2017 MLS Jersey Thread

Kansas City

C4RUZHiVYAAj1su.jpg

You know this has pretty much everything I wanted to see in a NYCFC jersey. But now that I see it together, I kind of hate it haha

These guys look very upset about the New Kit. Just look at the three players farthest to the left. Well actually one looks stoned, one looks pissed about Trumps wall, and the other just looks like a creepy maniquin

Reactions: leilanikali420
Kansas City

C4RUZHiVYAAj1su.jpg

You know this has pretty much everything I wanted to see in a NYCFC jersey. But now that I see it together, I kind of hate it haha
Agreed, I like it, its what I wanted as well but this kit would makes us look more like Man City that our original home kit

Agreed, I like it, its what I wanted as well but this kit would makes us look more like Man City that our original home kit
Is that because of the white collar? I ask because -- as a side issue to the big "clone kit" brouhaha -- I am kind of fascinated by how different people respond to various design elements. To me this looks much less like an MC kit due to the stripes and sponsor. The collar has a minimal effect. But it's not a right/wrong thing. People just respond to design elements in very different ways I guess.

Is that because of the white collar? I ask because -- as a side issue to the big "clone kit" brouhaha -- I am kind of fascinated by how different people respond to various design elements. To me this looks much less like an MC kit due to the stripes and sponsor. The collar has a minimal effect. But it's not a right/wrong thing. People just respond to design elements in very different ways I guess.

yeah it's the collar, which I love BTW. and for the record any resemblance to MC kits bothers me not one bit. I got past that very early on

manchester-city-home-jersey.jpg

Lots of leaks this morning:

Orlando
Ch9nzPa.jpg

San Jose

san-jose-earthquakes-2017-kit-2.jpg

Salt Lake City
real-salt-lake-2017-away-kit-2.jpg

DC United
dc-united-2017-away-kit-2.jpg

That Quakes jersey might be my favorite so far. Orlando is classy, but the gold badge looks REALLY weird. RSL leaves something to be desired. I don't even know where to begin with that DC monstrosity...

Official SKC release. Looks better in context, but still pretty meh.

sporting-kc-2017-jersey-2.jpg
I think it would look better if they kept it simple, remove the reflective?* striping. The picture in the bottom right looks a lot better in my mind, since you can barely see the stripes. Do enjoy the oxford button collar immensely.

Although, is SKC going with light blue top and white shorts now too?? Uh-ohs.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Do other leagues allow color combinations to be the same for teams within that league?
Yes. Impossible to stop with a constant flow of Pro/Reg. That's where the 3rd jersey comes into play. It's the very reason MLS should have a 3rd option for each team. Too often MLS has conflicting schemes that can't be easily distinguished on TV or in bright daylight.

Just for shiggles I tried to put together a list of primary, secondary, and third colors for each MLS team;

ATL- Red / Black / Gold
CHI- Red / Navy / White?
COL- Maroon / Lt. Blue / Yellow*
CLB- Yellow / Black / White
DCU- Red / Black / White
DAL- Red / Blue / White?
HOU- Orange / Gray / White?
LAG- Navy / Yellow / White
MIN- Gray? / Lt. Blue? / White?
MON- Blue / Black / White
NER- Navy / Red / White
NYC- Lt. Blue / Navy / Orange
NYR- Red / White / Navy
ORL- Purple / White / Gold?
PHI- Navy / White / Gold
POR- Green / Yellow / Red*
RSL- Red / Navy / Gold
SAN- Blue / Black / White
SEA- Nuclear Green / Blue / Navy
SKC- Lt. Blue / Navy / White
TOR- Red / White / Black?
VAN- White / Navy / Lt. Blue

Take a look at the premier league, where there are multiple teams with Red/White kits (Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Southampton, Stoke, Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool). Even Maroon and Lt. Blue is a popular combo (West Ham, Burnley, Aston Villa).

Due to a limited color spectrum with which to differentiate teams, and having a large company that isn't trying to go out of its way to impress anyone, we will continue to see similar kits thrown at us.

Of interest though, is seeing what the Rapids and Timbers have done with their secondary kits in regards to their locations. Colorado's yellow secondary was based on the state flag, and the Timber's red kit was based off of Portland's nickname of the "Rose City." Unfortunately for us, we already have the City's flag colors, so we probably won't have a crazy location based kit.

Just for shiggles I tried to put together a list of primary, secondary, and third colors for each MLS team;

ATL- Red / Black / Gold
CHI- Red / Navy / White?
COL- Maroon / Lt. Blue / Yellow*
CLB- Yellow / Black / White
DCU- Red / Black / White
DAL- Red / Blue / White?
HOU- Orange / Gray / White?
LAG- Navy / Yellow / White
MIN- Gray? / Lt. Blue? / White?
MON- Blue / Black / White
NER- Navy / Red / White
NYC- Lt. Blue / Navy / Orange
NYR- Red / White / Navy
ORL- Purple / White / Gold?
PHI- Navy / White / Gold
POR- Green / Yellow / Red*
RSL- Red / Navy / Gold
SAN- Blue / Black / White
SEA- Nuclear Green / Blue / Navy
SKC- Lt. Blue / Navy / White
TOR- Red / White / Black?
VAN- White / Navy / Lt. Blue

Take a look at the premier league, where there are multiple teams with Red/White kits (Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Southampton, Stoke, Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool). Even Maroon and Lt. Blue is a popular combo (West Ham, Burnley, Aston Villa).

Due to a limited color spectrum with which to differentiate teams, and having a large company that isn't trying to go out of its way to impress anyone, we will continue to see similar kits thrown at us.

Of interest though, is seeing what the Rapids and Timbers have done with their secondary kits in regards to their locations. Colorado's yellow secondary was based on the state flag, and the Timber's red kit was based off of Portland's nickname of the "Rose City." Unfortunately for us, we already have the City's flag colors, so we probably won't have a crazy location based kit.

As long as we don't go red for the Big Apple.