Another Williamsburg Bar Option Only If The Below Option Gets To Packed!

Micprobes

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Dec 7, 2014
Hey guys, I know a lot of you have already decided on what bars you'll be watching the games at (or at least the first one) but I just wanted to let you know we're be throwing a huge party at my bar The Whiskey Annex in Williamsburg. We've got big HD screens all around the room including an 80inch beast front and center with full sound and a giant fucking bell we'll be ringing the shit out of with every goal. We will also be doing free shots with every NYCFC goal as well. Me and my partner who help me put this together are both fans since day one and season ticket holders and we're just looking for some fellow supporters to party with. Anyways hope you can join us and if you already have plans just promise me you will drive the neighbors freaking crazy with beautiful screams of NYCFC passion where ever you are!

Cheers
Mike
http://whiskeyannex.com

Below are photos of the bar.
The empty bar photos were taken when we first open about 2 years ago. Some things are different. The big TV on the back wall opposite of the front door is bigger now, takes up almost that whole wall and there's now tall narrow island tables running down the middle of the floor with stools so its actually not that wide open and there's plenty of seating room. If it gets real crowded we sometimes remove the stools.
The room is designed so that no matter where you are there's never an obstructed view from a TV.

webversion-smaller2.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Hey guys, I know a lot of you have already decided on what bars you'll be watching the games at (or at least the first one) but I just wanted to let you know we're be throwing a huge party at my bar The Whiskey Annex in Williamsburg. We've got big HD screens all around the room including an 80inch beast front and center with full sound and a giant fucking bell we'll be ringing the shit out of with every goal. We will also be doing free shots with every NYCFC goal as well. Me and my partner who help me put this together are both fans since day one and season ticket holders and we're just looking for some fellow supporters to party with. Anyways hope you can join us and if you already have plans just promise me you will drive the neighbors freaking crazy with beautiful screams of NYCFC passion where ever you are!

Cheers
Mike
http://whiskeyannex.com

Below are photos of the bar.
The empty bar photos were taken when we first open about 2 years ago. Some things are different. The big TV on the back wall opposite of the front door is bigger now, takes up almost that whole wall and there's now tall narrow island tables running down the middle of the floor with stools so its actually not that wide open and there's plenty of seating room. If it gets real crowded we sometimes remove the stools.
The room is designed so that no matter where you are there's never an obstructed view from a TV.

View attachment 1846
View attachment 1847
View attachment 1848
View attachment 1849
Awesome thanks Mike. The place looks great.

Looks like a great spot. Too bad I have made other plans... are you planning to show all NYCFC games or is this just for the opener?

Hey man, thats cool. We were kind of late getting everything online. We'll be showing them all. Some games we'll blow up bigger than others and I believe there's like 2 really late Friday and Saturday night games that conflict with our nightlife program that the sound wont be on but we'll still have it on the TVs. This is why we're pushing it more as a second option in Williamsburg and not like THE official bar but we're gonna have A LOT of fun. Working on getting a lot of free swag to give away as well.

Hey man, thats cool. We were kind of late getting everything online. We'll be showing them all. Some games we'll blow up bigger than others and I believe there's like 2 really late Friday and Saturday night games that conflict with our nightlife program that the sound wont be on but we'll still have it on the TVs. This is why we're pushing it more as a second option in Williamsburg and not like THE official bar but we're gonna have A LOT of fun. Working on getting a lot of free swag to give away as well.
Keep us updated... this is only 30 minutes on the subway from where I live in Queens :)

Mike, count me there brother. My name is Sted, great to meet you.

Greenpoint resident and I'll add my vote to make the Annex the official 'billyburg spot.

Can't let Banter Bar get all the attention, just ain't right!

P.S. - not hating on Banter Bar, but that's the official EPL bar in the neighborhood. I love going there for Arsenal games, but just like eating ice cream everyday, gets boring going to the same place, plus besides the big screen in the rear of Banter, when it gets too packed, the back screens are a bit small. Should have ones on the left hand side looking out from the bar as well, I like the set up a bit more at the Annex for when it gets packed.

Reactions: Micprobes
Hey Mike, another Mike here. Your place looks awesome and I cannot wait to check out some NYCFC matches there. I am going to try to split my time between your place and Nevada Smiths to hang with other Third Rail members.

Hey Sted, I live in Greenpoint as well. If you are looking for another EPL bar in the area in addition to The Whiskey Annex and Banter Bar I suggest checking out Kent Ale House. They have plenty of TVs and its normally not very crowded when EPL is on. The staff is very nice and chilled out. If its not very packed the bartender will hang out and talk EPL or MLS with you. The bar has no affiliation with any team so every match is shown and anyone is welcome.

This all sounds great guys! Cant wait to meet you on Sunday. Lets all have a round of shots together goal or no goal!

Reactions: Dylando
Hey Mike, another Mike here. Your place looks awesome and I cannot wait to check out some NYCFC matches there. I am going to try to split my time between your place and Nevada Smiths to hang with other Third Rail members.

Hey Sted, I live in Greenpoint as well. If you are looking for another EPL bar in the area in addition to The Whiskey Annex and Banter Bar I suggest checking out Kent Ale House. They have plenty of TVs and its normally not very crowded when EPL is on. The staff is very nice and chilled out. If its not very packed the bartender will hang out and talk EPL or MLS with you. The bar has no affiliation with any team so every match is shown and anyone is welcome.

Hey Mike, thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to check that place out. With so many bars in the neighborhood, it's nice to have a selection to choose from. That place sounds like just my speed too.

I've also failed to mention we have a GREAT selection of whiskeys, rock picklebacks like no ones business and have really good food. Not trying to sell to you guys, its just the truth.

Reactions: Michael Brown
Great to hear, Dylando! We also just added on a great beer special to go along with the shot/goal special. Dortmunder pilsner tall can for $5. Harpoon winter warmer for $4. Both can also be used with our beer and shot deal.

Cant wait to meet you!

Thanks for the great hospitality Mike, what an opening game!

I'll be at the Annex for away games from now on, see you at the stadium next week, should be amazing.

Thanks for the great hospitality Mike, what an opening game!

I'll be at the Annex for away games from now on, see you at the stadium next week, should be amazing.

Thanks a lot man and thanks to everyone who came out to The Whiskey Annex for the game on Sunday! We had such a awesome turnout and the vibe in the room was so great and positive! I havent stopped thinking about that Mix goal and how the place just erupted. We need to fill the room even more for the next away game! Anyways, I'll see you guys at Yankee stadium on Sunday. Me and Isaac will be in section 225. Hit me up 321 432-6109.

By the way, we'll be hosting home games as well for those who dont have season tickets.

Hey guys! We're doing it again this week!
Whoever doesn't have tickets to the big game, we'll be throwing another viewing party at the Whiskey Annex this Sunday. If you DO have tickets, we will be pre-gaming at Whiskey Annex then marching to the stadium together. We will also be throwing a post game party as well. Last week was amazing! I hope I can meet more of you this week! Cheers!

3-15-15-NOLOGOS.jpg