2020 & 2021 Season Ticket Thread

For STHs: If NYCFC hosts 0 matches at YS/CF in 2020, which would you prefer?

• Complete Refund

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Credit to 2021 Season

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
looks like you were never opted out for whatever reason. red bull games were always optional. and you can only trade in 2 of the YS games for the rest of the season. you can also opt out of the leagues cup pumas game, which you were automatically opted in for. anything left in your ticket bank will be applied to 2022 so opting out for 2022 at this point probably isn't the most practical because that ticket balance will not be refunded to you. If you still choose to opt out of 2022, the remaining balance will stay in your account and you'll have to talk to your rep to buy ticket vouchers for 2022.

sounds like you need to talk to your rep and figure out what's going on
my card was expired on the site so they didnt auto charge me for the season so because of that i thought i was just rolling my balance forward twice. dang it, looks like i burned the orlando and columbus matches (not that i think i could sell them nor did i want to attend in this environment). i suppose i could have traded them in but what good is this "banked money" if i cannot roll it to 2022, so dumb.

Edit: oh i guess it can be used for 2022 at least thats what the last goodman email said.

Tickets for the next two RBA home matches -- Aug. 14 v Miami and Oct. 3 v Nashville -- went on sale yesterday. Drastically steeper discounts for founding members than the first five matches at RBA. I ran the numbers on my own ticket plan and it looks like the club is pricing in the October YS/RBA flex matches as being played in the Bronx.

Founding member pricing tiers for general seating categories -- likely Supporters through Midfield Preferred.
Next two RBA matches:
$5/8/10/15/20/25

First five RBA matches (based on July 21 v Montreal pricing and reddit):
$18/20/25/35/40/50

Aside from the Supporters as the cheapest tier, figuring out the corresponding tiers takes a bit of tinkering with a spreadsheet to make the math work. Thanks to K Kjbert for flagging a reddit user's efforts earlier in this thread. I'm Sideline Mezzanine with a per-match average price of $32. My RBA tiers are apparently $8 for the next two matches and $20 for the past five.

Using the per-match average price for my plan as a placeholder for the first two capacity-restricted YS matches -- v Cincinnati and Toronto -- and plugging in the prices from the Goodman email including the October flex matches, the numbers add up to within 50 cents of my cost.

I'm surprised that the club is seemingly counting the Yankees out of the playoffs and committing to pricing for the Nashville match in October. If the Oct. 23 v DC and Oct. 27 v Chicago matches are played at RBA, the club would need to keep the same ticket prices for the numbers to square. The only other wiggle room would be to somehow adjust the mystery Tier 3 covering the early YS matches.

For founding members who attended the Cincinnati or Toronto match this spring, does anyone remember whether pods were available at the per-seat average price of your plan?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
Tickets for the next two RBA home matches -- Aug. 14 v Miami and Oct. 3 v Nashville -- went on sale yesterday. Drastically steeper discounts for founding members than the first five matches at RBA. I ran the numbers on my own ticket plan and it looks like the club is pricing in the October YS/RBA flex matches as being played in the Bronx.

Founding member pricing tiers for general seating categories -- likely Supporters through Midfield Preferred.
Next two RBA matches:
$5/8/10/15/20/25

First five RBA matches (based on July 21 v Montreal pricing and reddit):
$18/20/25/35/40/50

Aside from the Supporters as the cheapest tier, figuring out the corresponding tiers takes a bit of tinkering with a spreadsheet to make the math work. Thanks to K Kjbert for flagging a reddit user's efforts earlier in this thread. I'm Sideline Mezzanine with a per-match average price of $32. My RBA tiers are apparently $8 for the next two matches and $20 for the past five.

Using the per-match average price for my plan as a placeholder for the first two capacity-restricted YS matches -- v Cincinnati and Toronto -- and plugging in the prices from the Goodman email including the October flex matches, the numbers add up to within 50 cents of my cost.

I'm surprised that the club is seemingly counting the Yankees out of the playoffs and committing to pricing for the Nashville match in October. If the Oct. 23 v DC and Oct. 27 v Chicago matches are played at RBA, the club would need to keep the same ticket prices for the numbers to square. The only other wiggle room would be to somehow adjust the mystery Tier 3 covering the early YS matches.

For founding members who attended the Cincinnati or Toronto match this spring, does anyone remember whether pods were available at the per-seat average price of your plan?
So they’re fucking us even more is what you’re telling me? Like just blatantly giving away the RBA games for nothing and jacking up our YS games. Fuck these guys so much

Do the NYC rules that come into play on August 16th impact outdoor stadiums?

Do the NYC rules that come into play on August 16th impact outdoor stadiums?

those rules are for specific indoor activities. so it's unlikely there will be any changes at yankee stadium. at least until they re-evaluate things in a month.

