A Letter to Patricof

To add- there was a good bunch towards the front of the away supporters section in New England last weekend who made a point to stop the chant from happening there. I'd go as far as saying it was somewhat effective, but of course it was a smaller group. Great starting point though and hopefully we can bring that attitude back home.

I like the idea of this sign to hold up (as Goodfella Goodfella suggested):
index.php

I might have a bunch of these printed for next Friday. Maybe add, "No Hate in NYC".
I think thats a good idea, just make sure its clear that the word is crossed out. I would even consider doing one of those circles around it with the slash through.

Just looking at this image here, it honestly isn't completely clear that the word is being crossed out (especially if people were to see it from afar).

I think thats a good idea, just make sure its clear that the word is crossed out. I would even consider doing one of those circles around it with the slash through.

Just looking at this image here, it honestly isn't completely clear that the word is being crossed out (especially if people were to see it from afar).

I can't photoshop so that was just an idea I posted to get the gist across. Agreed that the word inside a red circle with diagonal red slash through it is the best for clarity's sake. I just suck at putting that type of stuff together

Also, I think adding an * in the word may also help drive the point home. P*to
I'm actually thinking 2 different signs might work really well in conjunction. One with no p*to and one with no hate. Both done with the red cross out circle. That would hopefully convey that one is commonly seen as synonymous with the other.

one way to get the message out..something like this. I'm sure people can do better, just an idea
.View attachment 5771
Employee rights groups in New York City are up in arms after thousands of New York City Football Club fans demonstrated their opposition to paid time off for hard-working New York City employees.

man i thought this was about something else.....where do you guys sit ( or stand) that you hear this? im in 235 and i may have heard it once or twice in my whole time there. That includes this and last season.

Last edited:
Reactions: brookln231
man i thought this was about something else.....where do you guys sit ( or stand) that you hear this? im in 235 and i may have heard it once or twice in my whole time there. That includes this and last season.

I heard it pretty loud and clear from that side of the stadium (not necessarily your section, but somewhere along the left field line) during the DC game a few weeks ago.

Best I can tell from where I sit (136) is that there are a lot in 237 and 238 and some in 236 and 136. Hard to judge much beyond that from where I am. But I will definitely have a sign in hand next Friday.

There was a shit ton of puto-chanting tonight, and all of those assholes can take that bullshit and get out. Not welcome here, not welcome anywhere.

*edited to remove accusations toward people "around section 234" of this behavior

Last edited:
I go in the GA area all the time and i've never heard the puto chant, to the point that I was wondering what it was. Heard it tonight one time as the guy was taking a goal kick and, to be fair, there was a guy at the front of 237 telling people not to do it.

There was a shit ton of puto-chanting around the section 234 area tonight, and all of those assholes can take that bullshit and get out. Not welcome here, not welcome anywhere.
Are you in 234? I am, row 18. I did not here anyone using puto after the goal kick. Other chants, yes, but not puto or anything homophobic.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Are you in 234? I am, row 18. I did not here anyone using puto after the goal kick. Other chants, yes, but not puto or anything homophobic.
I'm not in 234. During the match I could see a large group in the general area of that section which seemed to be the ones shouting "puto", but I fully admit that I can't identify the specific section or sections.

There was more puto chanting tonight than ever before. I am in 136 and it seemed to be coming from all of the supporters sections in the 2nd half and it seemed to be a concerted effort. Unacceptable.

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC
I'm not in 234. During the match I could see a large group in the general area of that section which seemed to be the ones shouting "puto", but I fully admit that I can't identify the specific section or sections.

Then maybe best to not single out a section for doing something offensive when you admittedly can't identify the specific section engaged in the offensive behavior. We don't do that chant in our section and we're not homophobic. If it was happening in 234, it would be called out.

234 is not in the supporters section. We are the last section in the 2nd bowl with SS to our left.