Away - 04/24 Chicago

QUESTIONABLE: F David Villa (hamstring strain, DNP 4/19, did not train 4/22) - REPORT

49ded2238ba4eaaca94bf22f509c13db3e7699d8a1934664cd942a491650b05f.jpg

View attachment 2491
View attachment 2492

I'm guessing the starting lineup will look like one of these.

I think your first one has the right players, but I think they'll be arranged in a 4-4-2 and play like a 4-2-2-2:

Code:
--------------Mullins-------Nemec---------------
------------------------------------------------
--------Grabavoy-----------------Shelton--------
----------------Mix-------Jacobson--------------
---Calle-------------------------------Brovsky--
--------------Wingert-----W.Siriboe-------------

Some injuries are flukes. Statistical randomness means one team will have more and another fewer injuries. But has anyone heard any word out of Kreis et al about the conditioning routines for the players?

At some point when this many players are getting banged up this early in the season and the whole team looks gassed every game around the 70th minute, you have to start examining if there is something systemic that needs to be done differently.

Some injuries are flukes. Statistical randomness means one team will have more and another fewer injuries. But has anyone heard any word out of Kreis et al about the conditioning routines for the players?

At some point when this many players are getting banged up this early in the season and the whole team looks gassed every game around the 70th minute, you have to start examining if there is something systemic that needs to be done differently.
One thing to consider is that we have mostly played in very cold weather thus far. The Taylor injury had nothing to do with consideration, just a horrible fluke. Villa on the other hand is more concerning. It's one of those injuries that once you have it, it's difficult to get over it without a nice long break. Mix has not been with the team a whole lot so you can't really put his injury on us especially since he had just come back from international duty.
If we continue to have problems throughout the season, then it's time to analyze Kreis and his system, but at this point we have just been unlucky.

Reactions: TommyM
That's what I feared, ballouchy goal has earned him starter status

Yeah, would prefer Mullins out there, or give McNamara a chance.

This lineup looks like it'll play as a fluid and narrow 4-2-3-1, as Shelton plays a bit reserved and may settle into a CAM role. Hope to see Calle push forward again and provide width and distribution.

Last edited:
You know, there's an analog between our club and Bruce Jenner's penis.

I don't even know if I can make that joke in this day and age. Anyway, if it offends you, fuck off. Our shit team offends me.

Reactions: Drainyoo
The only thing worse than our performance was the television coverage and those announcers.
Hear hear. Paul Cagliari's shot heard round the world must've ended in the back of his own head.

He literally called Patrick Mullins A "typical central midfielder". Not kidding. He did this.