2016 Preseason Thread

image.jpeg Saw this picture online awhile ago and laughed at how terrible the photo shop was, it still say Sounders F.C. on the socks and logo on the shorts! But honestly if the team actually did something like this for our away kit I.e. (Navy/Dark blue shirt with light blue sponsor and light blue shorts and socks) it would look wicked.

CYxj4k7WkAAkVIU.jpg:large

Maybe the first look at one of our training jackets? And those shorts? Hm.

I hope those aren't yoga pants under his shorts.

My friends that are gym buffs all wear those. It's pretty normal for athletes to wear them especially for running.
It's pretty normal for guys worried about how they look to wear shorts over them when running. Running tights alone more than keep your lower torso warm in the winter - I consistently run in 10-20 degree temps each winter with just tights on my lower half. Shorts over tights don't trap heat to the body, they just hide the fact that your junk is turtle'ing.

Anyone know if the normal preseason sessions at IMG Academy are open to the public? I am planning a business trip to Tampa area next month and that would be a huge bonus!!

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
Anyone know if the normal preseason sessions at IMG Academy are open to the public? I am planning a business trip to Tampa area next month and that would be a huge bonus!!
Ha ha - was literally just doing the same thing. I likely will be around Naples, but close enough to hopefully check out a game and/or practice.

I think the biggest thing from this photo is that he's wearing sky blue shorts and socks. So we're going all blue this year.

Reactions: Kjbert
Has their been anything official about a new Jersey for this coming season?
We assume that we're getting a new away Jersey and keeping the home one ?

Has their been anything official about a new Jersey for this coming season?
We assume that we're getting a new away Jersey and keeping the home one ?
The MLS Catalogue that came out a month or two ago had us keeping our sky blue home jersey, and only used a different colored MLS crest for the away jersey, but it fit with the dark blue and orange color scheme, and now with all the Adidas stuff we're seeing the players wear, it's 99.999% confirmed we're getting a dark blue away jersey.

Always thought it'd be cool to do what the USMNT did with the "rocket pop" look, except have NYCFC do it with the NYC flag.

Reactions: JCMore and NYCFCP