So they’re fucking us even more is what you’re telling me? Like just blatantly giving away the RBA games for nothing and jacking up our YS games. Fuck these guys so much
i'm only catching up to whats going on because dumb me thought i didnt have to worry about 2021 but after i looked at some email goodman sent in july. without much deep analysis my first reaction what huh? this doesn't seem right. ill explain, this is a snip of the email i got for my two tickets in the cheapest seated section (not counting GA supporter section) that i am just parking my founding member status:

1628044136697.png

First off, bullshit! I absolutely do not want you volunteering my money into this stupid pumas game. Complete lie that it will be popular and they didnt want me to miss it. It will be empty and they just want to suck down some money in 2021 by catching people who don't opt out. That is never how you do things. its like saying "Oh hey we saw on the weather report it was going to be chilly so we bought you a $300 home jersey kit and $100 scarf to keep you warm using your banked money, opt out if we read the situation wrong". Fuck you for making up a match mid-season and buying it for me without asking. The option for new games ( or anything for that matter) should be to opt in, never opt out by default.

Second, what i noticed is more than half of my banked money is going to 7 matches (i guess including pumas). WTF? My season tickets used to cover 17 home games. How did 7 matches suddenly take 62% of my budget? There was 4 similarly "premium" matches being played at RBA, so what are the other 6 or 7 matches vs the likes of nashville/montreal/toronto/miami priced at $5, each or something? No way, they have severely overpriced the value of these home game YS matches under the guise of variable pricing to shift bank money into the 2021 season and "generously" offered the RBA matches as opt in if you'd like which they know few will take them up on the offer. What a skeezy move. This virus problem is not over for vaccinated and unvaccinated people alike. No way i want to be taking unnecessary risks. Insensitive to only offer abandoning my season tickets/banked money or rolling my bank to 2022 after carving >50% out for overpriced YS tickets.

I don't intend on going to any games this season. Now i will for sure opt out of the pumas match thats a no brainer and I will transfer two tickets to get money back in my bank. I already missed my chance to do so with the Orlando & Columbus games cause dumb-dumb me didnt know about them. which leaves me with 2 of the remaining 4. The other two i will have to try an sell which is unlikely. RB seems like an obvious transfer but actually think if anything they are the most fair price tag and most likely to sell even if its for next to nothing. it will probably have to be the NE & PHI games i transfer and I will just have to eat a loss on dallas. Fuckin skeezes.

Last edited:
i'm only catching up to whats going on because dumb me thought i didnt have to worry about 2021 but after i looked at some email goodman sent in july. without much deep analysis my first reaction what huh? this doesn't seem right. ill explain, this is a snip of the email i got for my two tickets in the cheapest seated section (not counting GA supporter section) that i am just parking my founding member status:

View attachment 11331

First off, bullshit! I absolutely do not want you volunteering my money into this stupid pumas game. Complete lie that it will be popular and they didnt want me to miss it. It will be empty and they just want to suck down some money in 2021 by catching people who don't opt out. That is never how you do things. its like saying "Oh hey we saw on the weather report it was going to be chilly so we bought you a $300 home jersey kit and $100 scarf to keep you warm using your banked money, opt out if we read the situation wrong". Fuck you for making up a match mid-season and buying it for me without asking. The option for new games ( or anything for that matter) should be to opt in, never opt out by default.

Second, what i noticed is more than half of my banked money is going to 7 matches (i guess including pumas). WTF? My season tickets used to cover 17 home games. How did 7 matches suddenly take 62% of my budget? There was 4 similarly "premium" matches being played at RBA, so what are the other 6 or 7 matches vs the likes of nashville/montreal/toronto/miami priced at $5, each or something? No way, they have severely overpriced the value of these home game YS matches under the guise of variable pricing to shift bank money into the 2021 season and "generously" offered the RBA matches as opt in if you'd like which they know few will take them up on the offer. What a skeezy move. This virus problem is not over for vaccinated and unvaccinated people alike. No way i want to be taking unnecessary risks. Insensitive to only offer abandoning my season tickets/banked money or rolling my bank to 2022 after carving >50% out for overpriced YS tickets.

I don't intend on going to any games this season. Now i will for sure opt out of the pumas match thats a no brainer and I will transfer two tickets to get money back in my bank. I already missed my chance to do so with the Orlando & Columbus games cause dumb-dumb me didnt know about them. which leaves me with 2 of the remaining 4. The other two i will have to try an sell which is unlikely. RB seems like an obvious transfer but actually think if anything they are the most fair price tag and most likely to sell even if its for next to nothing. it will probably have to be the NE & PHI games i transfer and I will just have to eat a loss on dallas. Fuckin skeezes.

