2018 Season Ticket Thread

I mean, I've done the obvious and equally petty thing of just repurposing my 2017 Founding Member lanyards for my 2018 cards.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Can one of our design mavens identity the font used for the “This City Never Sleeps” neon script?

It seems off, like it’s evoking a random era from the past that has no meaning to the club, but it’s also a modern stylized version of an old font so it’s just unrooted in anything. But I don’t know enough about fonts to be certain if I’m onto something or completely off base.
Wouldn't call myself a design maven but this reminded me of the Barbie font: http://www.fonts101.com/fonts/view/Brandname/40297/Barbie

I have the same, slightly unsettled feeling about it. If it's going to be that distinctive, I would prefer it has something to do with the club or the city. If that's not possible, just don't make it that distinctive. First do no harm.

Can one of our design mavens identity the font used for the “This City Never Sleeps” neon script?

It seems off, like it’s evoking a random era from the past that has no meaning to the club, but it’s also a modern stylized version of an old font so it’s just unrooted in anything. But I don’t know enough about fonts to be certain if I’m onto something or completely off base.
This is killing me now. It’s definitely a knock off of something, album cover, sitcom, children’s book, diner sign or something.

The Little Prince?

ETA: maybe not. Grrrr

Last edited:

Agreed, it feels like a modified old credits font. Sort of like a punched up version of what’s below

FA66FC12-407F-47D9-8D6B-DEF7D3052042.jpeg

Or they just hired an artist to create something "cool" and "hip" and it is inspired by that artist, not any particular font or reference.

- Two scarves, one plastic bag, one power bank, four dark blue lanyards, 20 passes for each game (17 regular season + 3 playoff (Knockout, Conference Semifinal, Conference Final)).
- Comparison of Pitchside passes. They really went for the Etihad look this year. The 2018 numbering, the background, etc. All Etihad styling.

IMG_4842.JPG
IMG_4843.JPG
IMG_4844.JPG
IMG_4845.JPG
IMG_4846.JPG

The only thing that irks me about the membership package (I have low expectations and expect mostly useless crap) is that they did away with the founding member lanyards. That was a nice touch to recognize who’s been there since the beginning.
Email your rep to see if they have some laying around. My rep is giving me two at the home opener.

I like the gifts this year. They are generally well done and useful. The bag is interesting, as it meets MLS standards, so everyone can use it for away games.

However, if this bag...

Swag.jpeg

...is a sign that Yankee Stadium's bag policy is changing, so I can no longer bring this bag...

bag.JPG

... then...

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I like the gifts this year. They are generally well done and useful. The bag is interesting, as it meets MLS standards, so everyone can use it for away games.

However, if this bag...

View attachment 8355

...is a sign that Yankee Stadium's bag policy is changing, so I can no longer bring this bag...

View attachment 8356

... then...

giphy.gif
You should just put your canvas tote bag inside your plastic tote bag and tell security it's art.

However, if this bag...

View attachment 8355

View attachment 8356

... then...

giphy.gif
I've been huffing that bag since I got it. Fresh new vinyl fumes for the win, yeah buddy!

Found this looking for match preview info. Maybe (hopefully) we’ll do this sort of thing once we have a stadium instead of paid cocktail parties and plastic bags

i mean we do have stuff like this.. See the 24 hour game soccer game coming up

Also considering it says food and beverage "available" sounds like its just as much like a paid cocktail party

Reactions: Christopher Jee
i mean we do have stuff like this.. See the 24 hour game soccer game coming up

Also considering it says food and beverage "available" sounds like its just as much like a paid cocktail party

I see a difference between an event that’s completely free to the public with cash bar and food, and an event that costs $300 to set foot in or $100 if you’re already paying to be a supporter. But it’s great that they’re directing that to charity.
The soccer game is interesting but if I’m understanding correctly that it’s weighted towards 4pm on Friday that’s not really a great time for people that might be at work, not in the city, families.

I see a difference between an event that’s completely free to the public with cash bar and food, and an event that costs $300 to set foot in or $100 if you’re already paying to be a supporter. But it’s great that they’re directing that to charity.
The soccer game is interesting but if I’m understanding correctly that it’s weighted towards 4pm on Friday that’s not really a great time for people that might be at work, not in the city, families.

Cant please everybody. No matter what we have someone will always complain the grass is greener somwhere else. Im sure theres supporters of other clubs saying, "wow look how cool that 24 hour game is, how come we dont have something like that"