2016 Preseason Thread

What I'm not sure about is how his American wife plays in to the equation. My understanding was he had already started the citizenship process once married with his green card. Not sure if that somehow makes it closer to the Costa example or not - it seems a bit like David Regis becoming an American via his wife albeit without the foreign friendly played..... a combination of Regis/Costa?
This is definitely a situation where I hope I'm wrong especially if Poku develops like we all think he can develop.

Reactions: Ulrich
They always miss the last players leaving the bus or the first players leaving the bus. They never get it right.

Where's Wingert? Brandt? Jack Harrison?

In fairness, the players - or at least, some of them - are usually not that interested in the vines the club wants to make to put up on the twitter account and therefore are likely not that interested in being made to wait to get off the bus while the social media exec runs off the bus with their phone and gets in the right position. I've seen various clubs from a handful of countries do these kinds of video and the footage always starts when several players have already left.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
What I'm not sure about is how his American wife plays in to the equation. My understanding was he had already started the citizenship process once married with his green card. Not sure if that somehow makes it closer to the Costa example or not - it seems a bit like David Regis becoming an American via his wife albeit without the foreign friendly played..... a combination of Regis/Costa?

I think it's just an easier, more certain path to citizenship. Perhaps quicker. I don't know the details, however.

lampard got dem short shorts on.

also our starting 11 last year on our opening day was this ,

----------Villa----------Nemec--------
-----------------Mix--------------------
----Grabavoy----------------------ballouchy--
------------------Jacobson---------------
--Brovsky-----------------------------Williams----
--------Wingert-------Hernandez------------
--------------------Saunders------------------

vs a very probable lineup of this come opening day

----------------------Villa----------------------
-----Harrison---Lampard----------Poku-----
-------------Pirlo----------Mix-----------------
--Mattarita---------------------------Iraola-----
-------------Brillant--------Mena---------
--------------------Saunders----------------

can't wait for our first preseason game

What's wrong with T-Mobile?
I think it's the fact that it doesn't have coverage in 65% of the country. Or at least it didn't. Maybe it's better now. Sprint used to be like that when I was on there, 15 years (wait, wut? Dayummmm) ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert and Vito
lampard got dem short shorts on.

also our starting 11 last year on our opening day was this ,

----------Villa----------Nemec--------
-----------------Mix--------------------
----Grabavoy----------------------ballouchy--
------------------Jacobson---------------
--Brovsky-----------------------------Williams----
--------Wingert-------Hernandez------------
--------------------Saunders------------------

vs a very probable lineup of this come opening day

----------------------Villa----------------------
-----Harrison---Lampard----------Poku-----
-------------Pirlo----------Mix-----------------
--Mattarita---------------------------Iraola-----
-------------Brillant--------Mena---------
--------------------Saunders----------------

can't wait for our first preseason game

I like this post a lot, and one positive thing is that I disagree with you about some of our starting XI for this year. I could draw a lineup that's different in 2-3 spots and still be as demonstrably better. That means we are not only better in the First Eleven, we have better depth and flexibility too.