If you look back about 3-4 pages, you'll see all the outrage from the rest of us. Glad you figured things out!

If you aren't going to any games, you should trade back the Red Bulls games for one of them to maximize your money. Then one of the other tier 2 games.. then roll the dice by selling the rest of the tickets on the market.

View attachment 11331

Amen. They’re now scamming us

The FO sent out a letter to all STH today. Nothing about the new stadium situation (which I wasn't expecting), but it does address several of my beefs.

Dear [redacted Pigeon STH],

Let me start by thanking you for your feedback, dialogue and patience. After a number of direct, 1-on-1 conversations as well as Town Halls – both virtually and in-person – we heard you and want to ensure that you feel your City Membership is as valuable as ever. We appreciate your passion for this Club...THANK YOU!

From our conversations, we've aggregated the main topics and want to share with you the plan to address the issues we heard most. Please see below.

Again, I want to thank everyone for your constructive feedback; as many heard me say, our members are what make this a football Club.

Matt Goodman

Variable Pricing

We understand that we did not clearly articulate variable pricing at the beginning of the season. In a normal season, as we did in 2019, variable pricing will be given to Members after the schedule release and before the first match. Due to unforeseen scheduling challenges in 2020 and 2021, we were unable to do this.
You have our word that when we return to normalcy in 2022, you will have a full outline of your individualized variable pricing plan for the 2022 season before the first match.

Ticket Prices

I want to make it very clear - if you did not use your credit to upgrade your seats during the 2021 season, you will not be charged above and beyond your 2021 Membership cost.
Furthermore, if/when we are able to move our home matches on Oct. 23 and Oct. 27 back to Yankee Stadium, we will honor the lower Red Bull Arena pricing for all City Members. We will not allocate the Tier 2 pricing that was originally listed in your variable pricing. These are deliberate changes and updates we want to make for our Members.

Member Benefits

We will continue to provide City Member rollover benefits at every home match this season.
These include F&B gift cards, merchandise gift cards and bonus credits – as well as signed items, parking passes and in-person events (coming soon).

Ticket Trade In Program

We have always allowed Members to trade-in tickets to a limited number of games each season – but in the past, trade-in credits needed to be used prior to the end of the regular season.
For this year, your trade-in credit from 2021 can be rolled over and applied to your 2022 Membership balance. We're excited to offer this policy to our Members for this season.
***Additionally, we have decided to increase the trade-in program and make it more flexible by allowing Members to trade-in for three (3) matches instead of the two (2) that we had originally communicated.***
As a reminder, tickets need to be traded-in at least 24-hour prior to the match.

Venue

Assuming a full "return to normalcy" with no COVID related restrictions, our plan for 2022 (and subsequent seasons, leading up to having our own NYC Stadium) is to play as many home games as possible at Yankee Stadium, with Citi Field as our primary alternate venue. If, for reasons outside of our control, we are forced to play any home games outside of the five boroughs, those games will remain optional for City Members to attend.

Overall Communication

Based on your feedback, we will be holding at least quarterly City Member Town Hall Meetings with NYCFC leadership team and Sporting Department. We will be in regular communication when these are scheduled.

Last edited:
Just got this in an email from Matt Goodman:

"Let me start by thanking you for your feedback, dialogue and patience. After a number of direct, 1-on-1 conversations as well as Town Halls – both virtually and in-person – we heard you and want to ensure that you feel your City Membership is as valuable as ever. We appreciate your passion for this Club...THANK YOU!
From our conversations, we've aggregated the main topics and want to share with you the plan to address the issues we heard most. Please see below.
Again, I want to thank everyone for your constructive feedback; as many heard me say, our members are what make this a football Club.
Matt Goodman
Variable Pricing
We understand that we did not clearly articulate variable pricing at the beginning of the season. In a normal season, as we did in 2019, variable pricing will be given to Members after the schedule release and before the first match. Due to unforeseen scheduling challenges in 2020 and 2021, we were unable to do this.
You have our word that when we return to normalcy in 2022, you will have a full outline of your individualized variable pricing plan for the 2022 season before the first match.
Ticket Prices
I want to make it very clear - if you did not use your credit to upgrade your seats during the 2021 season, you will not be charged above and beyond your 2021 Membership cost.
Furthermore, if/when we are able to move our home matches on Oct. 23 and Oct. 27 back to Yankee Stadium, we will honor the lower Red Bull Arena pricing for all City Members. We will not allocate the Tier 2 pricing that was originally listed in your variable pricing. These are deliberate changes and updates we want to make for our Members.
Member Benefits
We will continue to provide City Member rollover benefits at every home match this season.
These include F&B gift cards, merchandise gift cards and bonus credits – as well as signed items, parking passes and in-person events (coming soon).
Ticket Trade In Program
We have always allowed Members to trade-in tickets to a limited number of games each season – but in the past, trade-in credits needed to be used prior to the end of the regular season.
For this year, your trade-in credit from 2021 can be rolled over and applied to your 2022 Membership balance. We're excited to offer this policy to our Members for this season.
***Additionally, we have decided to increase the trade-in program and make it more flexible by allowing Members to trade-in for three (3) matches instead of the two (2) that we had originally communicated.***
As a reminder, tickets need to be traded-in at least 24-hour prior to the match.
Venue
Assuming a full "return to normalcy" with no COVID related restrictions, our plan for 2022 (and subsequent seasons, leading up to having our own NYC Stadium) is to play as many home games as possible at Yankee Stadium, with Citi Field as our primary alternate venue. If, for reasons outside of our control, we are forced to play any home games outside of the five boroughs, those games will remain optional for City Members to attend.
Overall Communication
Based on your feedback, we will be holding at least quarterly City Member Town Hall Meetings with NYCFC leadership team and Sporting Department. We will be in regular communication when these are scheduled.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
I checked my account today and now in addition to the $ in the ticket bank, there is now a separate amount for bonus credits listed.

