There's something I don't understand about joining the 3rd Rail

FredMertz

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jun 2, 2014
If I join the Third Rail for $30, won't I save approximately that much money buying just one authentic jersey from U90? So if you were planning on buying an authentic, or maybe a replica + a USMNT replica, isn't joining the Third Rail essentially free? Or actually, if you buy multiple jerseys, don't you technically MAKE money joining?

If this is true, it seems like it would be crazy not to join.

Am I looking at this right?

I joined back in 2015. I never sit in the supporter section at home games and I rarely attend an event in the city unless it really sparks my interest (like the meet Vieira event back when he was announced), but I have sat with the away supporters at a Philadelphia game and an Red Bull game.

Think for $25 or 30 you get a free scarf every year (which is around $20-25 dollars at market value) plus a Vieira bobblehead (while supplies last, I think the first 1,000 members). With a 20% discount on NYCFC and US team gear, from U90 you wouldn't be making money (unless you resell the product for face value), but yes, the discounts you get would eventually rack up to the cost of the membership being free compared to buying those products at face value.

It's a great deal and you can be as active as you want to be in the Third Rail, from non-existent to 100%.

I would defer all other questions to R roxfontaine

it seems like it would be crazy not to join

Basically.

Different strokes for different folks though. What we do is welcome people and create the space for people to be involved. What the individual does with that is up to them.

Thank you, FredMertz FredMertz. I appreciate you providing your perspective on why $30 is worth it for you.