2017 MLS Jersey Thread

I actually meant that the logo on the white jersey would be be better in the light blue to match the stripes. #6:05ampost
FWIW I was intentionally suggesting white on white - but light blue would also be an improvement.
While we're clarifying, I actually think that white on white -- set off by material, shadow or slight variation in tone -- can be quite attractive. But it would be so impossible to see from distance that I doubt Target would be willing to pay for it.

Reactions: Goodfella and JayH
While we're clarifying, I actually think that white on white -- set off by material, shadow or slight variation in tone -- can be quite attractive. But it would be so impossible to see from distance that I doubt Target would be willing to pay for it.
One word: drop shadows.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Seems like they could have avoided all of the ugliness by simply using the logo with the name spelled out as seen in store signange.

Reactions: adam
new-york-red-bulls-2017-kit%2B%25288%2529.jpg

not sure which team he plays for........................

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/photo/2017/02/17/2017-mls-uniforms-jerseys-kits-away-home

Updated with all teams

New York City FC
NYCFC is still trying to figure out what to wear. Sky blue is a given, and the new home shirt is an improvement thanks to classy navy and orange trim. But the dark blue shorts represent yet another tweak of a kit that started in 2015 with white shorts and socks, changed to light blue socks and then, toward the end of ’16, to all sky blue. Now they’ll look like Sporting Kansas City, which is wearing white shorts and should suggest a swap. The swirly secondary (the ripples represent "the energy of the five boroughs"), which NYCFC wore in just six MLS games last year, is back.

Last edited:
So I was listening to the Pie Tragedy edition of the Men in Blazers podcast this morning and they said they just filmed a whole series of shows with the designer of the new MLS jerseys. Not sure if that's for TV or YouTube or something but they said it would start in a week or so.

Reactions: Schwallacus
The Crew went from first to worst to first again in the jersey wars the last 3 seasons. Glad they are back on track, last year hurt my eyes.
Yeah, those may be the best pair in the league. And getting a new, and classy, sponsor doesn't hurt either.

edit: since they got a new sponsor, they were able to redo both jerseys..... something to think about. Does the Sheik have any other companies besides Etihad?

Edit part deux: eh, the black is the same, didn't notice it also had the black on black checkers.

Yeah, those may be the best pair in the league. And getting a new, and classy, sponsor doesn't hurt either.

edit: since they got a new sponsor, they were able to redo both jerseys..... something to think about. Does the Sheik have any other companies besides Etihad?

Edit part deux: eh, the black is the same, didn't notice it also had the black on black checkers.

I didn't even notice Barbasol was gone till you said something. Didn't mind it, something blue collar Americana about it that fit with Columbus.

God damn. When the Crew do it right, they hit it out of the park. Best kits in the league.

I like the Seattle look, but I wish they would have matched the badge to the blue and white of the shirt itself. Looks pretty bad with the green in there.

Reactions: adam
I just noticed that Minnesota also went for the subtle touch on names and numbers, with the gray on the white kit and light blue on the gray kit. I will probably be in the minority (or be the entire minority) but I think that part is a cool look, although it may cause identification difficulties on the pitch.
thumb.aspx

thumb.aspx

God damn. When the Crew do it right, they hit it out of the park. Best kits in the league.

I like the Seattle look, but I wish they would have matched the badge to the blue and white of the shirt itself. Looks pretty bad with the green in there.
I really really liked Seattle's uniforms last year, wish they hadn't changed them. These aren't bad though.

Reactions: Schwallacus