Away - 4/22 Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an aside, NYCFC’s schedule seems to be pretty brutal. After Atlanta, and now away at Portland (turf and atmosphere), get home vs an undefeated Dallas, then away against RBNJ and a surprising LAFC that just won four of six on the road.

Jeez. What this means is that there’s got to be some soft underbelly coming up - if NYCFC is still cruising in four-five weeks then they are really set up well.
The club has 6 of 7 at home in June-July, which is great, but it's also the hardest home stretch: Orlando, Atlanta, Toronto, Red Bulls, Impact, Crew, with the Away at Chicago sandwiched in there.

It's really the very end of the season where things seemingly get easier. The last 7 are against teams we don't currently expect to cause problems, though in MLS sometimes that changes on a dime. Revs, DC, Impact, Fire, Minnesota, DC, Union.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Anyone else absolutely love these 6PM game times btw? Its such a perfect time. I can have some apps some beers/cocktails and still get my shit ready for the day after Sunday.
We're really lucky this year/summer as we have a ton of home primetime kickoffs to keep us out of the hottest part of the day. I think the only one after June is on 6 June at 230, which is still not horrific.

Reactions: SayWhat44
Medina on the bench and Berget starting.....
giphy.gif

All the talent on this team, and we have literally 1 attacking sub on the bench. And he should be starting.

All the talent on this team, and we have literally 1 attacking sub on the bench. And he should be starting.
I have a feeling PV is pulling a Klinnsman with this match and his extra attacking talent is already in the field - ie Sweat come on and Mata pushes forward. Or Herrera comes con and Maxi pushes forward. Don’t agree with it at all and a very strange bench.

You go on and stress. Ulrich Ulrich full of shit in this instance. No good excuse not to start him.

This is NYCFC’s agricultural squad, it would appear. Only missing Sweat.
What if that good excuse is that he failed his fitness test today? Or PV wants a true impact sub? I don’t know and neither do you. You outweigh me by at least double so you’re typically full of twice the shit as me on a daily basis.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I’m happy Ofori is in for Yangel. I would have liked to see the Costa Rica connection on one side and the Malmo on the other. Strange PV put Wallace & Berget where he did.

FE7FD6DD-E7CC-4E24-BDA2-5400D68F02BD.png D9197AC2-D525-411E-9580-26B89DB3606F.png

I’m happy Ofori is in for Yangel. I would have liked to see the Costa Rica connection on one side and the Malmo on the other. Strange PV put Wallace & Berget where he did.

View attachment 8583 View attachment 8584
Inverted wingers are fairly common in our system, no?

I'm also looking forward to seeing our midfield without Herrera. The hypothesis is that we need his physicality and the result of this experiment has broader implications for our roster construction, the prospect of playing two 10s etc.

Reactions: adam
Frankly, if we're going to start Berget and Villa, why not push Villa out to LF like in his glory days and bring Berget central as your target man?
They will likely do a lot of switching. Let Berget run the line on D, save David's knees.

Reactions: Ulrich
Status
Not open for further replies.