Facebook Supporters Page

Hugo_PZ

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 27, 2014
I don't know how many members from here actually follow the FB page, but let me tell you guys all that bitching, crying, and bickering is getting old. Probably a real turn off and maybe just a bit intimidating for those who are new to the supporter scene. We're not really rolling out the welcome mat lads.

I couldn't agree more. I feel like all those discussions are better off on here than on the fb group. If I was a potential fan and I saw a group that is bickering, bitching etc... I'd have reservations. Voicing your concerns is important but it has to be done in a constructive manner. Bitching because you don't get your way or to impose your way is childish and not beneficial at all. Hopefully the meeting on the 17th can get us on the same page and we can start making guided moves to expand the fan base.

Reactions: NYCBlue
I think it's important to be welcoming on here especially because this is an open forum where FB is a closed group.
This is one of the reasons Dan opened up with Warzone sub. To have those incendiary discussions. I welcome them and I'd rather them happen here. Partially because we want to keep this place buzzing but also, the level of discussion here is higher. People come to the Forums because they have more than just a 'click LIKE if you agree' interest in NYCFC - just by adding those extra couple steps of typing in NYCFC.FORUMS and registering a username etc, you strain out a lot of the dregs.

Yes we have heated arguments and some trolls slip through the cracks but there hasn't been any name-calling and other less-than-mature shit slinging going on.

The Facebook Group is waiting until the 17th to decide what to do about this stuff, I'm guessing. The group is closed though because who wants people to be able to see what official things we are doing when they're not in the group. I don't want that trash.

However, continually bringing up that this the forum is open and the FB group isn't, is wrong. Any single person that requests to join is admitted. That's why there's 500 people in the group. I actually think that group is way too big now.

I agree that 90% of discussions should be here on the fan page, and the Facebook page should be limited to the actual Supporters Group. I made the comment on FB today about notifications being out of control for stuff that's of no relevance to the club. There needs to be more policing there. I'm guessing things like that will be discussed at the meeting.

I'm sure Zach, Toto, Buckley, Billy, and company are making a list of things that need to be discussed and accomplished. The management and membership of the Facebook group should definitely be discussed.

P.S. I still think there's too wide of a divide between the two groups.

Last edited:
The admins of the group need to keep a tight ship on it. I've seen a energy drink fan screenshot the troll post on the fb pic. We have now nj and long island fans trolling the NYCFC twitter account. We need to be mindful of what we post and not give them more ammo. We should not promote them by name ever. They don't realize that their social media trolling especially on twitter is only promoting us and that they come off as childish and bitter. I was indifferent to them before but now I'm developing a strong dislike which I guess is what comes with the rivalry. I hope we take care of business and let them expose themselves as the pathetic bunch they are.

The admins of the group need to keep a tight ship on it. I've seen a energy drink fan screenshot the troll post on the fb pic. We have now nj and long island fans trolling the NYCFC twitter account. We need to be mindful of what we post and not give them more ammo. We should not promote them by name ever. They don't realize that their social media trolling especially on twitter is only promoting us and that they come off as childish and bitter. I was indifferent to them before but now I'm developing a strong dislike which I guess is what comes with the rivalry. I hope we take care of business and let them expose themselves as the pathetic bunch they are.

Yup... There's no point to a closed group if we're just letting everybody in.

Reactions: MrMartinezNYC
The Manchester City fans who can't grasp the concept of NYCFC being an MLS club in New York. I have yet to have a problem with someone who isn't a City fan yet. Between the sexist nutjob on the facebook page, and then Daryl Brown being thick-headed, combative, and generally wrong on everything he says... Plus the few who have piped up in the last week.

They're almost single-handedly bringing the group down before it even begins.

Warzone... perfect place for this topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene and einwindir
I have issue with the fact that if you disagree with the vocal majority in these groups that you're demonized for it.

You're never going to get everyone to agree. I'm with Daryl on a lot of stuff but I've been accepting of things. You say Daryl is wrong. Who are you to judge what his opinion is? It's his opinion. He's allowed to voice it as are you.

I wish I saw the same level of acceptance on the other side of things. It seems there's a lot of my way or no way around here and that's turning me off from this group. You're trying to take a lot of the MCFC supporters joy away from this. Just my opinion. Hope that's ok.

I have issue with the fact that if you disagree with the vocal majority in these groups that you're demonized for it.

You're never going to get everyone to agree. I'm with Daryl on a lot of stuff but I've been accepting of things. You say Daryl is wrong. Who are you to judge what his opinion is? It's his opinion. He's allowed to voice it as are you.

I wish I saw the same level of acceptance on the other side of things. It seems there's a lot of my way or no way around here and that's turning me off from this group. You're trying to take a lot of the MCFC supporters joy away from this. Just my opinion. Hope that's ok.
I think some people are being combative for the sake of being combative. No one is taking joy from MCFC supporters. There are a select few people who HAPPEN to be MCFC supporters that are acting....what's the best way to say this...acting like assholes.

