2018 MLS Offseason Thread

Generally yes, but not specifically re Minnesota if by extra TAM you mean the voluntary TAM that teams self-fund. Do they even have one DP yet?

Nope. Most they've ever spent was $550k on Vadim Demidov who was a complete bust as a TAM player. But they also weren't the lowest spending team either by payroll.

Screenshot 2018-01-09 16.39.41.png

Reactions: Kjbert
Nope. Most they've ever spent was $550k on Vadim Demidov who was a complete bust as a TAM player. But they also weren't the lowest spending team either by payroll.

View attachment 7832
Hmm, I wonder how Montreal and Houston who have DPs could have a lower salary than teams (Minnesota and DC) who did not. Not curious enough to research it though.

I thought you couldn't backend Ks in MLS.
I think you can, but they would take the backend payment and spread it over the life of the contract for the purposes of salary cap calculations -- we don't know Piatti's salary cap hit, just his salary.

I could be wrong about this. His salary seems really low and my explanation seems to make (MLS) sense.

Since when are MLSPU contract information released well documented as erroneous? That's news to me

Since when are MLSPU contract information released well documented as erroneous? That's news to me
Dude, like, forever. They lowball the hell out of it. As we've mentioned and you agreed with elsewhere, there is plenty of comp taking place that they just ignore.

Poor-mouthing-est organization in the world (putting aside snide political remarks I'd like to make).

Reactions: Kjbert
Just a quick thought: Does anybody else think that MLS mighT be giving too much allocation money to expansion teams? I find it crazy that two years in a row teams are going to come into this league and compete straight away.
no. Likeliest alternative outcome is over-dilution. Better to mildly over-spend while bringing more talent into the league pool.

Just a quick thought: Does anybody else think that MLS mighT be giving too much allocation money to expansion teams? I find it crazy that two years in a row teams are going to come into this league and compete straight away.
I'm mildly annoyed they figured it out one year too late to help us, but it's the right way to go.