2016 Preseason Thread

It's not fair that Mix and Khiry aren't there too to convince Jack to play for the USMNT

Now I think about it, all the talk about Poku should have triggered this a long time ago, but does the US actually allow any old person to play for their national team so long as they have naturalised? I thought FIFA had a grandparent rule? Certainly that is the case with the British national teams.

Now I think about it, all the talk about Poku should have triggered this a long time ago, but does the US actually allow any old person to play for their national team so long as they have naturalised? I thought FIFA had a grandparent rule? Certainly that is the case with the British national teams.
If you get citizenship and are not cap tied, you can play for your country. Poku maybe cap tied now for Ghana though.

SOOOOO there's a couple guys I didn't recognize. And yes besides JK Hurtado and Matarrita.

If you get citizenship and are not cap tied, you can play for your country. Poku maybe cap tied now for Ghana though.

I checked it out. FIFA's rule actually says that in order to qualify, you have to have lived in the designated country of choice for 5 years after your 18th birthday. This rule was instituted to stop certain African countries from instantly naturalising large numbers of Brazilians, it seems.

He's not cap tied to Ghana. he only played in a friendly which is meaningless.

Reactions: Paul
I checked it out. FIFA's rule actually says that in order to qualify, you have to have lived in the designated country of choice for 5 years after your 18th birthday. This rule was instituted to stop certain African countries from instantly naturalising large numbers of Brazilians, it seems.
I don't think it's the Brazil to African connection.... it's the Brazil & Africa to the Gulf States...... in Track and Field, the Gulf States amazingly have tons of Ethiopians & Kenyans naturalizing & representing them in the distance events - and yet they'd only been there for less than a year and had surprisingly solid bank accounts.

Reactions: BxLio91
Can somebody repost the pic(s) that are up from NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan ? Nothing was showing up except view attachment 3846 which can't be clicked on.

3 noteworthy things in this picture.
1) Jack needs to charge his phone
2) Those new training jackets are awesome
3) T-mobile?... smh.
Hey hey I switched 6 months ago and it's the best thing I ever did. While Verizon is superior and it's hard to argue otherwise, they are much more expensive.
Saving like $60 a month with more data.
Plus the service here is very good. 4G everywhere I go. Even when I was in the city in December I had little to no issues besides subway which I'm assuming is a dead zone.

But yeah I don't charge my phone until I'm ready to sleep.