2016 Preseason Thread

Nah just kind of have to look at pictures.
The roster accordign to pictures:
David Villa
Frank Lampard
Andrea Pirlo
Frank Lampard
David Villa
Frank Lampard
Andrea Pirlo
David Villa
Frank Lampard
Andrea Pirlo
Poku
Frank Lampard
David Villa
Frank Lampard
Andrea Pirlo
Ronald Matarrita
Andrea Pirlo
David Villa
Frank Lampard
Andrea Pirlo
Poku
Tony Taylor
Frank Lampard
Andrea Pirlo
Frank Lampard
David Villa
Frank Lampard
Andrea Pirlo
Patrick Vieira
Josh Saunders with hair

That's still something. Could you make the list? Cause I understand that I didn't see the players off the field during 2015 (which I'm already fixing) enough to recognize them.

Saunders Johansen
RJ Allen matarrita
Pirlo Lampard Poku
Villa

are the only ones I'm sure about.
Honestly haven't really looked yet besides the video off the buss. From what I remember I definitely saw Jacobsen and Eirik, hmm also t-mac.

Reactions: Kjbert
Ethan White is way too prominent in the pictures for my liking. Andre Rawls was spotted as was Mena, Hernandez Ballouchy and Tony Taylor

Reactions: Kjbert
Stupid article unless Don Garber is going to create some Targeted International Roster Spots for us.

Precisely. We are at either zero or one, depending upon Harrison's status as an International.

Plus, the author goes on to suggest a player that City had signed on a £6 million transfer. We could never take a player like that for salary cap reasons.

Last year, securing a couple of EDS loanees was critical to filling out our roster. This year, not so much. There is no guarantee that anyone they send us would get lots of playing time.

With all the stadium news today my mind is mush (well, mushier than usual, but that's another thread for another time). Anyway, how many International spots are we allowed?

According to the latest roster news from mlssoccer.com we have 8 International spots filled and Harrison is not one of them. He's listed as a Generation Adidas Player, which I assume does not count as an International.

New York City FC
ROSTERED PLAYERS (23 of 28 spots filled):
GK (2):
Eirik Johansen (INT'L), Josh Saunders
DEF (9): RJ Allen, Connor Brandt, Jason Hernandez, Andoni Iraola (INT'L), Diego Martinez (INT'L), Ronald Matarrita (INT'L), Jefferson Mena (INT'L), Ethan White, Chris Wingert
MID (8): Mehdi Ballouchy, Mix Diskerud, Jack Harrison (GA), Andrew Jacobson, Frank Lampard (DP, INT'L), Tommy McNamara, Andrea Pirlo (INT'L, DP), Kwadwo Poku
FWD (4): Patrick Mullins, Khiry Shelton, Tony Taylor, David Villa (DP, INT'L)

DESIGNATED PLAYERS (DP): 3
HOMEGROWN PLAYERS (HG): 0
INT'L ROSTER SPOTS FILLED (INT'L): 8
GENERATION ADIDAS PLAYERS (GA): 1

With all the stadium news today my mind is mush (well, mushier than usual, but that's another thread for another time). Anyway, how many International spots are we allowed?

According to the latest roster news from mlssoccer.com we have 8 International spots filled and Harrison is not one of them. He's listed as a Generation Adidas Player, which I assume does not count as an International.

this is key, because based on this we either have one or none ( assuming Briillant signs)

if this is true then we only have spot for 1 loan from man city.

Reactions: Gene

We have 10 spots this year. Two will expire at the end of the year and revert back to the team who traded it to us.

Reactions: Kjbert and Gene
I was getting excited to watch him play next week... I should have known better 24 hours with our training staff and you're guaranteed an injury. #paidtimeoffforeveryone

i thought PV brought his people in? if not then we are going to keep seeing lots of injuries man i remember last year so much injuries.

Reactions: SayWhat44