Being A Paid Supporter.

I'm sitting in the section right in front of the TR so I still get the atmosphere and chants from them but I can sit on a nice cushioned seat and watch the game

One of the reasons I'm not sitting in the TR sections is I do like to watch the game. When you're in Supporters section, the expectation is your singing for 90 minutes. I'm honestly too old for that shit now LOL
ZERO singing for the full 90 though. English style support. No drums or any other corny band instruments either.

ZERO singing for the full 90 though. English style support. No drums or any other corny band instruments either.
Dammit.
BhGyJA-IYAAMe-d.jpg

Well then what's the point of being a member of TR if we can't rock the fuck out?
18o0rrs3tosb8gif.gif

Wonder if that can be refitted to blue and orange next year. I mean it's not as if anyone is going to be using that in 2015.
"The main problem with the drums at our ground and at away matches now is that the drummers only encourage one song, as you saw in that video. People do tend to join in with that song, and they are entitled to, but because it goes on for so long without the drummers stopping, no other song can start up. I wouldn't mind the drums if they assisted the atmosphere at games rather than try to dictate it.

Without the drums, the main thing is there is a lot more variation in our songs. We may not be the loudest by any means, and we've certainly got no chance of competing with clubs from Europe in terms of noise, but I can assure you the atmosphere is better without them. "
Found on a Ultras Tifo Forum

Wow, look what I did! I make one comment in the shout box and then log off for the rest of the day and it blows up on me.

I guess the discounts are cool, and so is the scarf, but I'm getting a founding member scarf from NYCFC, that's enough for me. I just don't like the idea that they have their own subsection of the supports section and you have to pay $30 to sit with them. Seems like a perfect way to create tension between supporter groups, which is dumb because we all support NYCFC. You don't need everyone to pay $30 so there are big flags and whatnot, all you need a Facebook page and to tell people that you want to have as many big flags as possible, and people with money will comes out of the woodwork and pay for them.

In any case, I'm going to be attending games with my 5 year old, so I won't be sitting anywhere near the supporters section. My apologies for stirring up controversy, when I don't even have a stake in it. lol.

Really glad to learn that there will be no drums. Those things annoy me.

I joined The Third Rail but decided against season tickets, mainly because I want to see the style of support and singing. I have a feeling its going to be a typical NYC sports atmosphere where everybody is sullen and quiet unless things are going well, in which case I feel no need to sit with the "supporters."

Mostly, I am in it for the merch.

Reactions: einwindir
Despite never having any intention to be in the supporters section during home games (although I will try to go to the TR bar during away games when possible), I'm a paid member of the TR and will continue to be indefinitely just because I want to support the supporters. My view of this is similar to what has been discussed in the NYCFC Social section of the forum: At my age I'm not the kind of guy that wants to stand for 90 minutes and sing/chant (especially for weekday games after work) but I still want NYCFC to have a strong, well-organized supporters group and having that necessitates a financial aspect. So, paying my yearly dues to the TR is my main involvement right now.

As for the remark posted above that TR officers might be getting paid a portion of the dues, I have serious doubts that is the case. Having a supporters group with what is currently the sole responsibility of creating a "supporters" culture/in-game atmosphere is not an easy task and there are expenses that come along with it. One such expense that some may over look in relation to the 2014 partial year dues is the formation of the Third Rail corporate entity (which is absolutely necessary for liability purposes, collecting funds, paying bills, etc.) and that requires things like legal fees, formation/filing/publication fees with the State of New York as well as tax issues. It's not just tifo costs, although I'm sure that is a large chunk of the budget.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents and it's not intended to ruffle any feathers.

Despite never having any intention to be in the supporters section during home games (although I will try to go to the TR bar during away games when possible), I'm a paid member of the TR and will continue to be indefinitely just because I want to support the supporters. My view of this is similar to what has been discussed in the NYCFC Social section of the forum: At my age I'm not the kind of guy that wants to stand for 90 minutes and sing/chant (especially for weekday games after work) but I still want NYCFC to have a strong, well-organized supporters group and having that necessitates a financial aspect. So, paying my yearly dues to the TR is my main involvement right now.

As for the remark posted above that TR officers might be getting paid a portion of the dues, I have serious doubts that is the case. Having a supporters group with what is currently the sole responsibility of creating a "supporters" culture/in-game atmosphere is not an easy task and there are expenses that come along with it. One such expense that some may over look in relation to the 2014 partial year dues is the formation of the Third Rail corporate entity (which is absolutely necessary for liability purposes, collecting funds, paying bills, etc.) and that requires things like legal fees, formation/filing/publication fees with the State of New York as well as tax issues. It's not just tifo costs, although I'm sure that is a large chunk of the budget.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents and it's not intended to ruffle any feathers.

I was just about to pretty much write this exactly. No intention of sitting in the supporters section for me but I became a member because I want to support the culture. I'm sure they will put the money to good use. And if not, it's only $30 and I won't rejoin.

I'm not a board member anymore... mostly because I couldn't devote the required hours EVERY day to the board. There's other reasons too that I'm not super happy about, but that's another story.

Anyway, nobody is making any money on this whatsoever. How much do you buy a scarf for? 25 bucks? Boom. You're now spending $5 on a discount card, Tifo, administrative costs, renting a meeting space that isn't a bar, etc.. Plus some pretty cool exclusive stuff which hasn't even been maxed out yet.

There are valid reasons to pay or not to pay. "Principle" seems like a crappy reason in my opinion.

At our meeting it was announced that we will have an official meeting early 2015 to go over financial'sand board review/votes etc.

Regarding membership renewals, we've heard a lot of feedback and we will take it seriously and consider different 2015 renewal options.

Each day the Third Rail grows larger and this organization has no precedent. It would be impossible for us to forecast our budget for our 2014 year without even knowing what membership numbers to expect. Therefore, there will be some delay in allocating our resources. That being said, money isn't going in anybody pocket and that is a pretty serious thing to joke about.

Feedback, negative or positive, is important as long as it is constructive. This is a non for profit organization "staffed" solely by volunteers with full time jobs. That isn't an excuse for incompetence, but it is a reminder that if there is feedback and you care about the organization, contribute constructively because we could use your help.

so I just got my season tix I'm a supporter of a new team to NY.... how do I get associated with this BBSC? seems like something all ny fans not just soccer can appreciate