2020 & 2021 Season Ticket Thread

For STHs: If NYCFC hosts 0 matches at YS/CF in 2020, which would you prefer?

• Complete Refund

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Credit to 2021 Season

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
I got this email as well and fired off a reply to Goodman. I applaud the guy for standing in front of a firing squad yesterday, but fuck, don't pull this shit after getting complaints from your STH that you are neglecting them!

the intern who messed up the “city member” list with the “prospect” list is getting canned.

• Haha
Reactions: Kjbert and moogoo
lol..
just got an email from the club to "BECOME A MEMBER!" even though I already am.

Apparently if you make a $50 deposit toward becoming a 2022 member, you get 4 FREE tickets to 2021 home games - INCLUDING THE DERBY. This is how they are screwing current STHs... sigh. we knew it was coming.

the email also mentions “exciting competitions and opportunities to meet the players at member-only events”, sure.

Yes, I know that they haven’t been able to do anything in the pandemic, but even before that it always seemed to be the same set of people who got randomly “selected” for all events.

Reactions: Kjbert and moogoo
the email also mentions “exciting competitions and opportunities to meet the players at member-only events”, sure.

Yes, I know that they haven’t been able to do anything in the pandemic, but even before that it always seemed to be the same set of people who got randomly “selected” for all events.

yea. the meet the player events were usually by raffle. i never tried before, but I think if you contacted your rep and said you really wanted to meet the players they'd probably make it happen.

your point is still valid. the membership "benefits" aren't exactly mind blowing and that's if you actually get them.

On that note, I did receive my renewal benefits from the member table yesterday in the great hall. it was pretty painless and quick. too bad my go to food vendor was not open but I do plan to use that merch gift card during the end of season sale at the final home game.

I think one of the best things the Club can do for its season ticket holders is get people back into the stands to pump up the gameday atmosphere.

Agreed.

Offering ticket incentives to new season ticket holders is a common practice. The tickets offered, also, are likely those that none of the current season ticket holder would want.

Understanding I am in the minority on this forum, I believe the team has done better than might be expected at managing the pandemic. I don't want to travel to New Jersey for a game (so I don't), but the management of the schedule and season ticket payments has been within reason for me. In the end, it is all about the stadium - resolve that and everything else will seem minor.

I think one of the best things the Club can do for its season ticket holders is get people back into the stands to pump up the gameday atmosphere.
Exactly! The value of season tickets diminishes greatly for each 1k decrease in attendance.

They need to properly price season tickets and promos to get 25k plus regularly

My rep got us pitchside seats after a good talk.

I guess you get more bees with honey.

giphy.gif

no sir you botched the saying, bees don't need your honey

I said i wasnt ready to take my unvaccinated children to the game, so my rep said if you buy too more tickets i can give you a box. which is nice, but i cant even give tickets away cause nobody wants to go.

Reactions: Kjbert
What went down at the pregame forum with Goodman? I heard it was a cluster of sorts.
The sound was terrible so it was hard to hear most of the questions and answers, though there was someone from the team recording it.

I asked the first question, with a preface along the lines of comments I made in the STH thread. That although we’ve had variable ticket pricing, we were told the games at RBA and before the restrictions were lifted were optional and that people may have a variety of reasons for not attending including to protect their own or their children’s health. That the gulf between Tiers 1 and 4 is more substantial than in 2019, and that we were only told after the fact. Asked if we should expect games at RBA next year and how many, because it will impact whether I continue to be a member (already on the line for 2022, but for 2023).

Goodman said that when the schedule is released for next season, the variable pricing for all matches will be released at the same time. Said their preference was to play all games at YS, or at the very least in the 5 boroughs (Citi Field), but that wasn’t possible this year with both the condensed MLS and MLB schedules. Said that they absolutely don’t want to play any games at RBA but of course can’t guarantee that will be the case.

I tried to take the polite but firm approach. Others were more combative whether in their questions or outbursts (one prominent supporter who I won’t name yelled “you suck!” when walking out). People are frustrated. I had a call with my rep McKenna last week and decided I will see what happens in 2022 and then make a decision going forward

I might be one of a few, but my assigned seats for the Citi Field games were much better than my YS seats, so other than paying a toll, I’m ok with Citi Field.

The pricing of the YS general sale tickets is so ridiculous because they know they won’t sell any even at a reduced price. So take the pound of flesh from us and give everything else away. Makes sense—from their perspective.

