CCL - April 13 - Seattle (RBA)

Taty gets an early brace.
Callens heads one in shortly after halftime.
In minute 85 Seattle is awarded a PK but VAR reverses it not only due to a handball but also for lack of any actual contact, because we're due for a break like that, and NYCFC advances 4-3 on aggregate.

Just passed RBA on Amtrak home. Kind of sad I’ve not attending but I was excited to see a number of piece already tailgating in the parking lot. Enjoy the game, even if the circumstances suck ass

good effort. wish we saw more of that intensity in the first leg. but it is what it is. would have gone to PKs or straight out win if not for Frei and the post.

Now we focus on the league and win campeones cup and another MLS cup to shut up the haters! COME ON NEW YORK

View attachment 11989

'Tis all.

Frei won that game for Seattle. Good effort from the boys. Pereira looks like he's going to be awesome for the creativity in midfield, and I can't wait to see more of him!
I'll take that second half performance to the bank every day of the week. Keep that up and we're going to win a lot of games.

i hope the boys held their heads up high. they showed great grit in that 2nd half. frei came up with some saves and we got so unlucky with a double post!

take that energy and absolutely dismantle RSL this weekend. LET'S FUCKING GO!

Let's not forget, we also have USOC to win as well. That's one of two possible tickets to next year's CCL. LET'S DO IT

Good golly Lady Luck is just not with us. We should have had at least two goals… it was fun and I hope the team holds their heads up. Seattle was ducking ridiculous with feigning injury. Nohou started in the first half and pulled the same shit twice in the second half. That fucking Oompa Loompa Ruy Diaz also over dramatized it… we deserved better tonight.
pardon my colorful language.
NYCFC put in a good effort. Let’s win the cup again this year. We can do it.

Our true Champions League MUST BE the soccer stadium in NYC! I don't want to win this important trophy playing also our home games on the road: 1 game at Los Angeles, 1 game at Hartford and 2 games in New Jersey... We are a NYC team!!!

Fabio! you stayed up for this!!! Props to you brother!

Good showing from the crowd. Not good enough in the final third.
I think Taty was too fired up for this one. Needed more composure. Was a non factor when he should be the man carrying the team and scoring the important goals.

The team played very well in the second half. Very unlucky for not more goals...

And at 10:54 PM at 90', the referee only gave 6 minutes. Maybe because of the TV broadcasting? Terrible referring today.

Terrible by Seattle for the injury times so much.

Great atmosphere by our fans. But terrible for throwing things on the field.

They finished their chances and we didn't. That's all that stood between the teams. Frustrating result, but proud of the effort like all of you.

Also, this may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm kind of glad CCL is over. That competition just feels like more trouble than its worth. Hopefully we can bounce back and get in form in the regular season. I care far more about MLS than I do about CCL.

They finished their chances and we didn't. That's all that stood between the teams. Frustrating result, but proud of the effort like all of you.

Also, this may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm kind of glad CCL is over. That competition just feels like more trouble than its worth. Hopefully we can bounce back and get in form in the regular season. I care far more about MLS than I do about CCL.
I look forward to this team getting their legs and beating Philly in the playoffs en route to their second championship. I think this was one of those nights they deserved the win but just didn’t get the breaks.
Seattle was pathetic tonight with all the “injury” crap. Makes the game a joke.