Breaking The Internet

I'm also confused by this backlash. There are plenty of song sheets, forum threads and youtube videos that have been produced by other groups over the years. The fact that they want to criticize the NYCFC groups for this is hypocritical and petty.
But in the end we are New York City so who gives a f*uck what other people think of us.

hateus.jpg

Reactions: northernburbs
Screw them all. Just looking to bust our chops. Best way to make them shut up is to win on the field. We'll have our day.

i thought the backlash came from MLS not around the world thats why zero fucks were given from me.

around the world criticism would make more sense i guess since many MLS SG songs are copied from other teams across the world.

EDIT: oh and yes its because its NYC as well, its the price we pay for being from this beautiful city so this type of made up crap is expected.

Reactions: TommyM
The MLS subreddit has a MASSIVE hard on for anything pertaining to NYCFC supporters for some reason. It really creeps me out...

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
It seems to be mostly coming from fans outside of the states

And my response to them is: suck on my soccer balls

A good amount of MLS fans appear to be defending us, at least from what I've I've seen on The Reddits (r/MLS not r/soccer)
/r/soccer is the absolute worst place to discuss soccer on the internet.

I have plenty of experience dealing with hatred of a team I support and its fan base, so this is nothing. NYY fan since mid 80s (hate on me for that all you want, NYY haters). It's expected, and I for one welcome it; it amuses me to no end, and provides me hours of entertainment every day. The day they stop hating, that is the day to start worrying. Then it means you are irrelevant.

I have plenty of experience dealing with hatred of a team I support and its fan base, so this is nothing. NYY fan since mid 80s (hate on me for that all you want, NYY haters). It's expected, and I for one welcome it; it amuses me to no end, and provides me hours of entertainment every day. The day they stop hating, that is the day to start worrying. Then it means you are irrelevant.
Dude....I hear ya!! I am a lifelong Red Sox fan living in NY :cool:..... this shit is like water rolling off a duck!!!!

Don't really consider the song sheet to be a huge deal but the "crud" remark is just asking for mockery. I'm not saying every song needs to contain gratuitous swearing but that has GARBER STAMPED APPROVAL written all over it. It seems that Third Rail prefer to cater to the mainstream (with fairly simplistic "family friendly" songs) and while I encouraged more contemporary, counter culture outlooks it could be a lot worse. Obviously the best judges are those who have attended in person but it hasn't comes across badly on Tv, internet streams, etc at all.

Falastur even openly stated on Blue Moon he believes the atmosphere against Seattle was better than anything at the Etihad for years (well I'm sure he might consider certain memorable games an exception) which isn't something he would say lightly.

TR is likely to continue to end up doing things that ask for mockery, deliberately or by mistake. Still a whole new world for most of the membership, just gotta roll with it folks. TR is trying their best, but expect several dozen more mistakes, leaving it open to searing criticism, before the end of the season. If you expect it to be a well-oiled machine by the end of year 1, I got a great price on the Macombs Dam Bridge for ya.

Could we as supporters use some better, more original songs/chants? Sure, no doubt. Could we be significantly more organized on game day, and in between matches in order to properly prepare for said game day? Of course. But then again, what MLS SGs had 100% new material in their repertoire, or were crack soccer supporters, the first 5 home games into their existence? Name me one, and provide examples, and I'll gladly concede that point.

Finally, any songwriters out there in NYC forum/TR/other SG/SC land? If so, step up and give the supporters some material already!

Don't really consider the song sheet to be a huge deal but the "crud" remark is just asking for mockery. I'm not saying every song needs to contain gratuitous swearing but that has GARBER STAMPED APPROVAL written all over it. It seems that Third Rail prefer to cater to the mainstream (with fairly simplistic "family friendly" songs) and while I encouraged more contemporary, counter culture outlooks it could be a lot worse. Obviously the best judges are those who have attended in person but it hasn't comes across badly on Tv, internet streams, etc at all.

Falastur even openly stated on Blue Moon he believes the atmosphere against Seattle was better than anything at the Etihad for years (well I'm sure he might consider certain memorable games an exception) which isn't something he would say lightly.
Crud was because they couldn't write FUCK. Btw that cockwombble(?) Damocles on blue moon seems obsessed with us. Did he catch someone throatfucking his mother while wearing a NYCFC jersey?

They should have put dots or a blank space then...anything better than crud. The Third Rail should be the start of a national MLS movement to stop this "Garberisation" of chants. Why Third Rail? Well why not someone has to object and take a stand for freedom of speech. Don't know whether anyone on Blue Moon is obsessed with NYCFC, Most are probably too busy finding second rate pundits to complain about.

I'm also confused by this backlash. There are plenty of song sheets, forum threads and youtube videos that have been produced by other groups over the years. The fact that they want to criticize the NYCFC groups for this is hypocritical and petty.
But in the end we are New York City so who gives a f*uck what other people think of us.

View attachment 2527

When you are the top dog you always have someone nipping at your ass.

Crud was because they couldn't write FUCK. Btw that cockwombble(?) Damocles on blue moon seems obsessed with us. Did he catch someone throatfucking his mother while wearing a NYCFC jersey?

He's not obsessed with NYCFC, per se. He's just obsessed with everything. He's one of those types, as he was called out by another Bluemoon veteran for a few days ago, who simply has to be seen as an expert on everything, and if it's not directly in his favour then he feels the need to belittle it and make sure everyone knows it's beneath him. He physically finds it impossible to be neutral on any matter. It's best just to ignore him.