Away - July 10 - Orlando (U.S. Open Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you rooted for another MLS team you would spend a lot of time complaining about our pitch size.

Pigs?

Would scaredy cats be more appropriate?

If I rooted for another team outside of NYCFC that means I live outside of the NYC area and wouldn't have a requisite knowledge of NYC real estate, but I do understand the business aspect of having CFG in MLS.

I complain that Atlanta plays on turf, but understand that Arthur Blank is spending money on soccer.

I'm all about fair and balanced. ;)

Reactions: mgarbowski
Yes, but you usually don't air that dirty laundry so publicly.

In the end, it's fair - we play, they play.

Even more fair. We both play Sunday now. They have to travel from Philly tonight. We have to travel from NYC.

It almost doesn't matter if Orlando played today because we saw their lineup last night. They have 2 red card suspensions and they were going to rest 2 more starters last night. At this point I expect they come close to writing off
today's game and might rest even more. So be it.

We're getting fever swampy. MLS and USOC (plus CCL) are filled with one scheduling quirk after another and the most annoying fans are the ones who complain like every short rest loss is some sort of unique injustice. After we beat Philly the Union fans who weren't whining about our field were whining that we they were on short rest and we had not played a league game in a month.

Let's be better.

It almost doesn't matter if Orlando played today because we saw their lineup last night. They have 2 red card suspensions and they were going to rest 2 more starters last night. At this point I expect they come close to writing off
today's game and might rest even more. So be it.

We're getting fever swampy. MLS and USOC (plus CCL) are filled with one scheduling quirk after another and the most annoying fans are the ones who complain like every short rest loss is some sort of unique injustice. After we beat Philly the Union fans who weren't whining about our field were whining that we they were on short rest and we had not played a league game in a month.

Let's be better.
The only folk who are entitled to bitch and complain about the scheduling are the fans that have three home matches in a week to either find the time to attend or to eat the ticket cost.

We had 4 guys on the bench tonight that were field players. Rotation could mean some of them play. Could also mean some of the injured guys come back. There also the Haggis who’s available.

Have to think GMS makes his NYCFC debut. Hopefully he can start, we'll need him. Maybe a front line of GMS-Castellanos-Medina?

Heard tonight that EVERYONE is available for selection on Wednesday. Heber passed a fitness test tonight.

Guess I was wrong. Crooks last night said Sands out for 10 more days and Mitrita our for two weeks.

So we go...

Johnson
Ibeagha Callens Sweat
Torres Ring Ofori Matarrita
Isi Heber Medina

That look about right?

When Dome said he would rotate the squad for the Open Cup game, my reaction was "with whom"???

The only field players available who didn't play were Bedoya, Torres and Haak. I suppose we may get a few people back too, but there simply aren't enough players to really rotate.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
When Dome said he would rotate the squad for the Open Cup game, my reaction was "with whom"???

The only field players available who didn't play were Bedoya, Torres and Haak. I suppose we may get a few people back too, but there simply aren't enough players to really rotate.

Isi and Heber to start. Plus Callens and Johnson. Torres at RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.