Contending in 2018

Chanot will be back. I think we may see a Max/Ring/Sands going forward. Would be nice to see us go with youth next to two great midfielders. Let Sands go out, disrupt and make some nice passes since he's kinda made for this system.

We're not that far away. Go get a goal scorer.

Herrera is gone I think. But you can get a TAM 8 or 10 we've seen.

If Almiron is on this team, what happens tonight?

Does Almiron finish? If so, they do better. NYCFC has been shite at finishing all year. Should do drills every day at this.

Reactions: Kjbert
Chanot will be back. I think we may see a Max/Ring/Sands going forward. Would be nice to see us go with youth next to two great midfielders. Let Sands go out, disrupt and make some nice passes since he's kinda made for this system.

I also think Herrera is gone but Sands will probably play a bigger role. Problem with playing both Ring and Sands is you need a creative force at your third midfielder and Maxi is not it. Imagine a Vasquez, Almiron or (ssshhh) Higuain in that role instead of Maxi.

Has there been any further talk on Chanot? Is he back next year? He is a beast and it would be a big loss for us if he's not back. And then you have to find another CB who can pass well
He was at the VIP party pre-game, and he didn’t seem to be plotting an exit.

That said, stranger things have happened.

He was at the VIP party pre-game, and he didn’t seem to be plotting an exit.

That said, stranger things have happened.

giphy.gif

couldn't help myself :)

i feel like its the kiss of death with that guy....he said we were going to be 6th this year and barely make the playoffs and never happened that way
It's funny. He jumped on our bandwagon somewhere around midseason and stuck with it even during the slump (which he recognizes). NYCFC fans never forgave him for the earlier underestimation, and haters on the MLS website can't accept his current opinion.

It's funny. He jumped on our bandwagon somewhere around midseason and stuck with it even during the slump (which he recognizes). NYCFC fans never forgave him for the earlier underestimation, and haters on the MLS website can't accept his current opinion.

if we do keep both players he mentions and then get our third DP ill wait to see what he writes in his 2018 "prediction"

i honestly dont think we keep herrera....i think his loan is up and he may get sent to girona or netherlands

I may be out on a limb but if Hererra is gone we have Sands to move into the XI, right? The only thing that would prevent this is Vieira, who seems to shy away from the young guys.

Well there's a question for the board. Would you rather have Wallace, Herrera and a DP RW or Wallace, Harrison and a DP something else?
I'm going to choose to answer the above question differently (I know, its a cop-out). I think we'd be able to keep all three of them, and then bring in a DP LW. Keep Wallace, but bring him off the bench. He's a valuable piece and would actually provide us some decent quality as a sub or filling in for injuries/suspensions.

I'm going to choose to answer the above question differently (I know, its a cop-out). I think we'd be able to keep all three of them, and then bring in a DP LW. Keep Wallace, but bring him off the bench. He's a valuable piece and would actually provide us some decent quality as a sub or filling in for injuries/suspensions.

Weenie

Reactions: SoupInNYC
I may be out on a limb but if Hererra is gone we have Sands to move into the XI, right? The only thing that would prevent this is Vieira, who seems to shy away from the young guys.
there's no way sands starts in our starting lineup. i don't say that because i dislike him. i say it because it's the reality people will fail to face. if you want to find success, sands will not be part of the starting 11. if you want to try to develop young players, probably take a hit in the standings, you start sands and friends.

there's no way sands starts in our starting lineup. i don't say that because i dislike him. i say it because it's the reality people will fail to face. if you want to find success, sands will not be part of the starting 11. if you want to try to develop young players, probably take a hit in the standings, you start sands and friends.
Yeah he needs to be eased in. We should not go into 2018 with Sands in the XI as our Plan A.