COVID-19 - Leagues Suspended

The article you linked does not support your argument.
The article says exactly that in the first sentence:

The White House overruled health officials who wanted to recommend that elderly and physically fragile Americans be advised not to fly on commercial airlines because of the new coronavirus, a federal official told The Associated Press.

People aren’t being safe simply for their own sake, it’s to help corral the spread so the most vulnerable aren’t exposed.

Your view of the few hundred people 70+ is exactly the view I’d expect from the entitled Gen Z demographic. Not everything is always about you - that’s what being part of a society is all about.
I’m not gen z lol

facts is, yeah sure it's pretty dangerous but the typical fear mongering by the news outlets is laughable. people acting like its the end of the world buying their 100 count toilet paper packages at costco and hand sanitizer by the gallon. I'll be slightly worried when people start dropping dead at an alarming rate in this country. right now a few hundred people 70+ doesn't have me worried at all lol maybe I'm just an asshole but idc.

#washyourhands

your grandparents must be dead already

What does the rest of the article say?
Says the Admin stopped short of the stronger guidance.

Tearing apart your argument is easy when the article has written the exact counter. And it’s a Fox article no less, even they are having zero qualms about putting to press the pitfalls the admin is creating through the response.

Reactions: ALBNYfan
Trump said people can ride this out at work. That’s false.

This is the problem with this. You are echoing what you read on Twitter. Too many people are misinformed based on what they read on social media. Did you even hear the interview? He said some people will have mild symptom, go to work and get over it without even knowing. That's actually a very true statement. That's a far cry from what you said. I understand it's an election year and people hate the guy...but social media spreading false rumors can hurt people. This isn't a joke. Everyone is buying up cleaning supplies and such. It's a selfish panic.

This has been going around today as fact. Had 4 employees contact me about asking if they should come to work. It's not real, just like half the crap going around about it. What's real and fact is no longer obvious. Do real research people, without political influence. 6B39519A-D279-47E7-B059-6CDFAA4FE55F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: hatt91 and moogoo
This is the problem with this. You are echoing what you read on Twitter. Too many people are misinformed based on what they read on social media. Did you even hear the interview? He said some people will have mild symptom, go to work and get over it without even knowing. That's actually a very true statement. That's a far cry from what you said. I understand it's an election year and people hate the guy...but social media spreading false rumors can hurt people. This isn't a joke. Everyone is buying up cleaning supplies and such. It's a selfish panic.

This has been going around today as fact. Had 4 employees contact me about asking if they should come to work. It's not real, just like half the crap going around about it. What's real and fact is no longer obvious. Do real research people, without political influence. View attachment 10681
Yes, I saw the interview. He made those comments later in the day after the scientists said people should stay home if showing any symptoms. He contradicted them with his statement, because nobody should be going to work with any symptoms since what’s mild to one person will be potentially deadly to another. My company is so concerned about this, we’ve got 55k employees around the world and we’re a $13b/year company, that our risk management team is sending out updated policies every other day - so my info isn’t politically driven, it’s influenced by a focus to limit the spread.

Also not sure why you imply I’m making a joke of this - I’ve been absolutely serious with my comments and I’ve taken offense at others downplaying the gravity.

Reactions: ALBNYfan
On the topic of this thread, I really don't think we're that far away from games behind played behind closed doors, or being postponed in total. I'd even wonder if this weekend's game is in jeopardy.

i dont think the game itself is in jeaportdy, its more if there will be spectators. if the new cases spike up by alot during the week and if more of those are community based infections then governor/mayor will go to the extreme and put official restrictions.

Last edited:
Has there been any communication from Garner yet on this?

Jeezo....... just stepping in to say that, as a reporter, the wide spread of misinformation is a problem and seeing people here hold opposing interpretations of the same statement really highlights what a struggle trying to cover almost any political story is these days.... but anyway.

As for 45's statement about people going to work, it's always best to go back to the source document, which in this case is his own words. He went to great lengths to say that he hadn't told people to go to work if they are sick, but he did say that "hundreds of thousands" were getting better "just by sitting around" or going to work.

So, you can argue over what he meant by that, but the other statement about not wanting the numbers to go up because of the ship....... seems a bit more cut and dry...

as the person at the head of all this, he has been woefully misguided, stifling viewpoints that disagree with his, forcing scientists to clear their statements through politicians, and generally trying to manage this in a way that appears more about making him look good than averting a public health crisis, but.......... yeah..... are't we here to talk about footbal....

Relevant to the original topic.

The Indian Wells tennis tournament - one of the 10 biggest tournaments on the calendar - has been canceled. A single COVID case was diagnosed in the community, and that led to the cancellation of the tournament that had been set to start Monday with qualifying rounds and Wednesday with the main draw. Typically, over 450,000 fans attend the tournament over the two weeks.

It seems that California is taking a more cautionary approach than the rest of the country; for example, the next tournament on the Calendar - another Masters 1000 event - is still planned to start in Miami in two weeks. Howerver, these kinds of measures may become more common.

1. Don't put your hands in your mouth, eyes or nose
2. Drink a lot of water so you are forced go to the bathroom and wash your hands
3. Wearing gloves helps. Most people wouldn't put their glove in their mouth
4. Clean your most-touched surfaces

There are a lot of common sense things that people should have been doing their entire lives that sound revolutionary now that there's a contagious virus about.

Reactions: Kjbert