Didier Drogba Linked To Nycfc

I don't think he's perfect but a Drogba-Villa partnership could be as good as Martins-Dempsey or Henry-BWP
I don't think it could. Not enough speed, at all. Drogba has gotten pretty bad.

I don't think he's perfect but a Drogba-Villa partnership could be as good as Martins-Dempsey or Henry-BWP
Sorry dude, but bull f* shit.

Added: Apologies for shortness. My complete thought is that you're probably right if we actually kept them in the pitch. But since we haven't found a time machine or a reliable faith healer, I don't think they would be on the field enough to be better.

Also, I'm giving up swearing, at least on the message board.

Last edited:
I don't think it could. Not enough speed, at all. Drogba has gotten pretty bad.
Oh, I see you beat me to the punch. Nonetheless, I stand by my assessment. BULL f* S*
(Edited to reflect self-imposed PG-13 language restrictions.)

Last edited:
Yeah, this move would anger me. I watched the re-air of the Champions league semi final with Bayern and Dortmund; the quality out there in the world is ridiculously impressive.

I know MLS isnt on a level to attract some of the best in the world, but I don't wanna see Drogba laboring his carcass around the field, and settling for taking shots outside the 18 because he cant be bothered to make runs. Give me a young up and coming Fullback that can make runs (ala Yedelin).

Keep in mind that the Telegraph often confuses the Cosmos and City/Red Bulls, and even has claimed that the Cosmos are in MLS. Journalistic standards over there are so much lower than even ours.

Hey guys - you act like he would take time from Romelu Lukaku or Manzukic.

Outside of David Villa, there isn't a single guy on this roster who has the talent, still, that Drogba has. I'm not saying he is my first choice, but he's certainly a better option than Nemec, Mullins, Shelton or anyone else on this squad. You all SERIOUSLY overrate our players. Our team stinks. I wouldn't choose him, but if Drogba is what we can get, sign him up.

that lampard- Drogba connetion coming to yankee stadium sometime in the summer of 2015

Reactions: Kjbert
Hey guys - you act like he would take time from Romelu Lukaku or Manzukic.

Outside of David Villa, there isn't a single guy on this roster who has the talent, still, that Drogba has. I'm not saying he is my first choice, but he's certainly a better option than Nemec, Mullins, Shelton or anyone else on this squad. You all SERIOUSLY overrate our players. Our team stinks. I wouldn't choose him, but if Drogba is what we can get, sign him up.

Its not about how much we rate our players, its about how little we rate Drogba.

Nobody is saying he isn't better than Nemec. Its just that I highly doubt Drogba is the only player we can get as our 3rd DP and when there are other options available, in all honesty, Drogba would be a terrible option. Even if he could stay fit for more than a few games, which he wouldn't be able to, he is the exact opposite player we need on the pitch right now. He literally can not run. As in he cant do anything other than jog around the field, and he still can barely last a full game. The only thing he would give us (other than at most 5-10 goals a year) is defensive headers on set pieces. Even then, he wouldn't end up giving us anything because he would be at the trainer's every week.

I think you try to look at it as "this player improves our first XI so they would be a good choice." That makes sense, but when a team is struggling like ours a player like Drogba isn't what we need. I agree if Drogba is the only thing we can get, yeah we might as well get him, would definitely be cool to see him play for us and play with Lampard again. But I dont see why the team would go for him unless hes the only option we can get.

In a vacuum where we can pick who we want, I agree that Drogba is a poor choice.

But how do you know that this isn't our best option? What makes you believe that there is a better option out there? The team has proven that they will not spend money on a transfer fee. So now you need a free agent. We've shown an inability to score goals. So they need to go out and get a goal scorer. Please, find a better goal scorer right now. I'd love one. This might be the best option.

Even if one think that Drogba looks slow in Premier League matches (which itself is a highly rebuttable assertion), one cannot possibly conclude from that observation that he will be ineffective against MLS-level competition.

Drogba is in outstanding shape. There's no good reason to doubt that he'd be one of the best strikers in the league if he came over this summer.

Reactions: Kjbert