5M through end of year and another $1.5M to buy outright. Instead it's $3M through end of year and another $1-1.5M to buy.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I read an article about Pareja bending over backwards for this kid, even having him stay at his home for awhile while Castillo came over. Not sure how their relationship is now, but you must think Castillo burned some bridges to make this move happen. Could be a beneficial move to him short-term, but he needs to adjust his ways if he wants to remain a professional soccer player.

You'd have to think with a $3m loan and another $1m to buy, thats almost a certainty.

I think the only issue is Trabzonspor's ability to pay. Original deal was $4mm straight up. Then Trabzonspor asked for a payment plan and DFC agreed to $2+$2mm. Then DFC apparently smelled something hinky and went back to $4m up front. I think they really must have doubted Trabzonspor's wherewithal. And it is all probably tied to the purge and emerging potential dictatorship and the effect it could have on the team. So I agree it's likely assuming nothing interferes. This also effectively gives Castillo an option to bail out.

Reactions: adam
I think the only issue is Trabzonspor's ability to pay. Original deal was $4mm straight up. Then Trabzonspor asked for a payment plan and DFC agreed to $2+$2mm. Then DFC apparently smelled something hinky and went back to $4m up front. I think they really must have doubted Trabzonspor's wherewithal. And it is all probably tied to the purge and emerging potential dictatorship and the effect it could have on the team. So I agree it's likely assuming nothing interferes. This also effectively gives Castillo an option to bail out.

If he can make his way to the embassy when the fit hits the shan.

Reactions: JayH and mgarbowski
If he can make his way to the embassy when the fit hits the shan.
His best best with any new flare-ups is to go full-kit wanker on his way to the embassy and hope he isn't stopped by a rival's group of fans. The situation may be one of political nature, but that country loves them some good footy...

Red Bulls rumored to be in touch with G. Rossi. Would be an amazing signing - even if he wasn't brought in until next year.

Damn it Reyna! Get on this one!

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/report-red-bulls-in-contact-with-giuseppe-rossi-52245/
While RB contacted him, it's didn't seem like he said they were a given destination. Just that he was open to MLS. He's also never struck me as the type that runs non-stop during a game - his style is more deliberate.... The whiny twit Marsch would have a fit with that attitude.

I'm not a big follower of other leagues aside from the MLS (trying to get into some European action, however!) but it seems to me that the MLS really makes an effort to satisfy their players. If a player wants to leave, the league and team does its best to make it happen. If a player wants to come into the league to play for a certain team, the league does its best to make it happen.

Does this happen in other leagues?Could it be for reputation? Castillo (and Martins from the previous window) can now spread good words about the MLS in their respective leagues

Reactions: FootyLovin
Status
Not open for further replies.