Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
We go for 4 straight! Tremendous run of form.

Kickoff 07/06 at 7:30

Broadcast says FoxSports Go so I'm assuming Yankee complications?

We're the only active team with even 2 wins in a row. Even with games in hand the only team that can catch us is Montreal image.png

What's our Fox Sports Go record? Or, what's our record when our game isn't televised live on television?

Or remaining season broadcast schedule is: Fox Sports GO, FS1, ESPN, FOX, YES, Unimas, YES, ESPN, FS1, YES, YES, YES, Unimas, Unimas, YES, YES.

Those last two games are both on Sunday so they can be picked up by ESPN/FS1 depending on the importance of the game. Anyway, we're on national tv a lot.

Great breakdown of the matchup.
http://us.soccerway.com/teams/comparison/?team_ids[]=27696&team_ids[]=2279
New England concedes early and we have a tendency to score early. Perfect.

View attachment 5218
It took New England a little while to intergrate Kei Kamara but he scored a brace against the Impact and came on last week as a sub was very effective against the Cosmos in the cup. Hes the kind of forward that concerns me with our set piece defending. Need a good game from Mena.

Does anyone know why Mata didnt play? i saw somewhere on twitter that it was an injury but i havent seen any follow up news.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Mata was nicked up a bit. He did get in the last half hour or so.
Did the team put anything out about the nick? I had assumed PV wanted to have a high-caliber sub waiting to come in when RB was getting tired.

So this is the rare game for us when there can be real questions about the lineup.

Two days' rest before New England . Then, three days' rest before Sporting KC.

Do we play the starters all 3 games? If not, which game gets the regulars? And whom do we rest in the other?

Decisions. Decisions.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Did the team put anything out about the nick? I had assumed PV wanted to have a high-caliber sub waiting to come in when RB was getting tired.
Didn't see anything specific at all. They just made mention of it on the broadcast.

So this is the rare game for us when there can be real questions about the lineup.

Two days' rest before New England . Then, three days' rest before Sporting KC.

Do we play the starters all 3 games? If not, which game gets the regulars? And whom do we rest in the other?

Decisions. Decisions.
I still stand by my humble opinion that you worry about the game you're playing and then worry about the next game when it comes up. I would also like to think that taking 3 points from New England is more important than the 3 vs SKC.

This is the 3rd game in a stretch where the Revs are playing 4 in 11 days. They have to be gutted after blowing a 2-0 lead against Montreal. If we can score early and make them chase the game in the heat we will get our 1 or 3 points -- I don't think Tierney is 100% either. When he starts linking with Kamara the Revs are going to be dangerous.

For those who care, this is also our last stretch this season of 3 games in a week (8 days). So for those who talk a lot about strength of competition the rest of the way getting harder, challenge of schedule/rest gets easier the rest of the way.
Going by MLS Fantasy Rounds, which don't exactly match actual weeks but are close enough, we have 3 bye weeks remaining, as do Dallas and RSL, and SKC. Everybody else has 2 or fewer. The flipside, as I mention elsewhere, is everyone in the East has games in hand on us (as of tomorrow). But we have points in hand so that's not a huge problem.

Last edited:
I still stand by my humble opinion that you worry about the game you're playing and then worry about the next game when it comes up. I would also like to think that taking 3 points from New England is more important than the 3 vs SKC.

I tend to agree with this, but if we are going to rest some of our starters one game, that strategy will be most effective if we rest them in the middle game.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Going by MLS Fantasy Rounds, which don't exactly match actual weeks but are close enough, we have 3 bye weeks remaining, as do Dallas and RSL, and SKC. Everybody else has 2 or fewer. The flipside, as I mention elsewhere, is everone in the East has games in hand on us (as of tomorrow). But we have points in hand so that's not a huge problem.
Always take the points in hand. With the exception of Montreal last year riding the hot foot of Drogba, games in hand are a mixed-bag for a team with the added stress involved.

Reactions: Ccmcadam
I tend to agree with this, but if we are going to rest some of our starters one game, that strategy will be most effective if we rest them in the middle game.
I think we only need to rest the middle game. I think it's the easier of the two to win and being a conference opponent one we should target.
And you really only need to rest Pirlo/Lampard. I think the rest of the guys can handle it without question.

Reactions: Ccmcadam
Always take the points in hand. With the exception of Montreal last year riding the hot foot of Drogba, games in hand are a mixed-bag for a team with the added stress involved.
Agreed. But I'm still sensitive to the delusions of last summer when Montreal had both 5 games in hand and parity or even a slight lead in points relative to us. People use to note the points total and ignore the games played. Even without the Drogba surge, they would have had to lose all the extra games for us to have a chance and people just kept ignoring that which drove me kind of batty. This year the issue is we have a lead (over everyone) which is not quite as big as it seems. Much, much better situation to be in, but still good to be mindful of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.