2023 FIFA Women's World Cup

I'm not a fan of Rapinoe but I think the smile/laugh after her miss was more likely a weird reaction due to stress and disappointment and knowing this was could be her last World Cup moment. I don't think it reflected amusement.
Agreed. I think in general we as fans put too much emphasis on how a player expresses emotions during a game, after a game, before a game, while on the bench, etc and how it demonstrates x.

In the international games, this also ends up encompassing if or how x player sings the national anthem.

Ultimately, people are wildly different and handle situations differently. Even moreso, people can handle the same situation differently at different times. Let's try to stop putting certain meanings on how they demonstrate emotion when we have no clue whatsoever what's going on in their head.

I thought Rapinoe was legendary in 2015 and just decent in 2019. Thought she was still an impactful player in 2019 and one of the main reasons the USWNT won it all then, but that she was already on her decline from 2015 when she was incredible.
I think her greatest single moment in a USA kit was the long cross to Wambach in 2011 in the QF vs. Brazil.

I really hate that the Spain’s first World Cup win has been tarnished by this bullshit from one man doubling down on a lie. There should be parades on the streets of Madrid, Barcelona, and Bilbao. And instead there’s this.

I really hate that the Spain’s first World Cup win has been tarnished by this bullshit from one man doubling down on a lie. There should be parades on the streets of Madrid, Barcelona, and Bilbao. And instead there’s this.
Yes. It really stinks that he is sucking up all the attention from what should be a glorious moment for the team and the country.

He could have dealt with this so much better - probably even saved his job - with a simple apology and congratulation to the championship squad. Instead, he is going to burn everything down. Himself included. Good riddance.

Reactions: JCMore