2020 & 2021 Season Ticket Thread

For STHs: If NYCFC hosts 0 matches at YS/CF in 2020, which would you prefer?

• Complete Refund

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Credit to 2021 Season

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
Substantively, beyond a CYA "you never know" disclaimer, I'm confident they cannot resume payments this month. Five days after the 3/14 announcement MLS extended the play suspension to at least May 10. Nothing has happened since then to suggest MLS can hold to that, and once it goes further, there is even less likelihood of playing 34 games. I just don't think they can announce next week that they are resuming charges because MLS still plans to resume May 10 while MLB, the NBA and NHL will still almost certainly be on indefinite hold, and while their customers have not been given a date when they can go back to work or even leave the house.

Put another way, unless 30-40 governors announce -- in the next 7 days -- that they plan to relax stay at home rules before May 10, then MLS teams will not resume STH charges next week.
Even when i'm wrong I'm right. ;)

Even when i'm wrong I'm right. ;)
And yet, they are still dancing around the elephant in the room of refunds - at this point, as a show of good will, they should be offering people the options to back out without losing their status or seat location for future seasons. Until their is a vaccine, nobody is going to be attending live sporting events, and the sooner the club acknowledges that, the less people will suspect them of a cash grab grift...... because if they’re serious about what they’ve said recently that their supporters are their life blood, then protecting supporters’ health and well-being should be their #1 priority.

Reactions: Vallos and adam
didnt get this email either. Unbelievable. I’ve been a season ticket holder from the beginning. Clowns.

you sure you are on a payment plan? One time i was when i didnt ask to be on one i had to check with my rep. Turns out they had to adjust my account for full payment.

that or maybe check your spam folders

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
What's option 2? And is there a publicly available form as I again didn't get the email?

you sure you are on a payment plan? One time i was when i didnt ask to be on one i had to check with my rep. Turns out they had to adjust my account for full payment.

that or maybe check your spam folders

been on a payment plan, they’ve been taking it every month without fail (even contacted me multiple times to confirm my credit card when the expiration date changed). No idea why I didn’t get this. (nothing in spam folders either, not that any of my NYCFC emails have ever gone to spam). It’s just strange all around.

been on a payment plan, they’ve been taking it every month without fail (even contacted me multiple times to confirm my credit card when the expiration date changed). No idea why I didn’t get this. (nothing in spam folders either, not that any of my NYCFC emails have ever gone to spam). It’s just strange all around.
I didn't get it either. Strange.

What's option 2? And is there a publicly available form as I again didn't get the email?

As with the previous URL, I deleted everything after the ? which takes you to the form but omits my account number and other characters and that might or might not make the form not work properly.

Option 1 is default to deferral.
Option 2 is fill out the form and keep to the payment schedule.
Option 3 is call and talk to a rep for any specific issues and they will try to work something out.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan and JayH

As with the previous URL, I deleted everything after the ? which takes you to the form but omits my account number and other characters.

Option 3 is call and talk to a rep for any specific issues and they will try to work something out.
Thanks MG!

I don't want to seem like a cheerleader for the team, but I think there's a danger in just saying unilaterally "the team" doesn't care. The business side doesn't care, is inept, and is completely out of touch. The rest of the club, especially the community outreach and social media teams do great work despite what appears to be massive roadblocks put in their way.

So yes, there are segments of the team that don't care and are completely inept. The ownership doesn't care. But there are good people who work for the team, and we shouldn't drag them all into this mess.

As with the previous URL, I deleted everything after the ? which takes you to the form but omits my account number and other characters and that might or might not make the form not work properly.

unrelated, but you can also delete the "?". All it means is "everything after this is just parameter information". It might be important in this case if they're tracking account #s, but if you're putting in emails anyway it shouldn't even matter as they'll be able to probably link it back by name/email.

unrelated, but you can also delete the "?". All it means is "everything after this is just parameter information". It might be important in this case if they're tracking account #s, but if you're putting in emails anyway it shouldn't even matter as they'll be able to probably link it back by name/email.
Thanks. I figured out long ago that the "?" is a marker separating the address from tracking. Was never sure if it made sense to leave it in or out, but it never seemed to matter.

Reactions: Schwallacus
Thanks. I figured out long ago that the "?" is a marker separating the address from tracking. Was never sure if it made sense to leave it in or out, but it never seemed to matter.
well, for example if you have
if you click that link, it'll take you to the results page where search_query = "test". If you remove the ? and after, it'll take you to /results which is just .com/
Some links require these parameters, some won't. That's why, in this example, if you leave out the search_query parameter it'll just take you to the homepage. Generally, if you remove those parameters and the page doesn't change, you're fine.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Garber, the League and all the teams will probably keep saying they "hope" to play a full season until negotiations with ESPN and FOX and other broadcast partners result in a way to truncate the season, or cancel it outright, without getting sued or having to give any money back.

It's the same reason, though on a different scale, that the Premier League is desperate to finish their season one way or another. Deals with broadcast partners.

Have any of the lawyers here on the forum gone over what the actual agreement between the club and the season ticket holders says? Just curious, but what are our rights and/or entitlements given the various options up to and including not playing at all this season? I'm fine with paying in full for the 2020 season as the installment plans are almost done (three more payments), assuming I can apply it to next season, and I'm sure there are other people who'd prefer a refund. Anyone know?

i didn't care personally when i got that email saying they are resuming the installment payments. It was like $100/mo I can a afford it. But i thought to myself..... wow this is going to be some shit PR for the team. Like 1 in 7 people lost their jobs globally. People are dying. And the club's main concern is with getting their "rent" essentially. Giving some weak excuse why it made sense for them to turn the payments back on.

Then they backtracked in 24 hrs. Lol, what a joke. How could they not see the mistake. How hard up are they for money? they couldn't defer the payment at least 1 more month. Idiots. So they miss out on some interest in their coffers. How much is the PR fix going to cost? Cause I'm gonna remember this bone head move for a long while. Just another in a long list of stupid moves.