Euro 2016

I think the issue is more that Portugal drew 3 matches against mediocre opponents. Needed extra time and PK's against two more mediocre opponents and then beat Wales to get there. Then play all out defense in the final. I know it'll sound sour grapes from a France supporter but their easily the worst major tournament winner and this is easily the worst Major Tournament since Greece/Euro 2004 respectively in general.
I didn't mind the way Portugal won the final. But they do have to be the most mediocre major tournament winner. They barely scraped by, didn't really play a good match until the semi against Wales.

I am quite disappointed they ended up being the champion, considering they really were never in good form throughout the tournament.

Reactions: CatNYC
I think the issue is more that Portugal drew 3 matches against mediocre opponents. Needed extra time and PK's against two more mediocre opponents and then beat Wales to get there. Then play all out defense in the final. I know it'll sound sour grapes from a France supporter but their easily the worst major tournament winner and this is easily the worst Major Tournament since Greece/Euro 2004 respectively in general.

what about denmark? a team that did not even qualify to the tournament but got in due to political circumstances and sanctions.

still i see this like more of a choke of France...no one ever says why didnt the more capable team capitalize, granted Portugal GK had amazing saves but still had quite a few chances wasted...PLUS portugal not having their best player.

..just like when chelsea eliminated barcelona on their way to win the champions league....barcelona had all the chances they had all the chances and failed.

to me a winner is a winner no matter on how you do it...thats the way the game is.

Reactions: BxLio91 and Ulrich