Adelaide Coach Rumored To Nycfc Coaching Staff Position

BxLio91

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 1, 2014
The Trap
The article I read (Sydney Morning Herald via bleacher report) also mentioned:

"It is also understood that the club has agreed a loan deal for former Melbourne City forward Eli Babalj, who is currently owned by Dutch club AZ Alkmaar."

Edit: http://m.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/ad...arts-to-new-york-city-fc-20150724-gijqe9.html

Edit: I think that the last paragraph is poorly written (which made it ambiguous) and the loan is for Adelaide and not us. The move would defy logic if it were for NYC, given the Tefu transfer issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
Academy?

@AdelaideUnited: Gombau: I'm very honest, the reason was for family. We're far from home and I will take a break from professional coaching #ThanksJosep

@AdelaideUnited: Gombau: I'll be coaching kids which is something I'm very passionate about #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor

Reactions: Kjbert and PB3
Sifting through Twitter and I've seen 4 different things:
  • He is coaching an NYCFC academy
  • He is coaching his own academy in NY
  • He doesn't have a job lined up yet
  • He is returning to Spain

What do you mean?
So kids within one continent (UEFA's domain, for instance ) can move within that continent freely, for the most part. But transferring between continents before 18 is illegal by FIFA rules. Example: Barcelona just got a transfer ban for violating these rules. "International transfer of minors " is prohibited, which sucks because it means our mega academy in Manchester can only take European kids. FIFA is holding us back, right? Not so fast.

My opinion is that CFG is created to not only to promote City as a brand, but also to facilitate the development and free flow of talent. We don't want kids who were developed with crappy methods at poor academies, so NYCFC gives us control. City 2 can take care of all the talent in CONCACAF. The US might have recruiting areas, however that doesn't mean we can't offer Central American and Mexican kids a chance to develop. Which kid from Guadalajara would turn down a move to NY? We pay good money too. We've lured many of United's youngsters to the blue section of Manchester by offering compensation. Kids can't hire agents, but parents can. A parent can move from Denver to NYC for non-football reasons *wink*.

Notice how we're purchasing clubs in highly desirable cities. Melbourne is a city that any kid in China or India, if offered a free education at a private school (City academy does this with all youngsters ) and a green card, wouldn't think twice about. We bought 20% of the Yokohama Marinos also, which is a suburb of Tokyo. Australia and Japan are both in AFC.

All we have left is Africa and South America. We could move talent where they are needed most, Manchester and NY being the big two of CFG. After they turn 18, of course. And we won't have 20 youth prospects trained 20 different ways under 20 different systems. One global system, both in development and football philosophy.

Josep Gombau is ex Barca, like Txiki and Ferran. He'll probably be here to oversee that development. Makes sense. City Academy is heavily influenced by La Masia. It wouldn't surprise me if City 2 is just City Academy North America.

The future really is blue. Our rivals just don't realize it yet.

Last edited:
So kids within one continent (UEFA's domain, for instance ) can move within that continent freely, for the most part. But transferring between continents before 18 is illegal by FIFA rules. Example: Barcelona just got a transfer ban for violating these rules. "International transfer of minors " is prohibited, which sucks because it means our mega academy in Manchester can only take European kids. FIFA is holding us back, right? Not so fast.

My opinion is that CFG is created to not only to promote City as a brand, but also to facilitate the development and free flow of talent. We don't want kids who were developed with crappy methods at poor academies, so NYCFC gives us control. City 2 can take care of all the talent in CONCACAF. The US might have recruiting areas, however that doesn't mean we can't offer Central American and Mexican kids a chance to develop. Which kid from Guadalajara would turn down a move to NY? We pay good money too. We've lured many of United's youngsters to the blue section of Manchester by offering compensation. Kids can't hire agents, but parents can. A parent can move from Denver to NYC for non-football reasons *wink*.

Notice how we're purchasing clubs in highly desirable cities. Melbourne is a city that any kid in China or India, if offered a free education at a private school (City academy does this with all youngsters ) and a green card, wouldn't think twice about. We bought 20% of the Yokohama Marinos also, which is a suburb of Tokyo. Australia and Japan are both in AFC.

All we have left is Africa and South America. We could move talent where they are needed most, Manchester and NY being the big two of CFG. After they turn 18, of course. And we won't have 20 youth prospects trained 20 different ways under 20 different systems. One global system, both in development and football philosophy.

Josep Gombau is ex Barca, like Txiki and Ferran. He'll probably be here to oversee that development. Makes sense. City Academy is heavily influenced by La Masia. It wouldn't surprise me if City 2 is just City Academy North America.

The future really is blue. Our rivals just don't realize it yet.

CFG establishing clubs in South America and Africa will be quite interesting to see, you know all that neo-colonialism and shit. Either they just buy a current club and convert them like in Melbourne or less likely establish a new club like here.

If they go full academy in New York, like a school as well, they'll poach all the best private school teachers in the city. And since it's a school they'll probably join the Ivy League (prep schools) or independent school league. Finally I can see my team shit all over Horace Mann and Trinity and everywhere else.

They probably won't join the league, maybe play one or two friendlies during the season, but a boy can dream.

CFG establishing clubs in South America and Africa will be quite interesting to see, you know all that neo-colonialism and shit. Either they just buy a current club and convert them like in Melbourne or less likely establish a new club like here.
Yep. Unlike colonialism what we do in Africa will be good. Most African academies don't have the resources to train youth very well.

If they go full academy in New York, like a school as well, they'll poach all the best private school teachers in the city. And since it's a school they'll probably join the Ivy League (prep schools) or independent school league. Finally I can see my team shit all over Horace Mann and Trinity and everywhere else.

They probably won't join the league, maybe play one or two friendlies during the season, but a boy can dream.
In Manchester they contracted with a private Catholic school. St Bede's.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...g-st-bedes-college-in-manchester-9348440.html