2019 Roster Discussion

What Position Should NYCFC Target For Its Splash Signing?

• Striker

Votes: 52 89.7%
  • Midfielder

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Defender

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
Have the little birdies told you the club has finally figured out what we’ve been saying and given up on his skill set?

I want to set proper expectations and I’ll choose my words purposefully. What i said is part little birdie, part connecting the dots and part conjecture. Maybe in equal parts.

First, there is a player that CFG has wanted for NYCFC for a couple of years. That player is being made available this summer. He fills a position of clear need. All of this is fact.

Medina has not progressed at the rate the club hoped. We have 3 DPs and he is the least valuable. All fact.

Now to the dots. Medina has been moved down the depth chart. The further down he goes or stays, the less valuable he is. And the more expendable he becomes. If he’s not valuable and there is a player available who would be a big success, those are your dots.

My conjecture? The less he starts and plays, the higher the chances he moves on. I don’t know if there is a market. My conjecture is that CFG would “assume” him rather than sell for a loss right now.

I want to set proper expectations and I’ll choose my words purposefully. What i said is part little birdie, part connecting the dots and part conjecture. Maybe in equal parts.

First, there is a player that CFG has wanted for NYCFC for a couple of years. That player is being made available this summer. He fills a position of clear need. All of this is fact.

Medina has not progressed at the rate the club hoped. We have 3 DPs and he is the least valuable. All fact.

Now to the dots. Medina has been moved down the depth chart. The further down he goes or stays, the less valuable he is. And the more expendable he becomes. If he’s not valuable and there is a player available who would be a big success, those are your dots.

My conjecture? The less he starts and plays, the higher the chances he moves on. I don’t know if there is a market. My conjecture is that CFG would “assume” him rather than sell for a loss right now.
Is Aguero’s contract up this summer?

If it’s Sneijder I’m going to be so pissed.

Reactions: Yankeedom

David Silva. I put good money he's coming to NYCFC at some point.

Reactions: Christopher Jee

I think you needed to choose more carefully. Cue the Aguero speculation.

Personally, having Aguero here would be a nightmare. I mean, I'd love his quality, and I have no opinion either way of him as a person, but every MC fan in the universe will crawl out of the woodwork to scream "AGUERO" every time he scores and we'd have to see and hear that stupid clip ad nauseum.

I have to admit, that stupid date inversion on Cityzens still has me in an extra bad mood about our older brothers and I'm so fucking tired of being a fucking clone. Fuck Man City and all connection between that shit club and us. I don't want Aguero.

Personally, having Aguero here would be a nightmare. I mean, I'd love his quality, and I have no opinion either way of him as a person, but every MC fan in the universe will crawl out of the woodwork to scream "AGUERO" every time he scores and we'd have to see and hear that stupid clip ad nauseum.

I have to admit, that stupid date inversion on Cityzens still has me in an extra bad mood about our older brothers and I'm so fucking tired of being a fucking clone. Fuck Man City and all connection between that shit club and us. I don't want Aguero.

If Aguero is the only striker we can get this year, would you still not want AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

But think of the joy you’ll have sending Medina to CFG/ManC

I figure he's talking about Fuchs. I would love Agueroooo but he's only 30, and one of the best forwards in the world, don't think we'll see him for a few more years if ever
I really hope that ship sailed. He’s 32 and if using a DP slot on an outside back, we better bring in somebody like (a healthy) Benjamin Mendy.

we'd have to see and hear that stupid clip ad nauseum.

Sacrilege. When you're out of love with that clip, you're out of love with life. See also: DEENEYYYYYYY

I figure he's talking about Fuchs

I have zero Fuchs to give on this one. Never understood why people on here were ever excited about it.

I've been here so long that when you said there is a player CFG wants for NYCFC and he fills a need, I immediately thought of Iheanacho.

But obviously you're talking about Aguero.

Reactions: Christopher Jee