2020 & 2021 Season Ticket Thread

For STHs: If NYCFC hosts 0 matches at YS/CF in 2020, which would you prefer?

• Complete Refund

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Credit to 2021 Season

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
on UPS, you can sign up for a UPS MY CHOICE account. this allows you to track packages arriving at your address as soon as a label is created for it. it's free and worth getting imho.
Yup, works great. I also have USPS Informed Delivery, which does a similar thing. And FedEx as well but I don't think there's a special program for it, just comes as part of the standard FedEx account. And they all have iPhone apps, so you can just get notifications of when things are on their way to you.

All that being said, my NYCFC package just showed up at my door one day with no notice, so who knows. Not sure what happened with that one but it almost always works.

Reactions: moogoo
I just got my box today. i have to say it is not as bad as people made it out to be. Yes, there could be better stuff in it, but I think they get a pass this year. The box itself is 1000% improvement from last year's flimsy one. The pin is nice and could be the first of a series they do at home games this year.. maybe? the scarves are same as they always are and the ford thing is whatever.

i actually like the spiderman figure. it is officially licensed and comes with a digital comic. might even be worth something in the future to a marvel spiderman collector as a rare item.

would have loved a $25 gift card for the team store though. but oh well.

Reactions: Shwafta
I just got my box today. i have to say it is not as bad as people made it out to be. Yes, there could be better stuff in it, but I think they get a pass this year. The box itself is 1000% improvement from last year's flimsy one. The pin is nice and could be the first of a series they do at home games this year.. maybe? the scarves are same as they always are and the ford thing is whatever.

i actually like the spiderman figure. it is officially licensed and comes with a digital comic. might even be worth something in the future to a marvel spiderman collector as a rare item.

would have loved a $25 gift card for the team store though. but oh well.
Wait - did I miss the digital comic???

lol.

giphy.gif

I always wondered about the reaction you'd get at a dealership if you used the ford coupon like a wildcard. Spend half the day test driving and negotiating. get down to a final price; taxes. dmv fee, plates. the whole shabang. then right before signing, dig into your pocket and say "oh yeah, forgot I had this" and ask for $1,000 more off.

Last edited:
I always wondered if the reaction you'd get at a dealership if you used the ford coupon like a wildcard. Spend half the day test driving and negotiating. get down to a final price; taxes. dmv fee, plates. the whole shabang. then right before signing, dig into your pocket and say "oh yeah, forgot I had this" and ask for $1,000 more off.
giphy.gif

So my 2021 Mets Opening Day ticket which I rolled over from last yr was just recently voided. It was still valid as of Tuesday. Which the Mets voided I believe three days ago when they sent the following statement via email. This is onply part of the email. Mets season ticket holders will receive priority access in reserving their seats for games played under reduced capacity. All fans holding tickets to impacted games will receive information next week with additional information regarding ticket access. I am just curious what options NYCFC are going to provide considering 2022 season tickets payments start sometime in May. I will laugh if we are asked to pay for a future season before some of us will be able to attend a match this season.

So my 2021 Mets Opening Day ticket which I rolled over from last yr was just recently voided. It was still valid as of Tuesday. Which the Mets voided I believe three days ago when they sent the following statement via email. This is onply part of the email. Mets season ticket holders will receive priority access in reserving their seats for games played under reduced capacity. All fans holding tickets to impacted games will receive information next week with additional information regarding ticket access. I am just curious what options NYCFC are going to provide considering 2022 season tickets payments start sometime in May. I will laugh if we are asked to pay for a future season before some of us will be able to attend a match this season.

so from what my rep said, they still working out "details". but he said that in games that are not at full capacity you can get a credit for the game if you decide not to go. however its still not clear if i can apply those credits for next years season tickets.

I always wondered about the reaction you'd get at a dealership if you used the ford coupon like a wildcard. Spend half the day test driving and negotiating. get down to a final price; taxes. dmv fee, plates. the whole shabang. then right before signing, dig into your pocket and say "oh yeah, forgot I had this" and ask for $1,000 more off.
I'm not a car dealer so I don't say this with authority, but i have to imagine they don't care so much except for perhaps some paperwork annoyance. I'm guessing they give you the car for 1000 less, then file a coupon redemption with the ford parent company to get the 1000 back. The dealer is independent from the company. I guess if they don't want to accept it they don't have too, but in the end if the parent company wants to subsidize the purchase of the car they should be elated. Lower price = more potential customers, even if there is some annoying paperwork involved.

I recall reading an article a while back about fast food franchises and how they operate and it spoke about how one of the companies (i forget which) was having a franchisee revolt because the parent company was not issuing enough discount pricing promotions. So the franchisees like it when the parent company has a national 2 for 1 special because they just push the discounts up the chain and get refunded by the parent co. Otherwise they would have to go it alone and put the discounts on their meals locally and that comes straight out of the owners pocket with no refund from the parent co. I see that as a similar thing to the ford discount.

I'm not a car dealer so I don't say this with authority, but i have to imagine they don't care so much except for perhaps some paperwork annoyance. I'm guessing they give you the car for 1000 less, then file a coupon redemption with the ford parent company to get the 1000 back. The dealer is independent from the company. I guess if they don't want to accept it they don't have too, but in the end if the parent company wants to subsidize the purchase of the car they should be elated. Lower price = more potential customers, even if there is some annoying paperwork involved.

I recall reading an article a while back about fast food franchises and how they operate and it spoke about how one of the companies (i forget which) was having a franchisee revolt because the parent company was not issuing enough discount pricing promotions. So the franchisees like it when the parent company has a national 2 for 1 special because they just push the discounts up the chain and get refunded by the parent co. Otherwise they would have to go it alone and put the discounts on their meals locally and that comes straight out of the owners pocket with no refund from the parent co. I see that as a similar thing to the ford discount.

Interesting. So by that reasoning, the wildcard in the back pocket is actually the best strategy to actually use the discount correctly. Now how much are those new Broncos going for?

Reactions: Schwallacus
Interesting. So by that reasoning, the wildcard in the back pocket is actually the best strategy to actually use the discount correctly. Now how much are those new Broncos going for?

$1000 more than what you would normally pay for them cause dealers read this forum and are now prepared for wildcard strategies.

(especially if you roll onto the lot with NYCFC swag)