both of these roll over to 2022 or is it just the amount in the ticket bank?

I checked my account today and now in addition to the $ in the ticket bank, there is now a separate amount for bonus credits listed.

both of these roll over to 2022 or is it just the amount in the ticket bank?

The bonus credits will roll over into 2022 too.

These bonus credits correspond to the "bonus tokens" that were provided as a rollover benefit when renewing for 2021. The amount you received is a percentage of your membership cost, where the percentage varies depending on the type of rollover you selected.

i also wanted to post about ticket resales.

I put a couple seats up for resale and chose the option to have them credited back to my account with the assumption that it would grow my ticket bank that is to be rolled over into 2022, thereby reducing my cost for 2022.

My tickets sold and my account was credited, but this credit did not show in the ticket bank balance. It only showed in the credit balance under the "ACCOUNT ACTIVITY" option found in the drop down menu by your username (upper right of the window). I emailed my rep to ask why the credit didn't show in the ticket bank balance and his response was that is just doesn't automatically show but that the "credit balance" and the "ticket bank balance" are the same.

Also wanted to clarify a bit more about the bonus tokens. The bonus tokens will rollover into 2022 but are separate from your ticket bank balance. You CAN use the bonus tokens for 2021 tickets AFTER your ticket bank balance is fully depleted during the 2021 season. At the end of 2021, your ticket bank balance and your bonus credit balance will roll over into 2022. HOWEVER. your bonus credit balance DOES NOT effect the amount you owe for 2022. They are simply bonus credits to be used during the 2022 season. This is of course, all assuming that you chose to renew for 2022. If you didn't, then I would think you will need to use your bonus credits in the 2021 season somehow. So, contact your rep inquire about that if that is your situation.

I hope that makes sense.

Reactions: canchon and Kjbert
Just got this in an email from Matt Goodman:

"Let me start by thanking you for your feedback, dialogue and patience. After a number of direct, 1-on-1 conversations as well as Town Halls – both virtually and in-person – we heard you and want to ensure that you feel your City Membership is as valuable as ever. We appreciate your passion for this Club...THANK YOU!
Matt Goodman
Variable Pricing
Ticket Prices
Member Benefits
Ticket Trade In Program
Venue
Overall Communication

They be making mistakes, but at least they're listening, and at least they're trying. Baby steps, but you have to start somewhere.

Also wanted to clarify a bit more about the bonus tokens. The bonus tokens will rollover into 2022 but are separate from your ticket bank balance. You CAN use the bonus tokens for 2021 tickets AFTER your ticket bank balance is fully depleted during the 2021 season. At the end of 2021, your ticket bank balance and your bonus credit balance will roll over into 2022. HOWEVER. your bonus credit balance DOES NOT effect the amount you owe for 2022. They are simply bonus credits to be used during the 2022 season. This is of course, all assuming that you chose to renew for 2022. If you didn't, then I would think you will need to use your bonus credits in the 2021 season somehow. So, contact your rep inquire about that if that is your situation.

Thanks, so bonus credits roll over as bonus credits and don’t reduce our balance for 2022. Getting ready to upgrade upgrade next year.

Reactions: Kjbert and moogoo
Probably been discussed before, but has anyone ever used the Ford incentive? Is it restricted to your name?
I ordered a vehicle through an Albany area dealer and wouldn't mind saving a few bucks if I could get that certificate. The dealer isn't allowing other discounts because the vehicle is in demand, but at least they are charging MSRP instead of a markup like my local dealers.