City Voice

Drainyoo

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
May 27, 2014
NYC
Just received an email from NYCFC about their new online community for fans that lets us give input on team decisions. I just signed up and the first decisions are about the design of the captains armband, music at the stadium and weekday match start times. Definitely recco signing up. Pretty awesome that we get to give input on stuff like this.

Oh sorry! city-voice.us, but I think you can only register using the specific link in the email. Not sure.

Oh sorry! city-voice.us, but I think you can only register using the specific link in the email. Not sure.
Yeah, the email said the it was a "unique Founding Member link." I think that's the only way in for now. Not sure if it's limited to season ticker holders or only the first 3k as Founding Members.
Oddly, one of the survey questions was whether you are aware that season tickets are on sale.
They also ask where you live, and include both Rockland and Putnam counties as separate options but not Suffolk. There is of course a "Other Metro area" option but I wonder if this means some Queens sites might be off the table. I think if you were considering Queens you would want to know if your supporters live in Suffolk.

Reactions: Kjbert
I'm in.

Gotta be honest though.........this appears to be a clone of something they have on the official MCFC site. If so, it's going to be more annoying than something fun to participate in. E.G.: Most of the polls are going to be more about how much love do you have for the teams sponsors than anything else. As the kid said in the movie: "A crummy commercial? Sonovabitch."

Yeah, the email said the it was a "unique Founding Member link." I think that's the only way in for now. Not sure if it's limited to season ticker holders or only the first 3k as Founding Members.
Oddly, one of the survey questions was whether you are aware that season tickets are on sale.
They also ask where you live, and include both Rockland and Putnam counties as separate options but not Suffolk. There is of course a "Other Metro area" option but I wonder if this means some Queens sites might be off the table. I think if you were considering Queens you would want to know if your supporters live in Suffolk.

Queens and Suffolk are two separate counties, but not sure why Suffolk isn't an option.

I'm in.

Gotta be honest though.........this appears to be a clone of something they have on the official MCFC site. If so, it's going to be more annoying than something fun to participate in. E.G.: Most of the polls are going to be more about how much love do you have for the teams sponsors than anything else. As the kid said in the movie: "A crummy commercial? Sonovabitch."

I'm sure it's just a rebranded MCFC thing, but it does seem genuine. It mentions that the captain's armband design with the most votes will be the final design. That alone makes it worth it.

Just received an email from NYCFC about their new online community for fans that lets us give input on team decisions. I just signed up and the first decisions are about the design of the captains armband, music at the stadium and weekday match start times. Definitely recco signing up. Pretty awesome that we get to give input on stuff like this.
Weak. I never received a link. When did you get that?

Queens and Suffolk are two separate counties, but not sure why Suffolk isn't an option.
I know. My point was that if you're thinking of building the SSS in Queens, fans in Suffolk are more likely to come than fans in Rockland and Putnam. Which is why this could be a sign that Queens is off the table. Or that the marketing people who wrote the survey live in England and have no idea of NY area geography. They did include Nassau as an option FWIW.

Reactions: Drainyoo
I'm sure it's just a rebranded MCFC thing, but it does seem genuine. It mentions that the captain's armband design with the most votes will be the final design. That alone makes it worth it.
Oh no question. However over time we'll end up seeing more polls dedicated to "How well do we know Heineken?", "How likely are we to purchase the product?", "Does drinking Heineken enhance your experience while watching the match?", etc than any polls concerning home uniform designs. ;)

Reactions: franchise646
I know. My point was that if you're thinking of building the SSS in Queens, fans in Suffolk are more likely to come than fans in Rockland and Putnam. Which is why this could be a sign that Queens is off the table. Or that the marketing people who wrote the survey live in England and have no idea of NY area geography. They did include Nassau as an option FWIW.

Ah makes sense, and yes, it's probably some Brit who put it together.

Reactions: mgarbowski