Emirates Cup?

CP_Scouse

Registered
Mar 27, 2014
Queens
With the red cows winning the cup in 2011, do you think NYCFC would enter?
are there any other cups that the team can enter, national or international?

Doubt it.

Jersey Cows were invited because of Thierry Henry I believe. I doubt Arsenal will invite NYCFC because that would be in some small way aiding MCFC.

The Etihad connection makes it impossible.
Actually, I heard a while ago that ManC was replacing Etihad.

Also heard just today that ManC is looking for a new sponsor for both ManC and NYCFC as a package deal...

Your point is valid but it might be changing soon. Still, highly, highly unlikely they get into an Emirates Cup ever

Actually, I heard a while ago that ManC was replacing Etihad.

Also heard just today that ManC is looking for a new sponsor for both ManC and NYCFC as a package deal...

Your point is valid but it might be changing soon. Still, highly, highly unlikely they get into an Emirates Cup ever

I would've heard this story if true, I reckon. I spend much of my day reading news sources looking for just this sort of thing. I think you may be referring to a story from a year back, when PSG signed their ludicrous sponsorship deal - there were stories that City would now also seek a sponsorship deal worth over £100m/season. I'm fairly sure that that story has been scotched since then though.

Here's the story from last year:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...hester-City-struggling-new-shirt-sponsor.html

The new package deal bit came in a very recent NYCFC article that mentioned that they're looking at not only selling the jersey spot but will also put up that sponsor on the outfield walls surrounding the field at Yankee stadium.
filipweb22s.jpg

Yeah. I'm pretty sure this story is dead though. Considering that City have been including Etihad board members in recent business developments where the sponsors should have no say normally, it's my opinion that the club and the airline have a private pact to grow their businesses side-by-side. I can't see City moving to a new shirt sponsor.