Board Member Photo

zl10

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 31, 2014
Albeit I was hesitant to put anything in writing until the announcement on the 17th, this is a small PART of the board of directors for this upcoming term. There are still a multitude of roles open, including over half of the board positions and additional roles that are less of a time commitment. Things will be put into perspective on the 17th. The people in the photo have taken it upon themselves to organize events, speak to the club at length, file the necessary paperwork, reach out to new communities, be leaders at the few functions that we have had, and devote their time to the SC's function. Just to iterate, board responsibilities and positions are never permanent and have term limits. The general point of the meeting last night was to set an itinerary on the 17th so there will be nothing helter skelter about it. It was also to speak to Michael, the awesome, exceptionally funny, owner of Mad Hatter. Chance Michaels, the man who has pushed everything forward legally and has years of experience operating in the non-profit world, also let us know that the yet to be named supporters group is officially filed as a 501(c)(7), meaning that we are legitimized in the eyes of the government. Do not look too much into things, everything will be explained on the 17th.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If great to see we have an organized and dedicated core group to get things going the right way.

Hope to meet you all on the 17th. Looking to get involved and really build the atmosphere for NYCFC.

Let's Go City!

Albeit I was hesitant to put anything in writing until the announcement on the 17th, this is a small PART of the board of directors for this upcoming term. There are still a multitude of roles open, including over half of the board positions and additional roles that are less of a time commitment. Things will be put into perspective on the 17th. The people in the photo have taken it upon themselves to organize events, speak to the club at length, file the necessary paperwork, reach out to new communities, be leaders at the few functions that we have had, and devote their time to the SC's function. Just to iterate, board responsibilities and positions are never permanent and have term limits. The general point of the meeting last night was to set an itinerary on the 17th so there will be nothing helter skelter about it. It was also to speak to Michael, the awesome, exceptionally funny, owner of Mad Hatter. Chance Michaels, the man who has pushed everything forward legally and has years of experience operating in the non-profit world, also let us know that the yet to be named supporters group is officially filed as a 501(c)(7), meaning that we are legitimized in the eyes of the government. Do not look too much into things, everything will be explained on the 17th.

View attachment 199
Thanks guys

Thanks for getting together to get things started. We appreciate all the work that you all are doing!

Looking forward to seeing how I can help the cause on the 17th.

I'm just curious as to how board members have been elected at this point? What's to stop someone else from starting another supporters group by filing paperwork et all?

Reactions: 5B1C
I'm just curious as to how board members have been elected at this point? What's to stop someone else from starting another supporters group by filing paperwork et all?
Nothing at all. A lot of teams have multiple SG's.

The board members were "chosen" because they were the ones who took the iniiative to get it started.

Reactions: Gene
Good work guys, glad to see some organization. Looking forward to the 17th.

Damn, what a handsome bunch! See ya on the 17th.

Thank god I caught this, I was ready to come armed on the 17th with a bunch of questions in regards to the transparency of all of this. Haha.