Away - 03/08 Orlando City SC

That last yellow should have been a penalty.

However, Im totally fine with how keen MLS refs are when it comes to any hint of simulation. Other leagues, ESPECIALLY in Europe, need to take note. MLS actually gives yellows and fines players after reviewing possible dives. I wish FIFA would give a stronger directive to stamp out simulation.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Facey, Shelton, Poku/Seb in for Nemec, Ballouchy, Brovsky as starters from now on for me.

Saunders
Williams Hernandez Facey Wingert
Jacobson Mix
Shelton Poku/Seb Grabavoy
Villa

Reactions: Kjbert
Disappointing to lose the three points at the death.

Saying that many would of taken a point at OCSC.

From a neutral perspective a great day for both expansion clubs.

Saunders, Mix, and Shelton were the top performers no doubt. Nemec struggled and could have gotten on the score sheet twice. Next match vs the Revs i'd like to see Shelton start for Nemec, Calle or Velasquez for Ballouchy, and Shay Facey get in at center back then slide Wingert back to LB.

Instead of another DP, Orlando ought to hire this guy to help things along.

louganis.jpg

Having had a few minutes to relax I can´t say that I´m that upset anymore... To be honest it feels positive to have done the first game and yeah, got a point.

My first watched MLS game.
Firstly wow I never realise how big the crowds are over there. Great atmosphere I thought.
I have to ask was that an astro turf pitch? The amount of times players ended up on their asses.
It was a pretty slow itty bitty game. Lots of stops and starts. And lots of players running into each other.
Diskerud took his goal well.
I was pleased to see the sky blue kit, it looked awesome compared to the bland purple of Orlando.
Overall I enjoyed the game and with some more game time under our belts I'm sure a bit of fluidity will surface.
I'm looking forward to the next game.

As an added note yes our Euro refs take note on giving out yellows for simulation.

Reactions: Paul and FCRU
Firstly wow I never realise how big the crowds are over there. Great atmosphere I thought.
I have to ask was that an astro turf pitch? The amount of times players ended up on their asses.
It was a pretty slow itty bitty game. Lots of stops and starts. And lots of players running into each other.
I was pleased to see the sky blue kit, it looked awesome compared to the bland purple of Orlando.
Overall I enjoyed the game and with some more game time under our belts I'm sure a bit of fluidity will surface.

As an added note yes our Euro refs take note on giving out yellows for simulation.

Think you'll find that that crowd was artificially high. Numbers in the 20,000s are more common for games. Also yeah, that was astro-turf.

For our first game, I thought it was a good performance. I knew we weren't going to be perfect and I was quite happy to see us try to nick points on the break. There are definitely things we need to work on - properly utilising the flanks, actually bringing Villa into the game, not diving into tackles around the box, etc - but for a first ever run out that was positive. Hopefully it gives the players the right combination of positivity along with desire to improve and we really come out strongly in our first home game.

Yes, turf pitch due to them using this stadium this year while theirs is built. Kinda made things sloppy

First things first, I'm a realist.....

Ok, my honest thoughts:

Negatives:

- Grabavoy needs to learn to link up with the strikers. Same with the rest of the midfield.
-Nemec should not be allowed to play ever again.
-Brovsky is one faul away of going into my black list.
-Villa's first touch was dreadful in what could have been a goal.
-The defense needs to step up the game.
-Where the hell is Poku?

Positives:
-Mix goal and Villa assist.
-Saunders, the Terminator.
-A point away from home in a very difficult packed stadium.
-Possesion game. That's good. Really good.

Reactions: Gavin23
Noticed that NYCFCWatch pointed out that we just used one DP while Orlando used three.. So we certainly got room for improvement.
That said I think this first season will be a bit stop/start as we find our way sort of.

I'm giving Grabavoy a pass on this one. Playing wide isn't his forte, it should have been Shelton or Calle from the start.

Nemec sucked, and Brovsky is a liability. I'd start tinkering with the lineup there and see how that goes. Choose between Grabavoy and Jacobson for the CM spot next to Mix, can't play both in a non-diamond.