COVID-19 - Leagues Suspended

Netflix should offer 30 days free to everyone. People would get hooked on it.

it’s how you get heroin addicts. First taste is free.
Netflix has offered a free 30-day trial since it started mailing out DVDs a long time ago.

Reactions: Kjbert
So the May 15 date I quoted last page is basically the earliest we could see professional sports return. Yikes. It might actually be closer to June, if not July.

There comes a point when it's fair to question whether any pro summer sports return in 2020.
Doubt it. I bet everything is canceled out of fear that any place contained then has a hotbed to flair back up in. Olympics.... done..... WC Qual.... adios..... pro sports..... bye bye..... the financial impact this is having on the economy, governments, individuals is catastrophic that governments won’t take the chance.

I could be wrong and I really and truly hope I’m wrong, but until there’s a vaccine, I cannot imagine the sporting entertainment side of our lives will go back to normal.

Last edited:
Because they're out in front with the testing and seriousness of the virus and you'd think they would understand the risk.
You seem to follow the data much closer than me. Have "community spread" cases been slower in warm weather climates? I know they haven't determined officially if summer will blunt this virus, but im curious if a pattern is emerging yet.

Reactions: Kjbert and Vallos
During these worrying times, pick up the phone and call or FaceTime (don't text) friends, family, and loved ones. Communication is important when things are shut down and the world isn't the place we typically know it as.

Soccer will come back, we just don't know when.

During these worrying times, pick up the phone and call or FaceTime (don't text) friends, family, and loved ones. Communication is important when things are shut down and the world isn't the place we typically know it as.

Soccer will come back, we just don't know when.

Are you gonna call the refs you normally yell at to tell them they matter?

Jk. Communication is important. We are social creatures after all!

Because they're out in front with the testing and seriousness of the virus and you'd think they would understand the risk.

NRL rugby league where I follow Russel Crowe's South Sydney Rabbitohs kicked off this weekend. I think they currently plan to play but with no or reduced crowds. England's own Rugby league (league) is also currently trying to keep going without crowds. Leeds Rhinos refused to play their latest scheduled match and might be punished. Rugby League is off course a niche sport compared to Football (or arguably even Rugby Union) and I think there's a fear (at least in England) that teams could go under without broadcast money.

and still no goal :(

Huh? Says we lost 3-1:

"
FC Dallas vs. NYCFC
Only one man should be credited with FC Dallas' 3-1 win over NYCFC and that’s Zdenek Ondrasek. The Czech striker scored three goals on three shots, all as head coach Luchi Gonzalez’s crew picked up their second win of the season. Ismael Tajouri-Shradi offered NYCFC a lifeline, but the rally proved elusive.

"

Reactions: mgarbowski
Huh? Says we lost 3-1:

"
FC Dallas vs. NYCFC
Only one man should be credited with FC Dallas' 3-1 win over NYCFC and that’s Zdenek Ondrasek. The Czech striker scored three goals on three shots, all as head coach Luchi Gonzalez’s crew picked up their second win of the season. Ismael Tajouri-Shradi offered NYCFC a lifeline, but the rally proved elusive.

"

lol my bad i didnt read the article, i saw a clip of a simulation of the week and we lost 0-1. i just assumed it was the same one i saw on twitter.

• Haha
Reactions: moogoo
Canada just closed its borders. Americans are exempted, but you have to imagine no professional sports can resume until that is lifted.