COVID-19 - Leagues Suspended

i wonder if FIFA break will be cancelled or is that up to the confederations ?
Not sure many players will want to be flying reg airlines back to their countries. Way different than a chartered plane/coach clubs take.

Reactions: Kjbert
Ireland considering postponing their playoff match versus Slovakia on March 26 per REI

Reactions: Schwallacus
So I got tickets for Wednesday's game in jersey.
now im debating on going or not. I'll make sure to be careful but it would suck to hear that someone at the game has the virus.
on one hand, ill dont mind staying home but i would love to see a "Sold out" RBA game.

thoughts?

Imagine playing footy in an empty stadium? Must be pretty eerie. Also I doubt if it came to that they would ever even open up yankee stadium for that. I could see them playing at Fordham or Columbia, etc. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that!

Imagine playing footy in an empty stadium? Must be pretty eerie. Also I doubt if it came to that they would ever even open up yankee stadium for that. I could see them playing at Fordham or Columbia, etc. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that!

I thought we were banned from Fordham. Just play at the training facility.

Multiple sources also said that the league would prefer to postpone and reschedule matches rather than play them behind closed doors. Allowing fans in the stands obviously makes for a better experience for all — supporters, teams, players, broadcasters, viewers and employees — but it also crucially preserves a key piece of revenue for teams. The sources said that, compared to teams in other North American sports leagues, MLS clubs derive a disproportionate amount of their revenue from match days. Losing out on the money generated by ticket, concessions and merchandise sales would be a serious financial hit for more than a few clubs.

This seems notable to our conversation.

From: https://theathletic.com/1665432/202...d-locker-rooms-postponements-could-be-coming/

Santa Clara county (San Jose, California) has banned gatherings of 1,000+ people, including sports events, until April 1.

The Earthquakes are scheduled to host a game on March 21. That game either has to be rescheduled or played behind closed doors.

Reactions: adam
Last edited:
It’s already here. We just haven’t tested people. Once it hit Grand Central, it was game over from a containment perspective. So yes, there will be people at RBA that have it.

So Nelson Jay Nelson Jay I don’t know where you work, but you’ve already interacted with someone or multiple people that are carriers

Reactions: moogoo
It’s already here. We just haven’t tested people. Once it hit Grand Central, it was game over from a containment perspective. So yes, there will be people at RBA that have it.

So Nelson Jay Nelson Jay I don’t know where you work, but you’ve already interacted with someone or multiple people that are carriers
Times square 42, so yeah. -sigh-
I can't imagine NYC being locked down.