Re: TR

roxfontaine

Level Up
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 7, 2015
I'm Around
I'm compelled to respond to this but didn't want to derail the thread it was posted in.

"TR is too easy to join. Their groups are selective, more pure, real fans, passionate, requiring commitment, etc., while TR just takes cash and wants cash."

Why does it need to be difficult to join a supporters group? What should the difficulty be? We create the space for people to get involved. We are not here to berate and belittle people who don't fit into our tiny little box. We do what we do for the support of our team and the growth of the game in NYC. I won't be President forever but I also work to ensure that our voices matter.

I highly resent the idea that TR isn't selective, pure, passionate, requiring commitment, etc. TR, the group, self selects. Otherwise, everyone would be TR. The notion that we aren't pure, real, passionate or committed is just nonsense. I believe that effort starts from the "top" down and I know what I put in. I also see what we have accomplished as a group.

Finally, to suggest that we just want cash is infuriating. Last year: $2,000 tailgate, $3,000 to Street Soccer USA, $1500 to South Bronx United, $500 in school supplies to PS49, $300 on player awards among many other expenses. INDEPENDENT. We worked our asses off and we BUILT that. It looks like bought to people who didn't do shit to contribute. This is time, effort and discipline.

I'm compelled to respond to this but didn't want to derail the thread it was posted in.

"TR is too easy to join. Their groups are selective, more pure, real fans, passionate, requiring commitment, etc., while TR just takes cash and wants cash."

Why does it need to be difficult to join a supporters group? What should the difficulty be? We create the space for people to get involved. We are not here to berate and belittle people who don't fit into our tiny little box. We do what we do for the support of our team and the growth of the game in NYC. I won't be President forever but I also work to ensure that our voices matter.

I highly resent the idea that TR isn't selective, pure, passionate, requiring commitment, etc. TR, the group, self selects. Otherwise, everyone would be TR. The notion that we aren't pure, real, passionate or committed is just nonsense. I believe that effort starts from the "top" down and I know what I put in. I also see what we have accomplished as a group.

Finally, to suggest that we just want cash is infuriating. Last year: $2,000 tailgate, $3,000 to Street Soccer USA, $1500 to South Bronx United, $500 in school supplies to PS49, $300 on player awards among many other expenses. INDEPENDENT. We worked our asses off and we BUILT that. It looks like bought to people who didn't do shit to contribute. This is time, effort and discipline.
Not sure if you're aware, but that quote was presented as a critique from haters from other supporters groups bitching that you guys got an awesome collaboration with M+N . Appreciate that you want to defend the group against all perceived slights, but that one was not from here. You have done, and continue to do a job we are in awe of.

Yeah, I know that you weren't saying that. I should have clarified that.

Thanks for the kind words but it's about the group. Members of TR should be proud of who we are and what we do. Some of what we do can't be seen on the surface but time will show it.

You have done, and continue to do a job we are in awe of.
Everything he said^^^

Taking it to a new level, maybe have a plane tow the Tifo in the air for 10min at the start (RB match or playoffs?). That would blow away any other supporters' groups in the league!!!

I kid, sort of, but it would be awesome!!!

Last edited:
I don't understand the hate at all. People who think growing a brand is bad are ridiculous.

It's like saying that NYCFC shouldn't spend DP money on David Villa. We should rather consist of only homegrown players.

I saw some comments related to Hearts of Oak that are no longer there, so i assume that blew up.
Ohhhhhhh. Yeah, I did see those.

I personally support all supporter groups who don't cause problems or who seek to eradicate problem-causers. I have done no investigation into which is which, so I am blissfully ignorant and all-inclusive in my support of supporter groups. I'm just not a member of TR because I quit before R roxfontaine took over, and I kind of hadn't thought about re-joining.

Ohhhhhhh. Yeah, I did see those.

I personally support all supporter groups who don't cause problems or who seek to eradicate problem-causers. I have done no investigation into which is which, so I am blissfully ignorant and all-inclusive in my support of supporter groups. I'm just not a member of TR because I quit before R roxfontaine took over, and I kind of hadn't thought about re-joining.

My wife and I got to the party a little late this season but we'll def be TR members next season. Hats off to Rox. TR is a very professionally run organization from everything we've seen.

My wife and I got to the party a little late this season but we'll def be TR members next season. Hats off to Rox. TR is a very professionally run organization from everything we've seen.

R roxfontaine is really the man, he does everything he can to make sure you have a great experience and is always going the extra mile.