Miracle Of Joey Ramone

I like the idea of a song, but instead of a song paying tribute to the Ramones... why not just sing the Ramones? "Hey! Ho! Let's Go!" is a pretty good ready-made chant, after all.

I like this too. Let's do both.

Slightly off topic, I am reading the new novel City on Fire, which is set in the New York of the late 1970s, including the punk rock movement. It's a terrific book, definitely brings that era to life. Puts me in the mood for some of the music.

Reactions: JayH
It's a 90-minute game, so there is plenty of time to sample all kinds of ideas. There is an element in the supporter groups that feels it's important to say "no" to things - well, to pretty much everything. We need to engage with and encourage those who are more positive. Only by trying out a bunch of stuff are we going to land on the songs and chants that really work. You think fans in Portland were unanimous that a song based on the Tetris theme was a good idea? Highly doubtful they did, but they tried it anyway, and now it's the best song in the league.

There is an element in the supporter groups that feels it's important to say "no" to things - well, to pretty much everything. We need to engage with and encourage those who are more positive.
In the organization change world where I used to work, this moment would be called a process check. Stop talking about ideas for a minute and figure out a process that will enable an idea to take hold. Seems like:

KNOWN DO - Try new ideas live at events, tailgates, etc.

KNOWN DON'T - Post anything to FB. Probably reddit et al.

I'd take this a step further and ask who are the positive influencers, the people who generally don't start with no and who others listen to? Can we make a list of those people?

Who are the neutral (can't be sure how they'll react) and negative influencers? Make a list of them and for each one identify who they most trust. Who will they most likely give a chance to.

Start your influence campaign with the positive core and then move out slowly.

And agree with Gotham Gator Gotham Gator. Don't assume this idea is killed from one FB thrashing. Go find the positive influencers and start the campaign from scratch. By March no one will remember what was said on FB.

(And as always, thank you roxfontaine for all you do. I sure wouldn't want to put up with all the shit you deal with.)

In the organization change world where I used to work, this moment would be called a process check. Stop talking about ideas for a minute and figure out a process that will enable an idea to take hold. Seems like:
Since you used to work there, but not any longer, does that mean you weren't good at your job and we should take your road map with a grain of salt, or you were so amazing at it that you've now retired to philanthropy and if we don't follow your road map we're a bunch of idiots?

Kidding aside, that's a great set of directions to follow moving forward for this and anything in life.

Reactions: FootyLovin and JayH
He jogs when he wants,
He jogs when he waaants,
Andrea Pirlo,
He jogs when he wants.

He's as old as our coach,
He's as old as our coooach,
Frank Lampard,
He's as old as our coach.

He scores when he's played,
He scores when he's plaaaayed,
Kwadwo Poku,
He scores when he's played.

Last edited:
Since you used to work there, but not any longer, does that mean you weren't good at your job and we should take your road map with a grain of salt, or you were so amazing at it that you've now retired to philanthropy and if we don't follow your road map we're a bunch of idiots?

Kidding aside, that's a great set of directions to follow moving forward for this and anything in life.
LMAO. Voluntarily shut down my consulting company to create a web startup instead. Not retired yet. Draw your own conclusion.

The TR Facebook group is a mess. People want organic and won't take consideration from outside. Even though people may be fans of NYCFC, some aren't Third Rail. Others can't attend matches and others can't go to the bars before or after games. I can post it to the NYCFC Songs & Chants group which is made up of all supporters, Third Rail or otherwise.

NYCFC Front Office in their end of the year survey asked for a song for the club to be used before matches (or something). Email fan services making this recommendation. Anyone else who supports this song should also do so. If it's playing on the speakers, people across the stadium may pick it up themselves.

Last edited:
The TR Facebook group is a mess. People want organic and won't take consideration from outside. Even though people may be fans of NYCFC, some aren't Third Rail. Others can't attend matches and others can't go to the bars before or after games. I can post it to the NYCFC Songs & Chants group which is made up of all supporters, Third Rail or otherwise.

NYCFC Front Office in their end of the year survey asked for a song for the club to be used before matches (or something). Email fan services making this recommendation. Anyone else who supports this song should also do so. If it's playing on the speakers, people across the stadium may pick it up themselves.

Both good ideas, thanks. Not sure what "organic" means if a fresh idea from a season ticket holder that no other team has adopted isn't "organic." Maybe it just means "I get to pick and you don't."

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Gotham Gator Gotham Gator FootyLovin FootyLovin Ulrich Ulrich roxfontaine Seth CatNYC
mgarbowski Paul derek_villa LionNYC LionNYC TabascoDiva

Just tagging folks who have posted their support in this thread. Just an FYI that someone just posted GG's brilliant suggestion on the NYCFC Songs and Chants page on Facebook (thank you to whoever did that), and a poll to gauge support. I think that the page is pretty much defunct, but it can't hurt to have a means to show our support for the great idea, in case anyone happens to use Facebook and is a member of that page. There's a few hundred members of that page, so any way to get some additional traction for this idea isn't a bad thing. I have voted in the poll to show my support.

Great stuff, Jay. Thanks. I am not a member of that group (didn't know about it), but I have asked to join.

Thanks also to whomever suggested it there.

Reactions: JayH
Great stuff, Jay. Thanks. I am not a member of that group (didn't know about it), but I have asked to join.

Thanks also to whomever suggested it there.
Reading back the posts above, and it looks like LionNYC LionNYC deserves the credit for the FB post. Well done man.

Last edited:
Reactions: LionNYC