Columbus 2nd Leg ECS - Postmatch

Has anyone actually blamed Pirlo for the match? I've seen 4 people call it out and not one of them quoted anybody actually doing it. I see a lot of criticism of PV for subbing him in, and I see criticism of some poor passes. But blaming him for the result?
giphy.gif

A minimum of 6 people have taken major issue with the decision to bring him in and his performance.

Don’t be a dolt. Pirlo is taking some of the blame in this thread for this loss.

Adding on something im sure everyone already knows, but we have some serious problems scoring goals. We won this game 2-0 and yet didnt score a natural goal. The goals had to come from a penalty and an own goal. We dominated play basically the entire game but couldn't put not even one in the back of the net. We are in desperate need of forwards not named Villa who are able to score.
Not a disagreement at all, but I discovered today that officially Struna got credit so not an own goal, though I think that is generous to both Strunh and Mensah, so your point is taken.

Reactions: CatNYC
Not a disagreement at all, but I discovered today that officially Struna got credit so not an own goal, though I think that is generous to both Strunh and Mensah, so your point is taken.

if that doesnt get counted as an own goal theres something seriously wrong with the people who decide these things... it was a perfectly placed header into his own net.

if that doesnt get counted as an own goal theres something seriously wrong with the people who decide these things... it was a perfectly placed header into his own net.
the ball was not on its way towards goal in my opinion therefore the scoring of an own goal is correct. in other words. had mensah not been there i believe the shot would have been going out for a goal kick.

Reactions: Kangaroo Jack
Why was Struna's goal considered an Own Goal? I thought it was quite clearly on target.

Everywhere I'm reading says it's a Struna goal. The highlight video package at the end. The MLSsoccer.com timeline. Everything.

Reactions: Kjbert
There was an in-stadium announcement saying it had been ruled an own goal. But it’s MLS, so

So just to be clear Struna now has the same amount of goals for NYCFC as the player I've been repeatedly been told is the greatest free kick taker the world has ever seen?

Well. If we're being technical, Playoff goals are not counted in the MLS record books in terms of all-time goal numbers...

I swore I'd never watch another Simon Borg video again but that being said...

- Wallace First PK: Good call
- Wallace Second PK: No call, should have been a PK
- Handball in the Box: Natural arm position
- Last Crazy Play: No dangerous play foul on Maxi, No kick on Harrison, Kick to the midsection of Villa.

So, Borg is telling us. 1) We should have had a 2nd PK thanks to Wallace. 2) We should have had a PK at the end of the game. Motherfucking PRO and VAR. Fuck the system.

Start at 2:45

Last edited:
I swore I'd never watch another Simon Borg video again but that being said...

- Wallace First PK: Good call
- Wallace Second PK: No call, should have been a PK
- Handball in the Box: Natural arm position
- Last Crazy Play: No dangerous play foul on Maxi, No kick on Harrison, Kick to the midsection of Villa.

So, Borg is telling us. 1) We should have had a 2nd PK thanks to Wallace. 2) We should have had a PK at the end of the game. Motherfucking PRO and VAR. Fuck the system.

Start at 2:45
It’s a disaster. It was supposed to maximize consistency and accuracy through technology. Instead the erratic manner by which it is used and then ignored has made the officiating even more inconsistent and substantially more unfair. For example, leg one it was used and changed our season. Leg two it was ignored when it would have changed our season.