I actually think it's a good thing they're trying to encourage people to become season ticket holders. One of the reasons I became a fan in 2015 was the atmosphere in the stadium, which has gone severely downhill the last couple years. The more people at the stadium, the better the atmosphere, the more your season tickets are worth because more people will want to go again.

i am super confused. I thought i Opted out of 2021 season, but it looks like my account has tickets (maybe)?

what is supposed to be going on this season?

my rep i guess changed, new guy hasn't responded.

My understanding is that we could trade in up to two games this year. I traded in one and wanted to trade back a couple of my seats to the Pumas game - but there is no option to trade in that game. I was curious so I started looking at all the games and only some are trade-in options:

pumas (leagues cup) - no trade in option
FC Dallas - no trade in option
RNBY - trade in option

What is this? Don’t say you can trade in and only make trade-in available for some games.

My understanding is that we could trade in up to two games this year. I traded in one and wanted to trade back a couple of my seats to the Pumas game - but there is no option to trade in that game. I was curious so I started looking at all the games and only some are trade-in options:

pumas (leagues cup) - no trade in option
FC Dallas - no trade in option
RNBY - trade in option

What is this? Don’t say you can trade in and only make trade-in available for some games.

When you say "trade in" do you mean "purchase tickets" or "refund ticket value"?

The pumas game isn't regular season so you can only opt-out of that. You should be able to use your ticket bank balance toward extra seats for the pumas game though.

For Dallas, you should be able to use your ticket bank balance toward extra seats for this too. If you are unable to, your rep can do it manually. I think a few other people were having similar issues.

i am super confused. I thought i Opted out of 2021 season, but it looks like my account has tickets (maybe)?

what is supposed to be going on this season?

my rep i guess changed, new guy hasn't responded.

not sure what your account says to make you think you have tickets. but if you opted out of 2021, then your 2020 balance should be refunded in december during the "settle up" period. If you see an account balance, that's probably your 2020 balance. If you want to know if you have actual tickets, just click on MY EVENTS on the top left. IF there are tickets, then you have tickets and there must have been some mix up with the opt out process.

You can also try clicking on the PAID button under invoices and see if there is a 2021 invoice. If there is, then you were probably never opted out.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: Rimil
Does anyone know where we can see how much credit we get for each remaining game if we trade it in?
Check the email from Matt Goodman that originally discussed the pricing for the Yankee Stadium games. Short of that, you'd probably need to go through the process to see the credit and just not complete it.

When you say "trade in" do you mean "purchase tickets" or "refund ticket value"?

The pumas game isn't regular season so you can only opt-out of that. You should be able to use your ticket bank balance toward extra seats for the pumas game though.

For Dallas, you should be able to use your ticket bank balance toward extra seats for this too. If you are unable to, your rep can do it manually. I think a few other people were having similar issues.

not sure what your account says to make you think you have tickets. but if you opted out of 2021, then your 2020 balance should be refunded in december during the "settle up" period. If you see an account balance, that's probably your 2020 balance. If you want to know if you have actual tickets, just click on MY EVENTS on the top left. IF there are tickets, then you have tickets and there must have been some mix up with the opt out process.

You can also try clicking on the PAID button under invoices and see if there is a 2021 invoice. If there is, then you were probably never opted out.

Hope that helps!
well dayum, i guess i have tickets. Maybe they just allowed us to opt out of the redbull arena ones. I really haven't been following my account for 2 years now. So confused. I'm so unmotivated to go. I really think im going to cancel completely. I'm pretty annoyed that they expect me to be going to these games at all.

well dayum, i guess i have tickets. Maybe they just allowed us to opt out of the redbull arena ones. I really haven't been following my account for 2 years now. So confused. I'm so unmotivated to go. I really think im going to cancel completely. I'm pretty annoyed that they expect me to be going to these games at all.

looks like you were never opted out for whatever reason. red bull games were always optional. and you can only trade in 2 of the YS games for the rest of the season. you can also opt out of the leagues cup pumas game, which you were automatically opted in for. anything left in your ticket bank will be applied to 2022 so opting out for 2022 at this point probably isn't the most practical because that ticket balance will not be refunded to you. If you still choose to opt out of 2022, the remaining balance will stay in your account and you'll have to talk to your rep to buy ticket vouchers for 2022.

sounds like you need to talk to your rep and figure out what's going on

Reactions: mgarbowski