Derby Day Snapchat Filter Stunt

roxfontaine

Level Up
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 7, 2015
I'm Around
Early this season, we had conversations about unique and new things that we could do to increase our presence and separate ourselves from the norm in MLS. One of the ideas we had was to put a Snapchat filter over the entirety of Red Bull Arena. Luckily, we had time to think about it and gather ideas. We also were fortunate enough to give a test run at our home opener to see how it would actually play out.

Fast forward to July and we're at our target. There were two things that we wanted to accomplish: 1. To create a derby day t-shirt for all supporters. 2. To design and execute a Snapchat filter to "troll" the Red Bulls at their home. We got the t-shirt done and pre-orders went up. Our design guy, William Conklin, sends us 4 designs for the Snapchat filter. We clearly see a winner and submit it for approval. After one denial, due to the original image taking up too much screen, we made the adjustment and resubmitted. It got approved and we were ready to go.

Nobody knew this was happening until the moment it launched at noon. The effect was just what we had hoped for and we are really proud of our effort. This is the kind of thing that we will be known for.

THIRD RAIL ALL DAY!

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/sto...lls-with-an-incredible-snapchat-filter-072416

Well done. It's the kind of thing that is retrospect makes you wonder why nobody did it before, which is often the type of creativity I find most impressive.

Because it isn't in the book already.

That has been my goal since becoming President of TR. I don't want to play by the rules already in the book. We can be whatever we want to be.

Early this season, we had conversations about unique and new things that we could do to increase our presence and separate ourselves from the norm in MLS. One of the ideas we had was to put a Snapchat filter over the entirety of Red Bull Arena. Luckily, we had time to think about it and gather ideas. We also were fortunate enough to give a test run at our home opener to see how it would actually play out.

Fast forward to July and we're at our target. There were two things that we wanted to accomplish: 1. To create a derby day t-shirt for all supporters. 2. To design and execute a Snapchat filter to "troll" the Red Bulls at their home. We got the t-shirt done and pre-orders went up. Our design guy, William Conklin, sends us 4 designs for the Snapchat filter. We clearly see a winner and submit it for approval. After one denial, due to the original image taking up too much screen, we made the adjustment and resubmitted. It got approved and we were ready to go.

Nobody knew this was happening until the moment it launched at noon. The effect was just what we had hoped for and we are really proud of our effort. This is the kind of thing that we will be known for.

THIRD RAIL ALL DAY!

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/sto...lls-with-an-incredible-snapchat-filter-072416
I can't understand why you don't have 100 likes for this. Well done sir!!!