CCL - April 13 - Seattle (RBA)

When the opposing coach calls the venue a "neutral venue", it's a shame to the entire tournament. Concacaf cares more about money than football.

And I'm only truly and directly openly pissed about this now because I'm going to the match. No reason this couldn't be on Tuesday at 7 PM at Citi Field.

• Sad
Reactions: moogoo
When the opposing coach calls the venue a "neutral venue", it's a shame to the entire tournament. Concacaf cares more about money than football.

And I'm only truly and directly openly pissed about this now because I'm going to the match. No reason this couldn't be on Tuesday at 7 PM at Citi Field.

what money though? lucky to have 3000 in the stadium. if it was for the money they would of accepted playing in Citi or Yankee stadium ( i think both were not available anyway)

Sponsorship money

im still not 100% sure thats the reason for not allowing citi field or Yankee Stadium. i do think they just dont like the venues and want to use "top" soccer/ football venues. this is why many central american teams dont even play in their tiny stadiums and forced to play in the country's capital national stadium with no crowd.

Reactions: Vallos

Mets play at 1pm on Friday, a 7pm game at Citi on Tuesday swon’t give the field crew enough time to turn the field back for the game, it’s Mets home opener, it’s Jackie Robinson 75th Anniversary and it’s the unveiling of the Tom Seaver statute. Steve Cohen is not going to allow the potential of soccer lines on the field to be the story line as that would be the narrative of the Mets being the Mets.

Maxi and Chanot are both unavailable tomorrow.

That sucks. Just saw Maxi suit up in the inside training video and was hopeful.. but I guess he's not ready for full contact yet.

Our hill to climb just turned into a mountain. Without Chanot, our back line is just too unorganized vs a well oiled Seattle attack. This might be the end of the line for us... :(

Reactions: Kjbert
That sucks. Just saw Maxi suit up in the inside training video and was hopeful.. but I guess he's not ready for full contact yet.

Our hill to climb just turned into a mountain. Without Chanot, our back line is just too unorganized vs a well oiled Seattle attack. This might be the end of the line for us... :(
To put a positive spin on it:
  • This time around, the team has already played a game without Maxi and has had a full week of training without him. So they should be a lot more prepared for this rather than him picking up an injury the night before.
  • This game will be played on grass instead of the turf (almost typed "turd" and I think that also works) that Seattle is used to and NYCFC is not used to.
  • This one is at "home" instead of on the road.
This team is still good enough to make it happen. Definitely going to be an uphill battle. The key is likely to limit Seattle's chances so 2-0 is needed and not 3-1 or more.

ugh. Mentally prepared to go out, but will still begin watching with that shred of hope!

Reactions: Kjbert
Maxi and Chanot are both unavailable tomorrow.

i want to have have hope but on the other hand...
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Kjbert and Vallos
if we get MVP level games out of everyone, which is entirely possible, we can make this happen. 2-0 vs Seattle is in no way impossible. Seattle are strong but they can have off days too.

If each of our guys has a strong game, 2-0 is doable. If we defend well and finish the chances we create, we can do this. The chance is there. No maxi and no chanot makes it harder, but it's not insurmountable.... 2-0 and we're through. Johnson saves everything. Taty finishes from every angle. Pereira comes on and gives us mbappe level speed, dribbling and finishing! :)

It's been a good run everyone. We're gonna see more of the same. Sure Martins will play marginally better, and everyone will think hes worth salvaging, and Gray will probably play better as well. Im guessing a 2-1 or even a 2-2 affair. Expect to see more of the same, probably 0-1 changes in the lineup. God I will be upset of Acevedo gets put in. He is hardly the solid player in the midfield to combat this sounders team. They're an unstoppable force, and we are far far far from an immovable object! Hopefully this will at least mean a resurgence in form in the MLS, and maybe less of a need to play Martins and Gloster! Cheers