Colorado Postmatch

My experience watching this game was basically:

1. Well, this is going to be boring. We're going to control the ball and pass all over their asses and probably win 3-0.

2. Tommy! Fat Messi strikes again!

3. Yep, Colorado is terrible. Snore.

4. Hmm, we seem to be pretty useless in the final third now. Again. Still. Hmm, Jack is getting manhandled.

5. Okay, guys, we really need a second goal. We're getting sloppy and the back and if we don't buy some insurance,

6. Well, shit.

7. Oh fuck me, they're going to win.

8. Whew. Well, that was disappointing along most axes of comparison. Sigh.

The two halves were polar opposites. Could the altitude have actually played a role? All I know is we're going to be an easy target in the playoffs if this is how we perform against the worst team in the league (this year).

When Gordon was one on one with the Milkman I thought we were finished. Another incredible game from Johnson.

I'm over the whole Jack at CF experiment. Play him wide so he can cut in and do fancy things. Would have gone with:

Okoli
Wallace - Maxi - Jack
Pirlo - Sands
Sweat - Callens - Brillant - Allen

Sub JLew in for Wallace around 60. Anyone for Pirlo, probably at the half.

My experience watching this game was basically:

1. Well, this is going to be boring. We're going to control the ball and pass all over their asses and probably win 3-0.

2. Tommy! Fat Messi strikes again!

3. Yep, Colorado is terrible. Snore.

4. Hmm, we seem to be pretty useless in the final third now. Again. Still. Hmm, Jack is getting manhandled.

5. Okay, guys, we really need a second goal. We're getting sloppy and the back and if we don't buy some insurance,

6. Well, shit.

7. Oh fuck me, they're going to win.

8. Whew. Well, that was disappointing along most axes of comparison. Sigh.

Exactly! I spent the first 60 minutes thinking I had never seen a worse MLS team than Colorado, and the last 30 amazed that we had managed to stoop to their level

giphy.gif

That.... sucked.

Colorado scores alot of goals in the 80+ minute because of elevation. Need to have a plan for it. I do question subbing on a new player with limited training to a position he doesn't usually play and to combine on the right side with our worse starting defensive player.

I think the subs should have come sooner with the altitude. We dominated for most of the game. When Sands came in we got a little boost but that's it. Jack should have stayed wide. Guess if you have to put Shelton in there, he should have been the striker. Bigger target. Maybe Viera could have played a False 9. Idk, but the forwards did little. Pirlo, Tommy and Maxi played well together. Not much to really point at other then being gassed when we couldn't possess anymore. It's a road point though.

This recent trend of games has me very worried, even if we do hold onto our 2nd seed for the playoffs, we seem to be fading into it, a lot of teams around us are starting to get hot right around now, we need to light a fire under our asses and round into form or it is going to be another disappointing playoff season for us.

This recent trend of games has me very worried, even if we do hold onto our 2nd seed for the playoffs, we seem to be fading into it, a lot of teams around us are starting to get hot right around now, we need to light a fire under our asses and round into form or it is going to be another disappointing playoff season for us.
Just need to get healthy

Yes. Wallace's stamina runs out quickly. I can see Mata starting at LB with Wallace at LW...then Mata moving to LW and Sweat coming in at LB. We need Mata so the three can stay in form.
Wallace has zero stamina. He's great through 45. His first touch is gone from 46-60. He's chasing plays/late closing down 61-70. Done 71+. Vieira thinks about subbing him sometime around 85 and then subs somebody else.

Watching this now. Interesting that during the pregame chat with the media Vieira said he wanted to see Sands and Struna. That being said, his mindset pregame should not dictate the pace, flow, and needs of changes and substitutions in game. Struna was a mistake. I think Villa was too.

Reactions: Ulrich
Watching this now. Interesting that during the pregame chat with the media Vieira said he wanted to see Sands and Struna. That being said, his mindset pregame should not dictate the pace, flow, and needs of changes and substitutions in game. Struna was a mistake. I think Villa was too.

Sands was the only correct sub last night. He got every thing else wrong on players and timing. I think this year, the only times PV has gotten the subs correct are similar to a broken clock being right twice a day.

Reactions: LionNYC