I'm willing to wager if we were all hanging out and shooting the shit and some guy, who drank too much, started getting in everyones face yelling and carrying on about his favorite team and how everyone else is a glory hunting poser who doesn't understand history and how the chavs are ruining London...and then getting upset when people tell him to just shut the fuck up already...you'd see it differently. That's how it looks from our perspective. Seriously, at least in the Forums, no one cares who your favorite team is, no one cares why you think their allegiances are wrong. If people stop acting like assholes, they'll stop being treated like assholes.

Everyone here is welcome with open arms. Every opinion is welcome. Assholes are welcome too. Just don't be surprised when people are called out for acting like dicks.

I agree with every single thing posted above. I honestly think that after the meeting on the 17th, that Facebook group should be scrapped completely. All news and relevant posts can be seen and better moderated from the regular NYCSC Facebook page and Twitter. The forums are the perfect place for discussion on everything and NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan has given us a great platform to be civil about it. The Facebook group has been nothing short of a nightmare and is only going to get worse as it continues to grow.

I think some people are being combative for the sake of being combative. No one is taking joy from MCFC supporters. There are a select few people who HAPPEN to be MCFC supporters that are acting....what's the best way to say this...acting like assholes.

I'm willing to wager if we were all hanging out and shooting the shit and some guy, who drank too much, started getting in everyones face yelling and carrying on about his favorite team and how everyone else is a glory hunting poser who doesn't understand history and how the chavs are ruining London...and then getting upset when people tell him to just shut the fuck up already...you'd see it differently. That's how it looks from our perspective. Seriously, at least in the Forums, no one cares who your favorite team is, no one cares why you think their allegiances are wrong. If people stop acting like assholes, they'll stop being treated like assholes.

Everyone here is welcome with open arms. Every opinion is welcome. Assholes are welcome too. Just don't be surprised when people are called out for acting lime dicks.
Best post ever.......

Reactions: einwindir
I guess I missed some of the assholery then that you're talking about. Like I said earlier, there's too much 'if you're not with us then you're wrong' stuff going on.

I'd like to see more acceptance on both sides of things. If you don't agree with me that's fine. I can live with it but I'm not going to tell you you're wrong when it's your opinion on something. If someone is an asshole then leave them to be an asshole but general opinion and disagreement is going to happen.

I don't agree with a lot of what I've seen and read here but I'm glad we're all here and look forward to all the good times we have ahead and the guys I met last week for the most part were all great.

I'm at work but I'll return to this for sure and share my 2 cents.
Just 1 thing. We are not a secondary/primary/any for that matter group. This is just a forum where NYCFC fans come together and help grow the fan base and community.
The RB fans posting screenshots, it was people on here sharing ideas and they happened to not be the best and were made fun of.
There is NO way to limit people seeing what we do. On the FB group, here, or anywhere.
I can make this a pay to view site and some RBNY fan will still pay $10 to see what we discuss. Unless we literally interview every member personally. Even the FB group has people that slip through the cracks.
It shouldn't bother us. It doesn't bother me and I don't go on their website and lurk to spite them because I am not interested whatsoever. Honestly we should take it as a compliment that they care enough to spend time on here or FB reading what we are thinking.
The new logo won't show 'club' will just say 'supporters'

I guess I missed some of the assholery then that you're talking about. Like I said earlier, there's too much 'if you're not with us then you're wrong' stuff going on.

I'd like to see more acceptance on both sides of things. If you don't agree with me that's fine. I can live with it but I'm not going to tell you you're wrong when it's your opinion on something. If someone is an asshole then leave them to be an asshole but general opinion and disagreement is going to happen.

I don't agree with a lot of what I've seen and read here but I'm glad we're all here and look forward to all the good times we have ahead and the guys I met last week for the most part were all great.

Nobody is disagreeing with you. Nobody has said anyone is wrong for their opinion. You're allowed to have an opinion and you're allowed to be called an asshole for having said opinion. Daryl, at least on the internet, acts like an asshole...in both places, here and facebook. At least here, you can choose to block someone.

Nobody cares who is a fan of which team as long as you're an NYCFC fan. On the forums, which is a discussion site, you can say and do whatever you want. There's proper threads for everything. On the facebook page, it's not a discussion site. It's a supporters group site with notifications. There's nothing wrong with keeping the conversation there limited to NYCFC and NYCFC supporters.

You can also have discussions anywhere without hurling insults left and right at people which a couple of the City fans continue to do. They also continued act all butt hurt five days later from being scolded for being assholes with "quick we better fade away before we get yelled at"

Reactions: einwindir and Gene
In regards to the MCFC fans, I honestly don't get what they don't understand. This a NYCFC supporters group, period. Regardless of the fact that MCFC "owns" the team (as far as you can say that MCFC, as an entity, owns us, an entity), we are not MCFC, we are not a MCFC supporters group offshoot. If you aren't an NYCFC fan, first and foremost, then why do you take interest in what is being said and done here or on Facebook?

I'm not saying this to chase people away, but anyone can be a casual fan of this team for any reason they'd like. But if you are actively pursuing being part of a supporter's group, then your number one priority should be to support the team. If you are more concerned about your fandom in another team, then why don't you put your energies into that team's supporter's group?

Again, I'm not saying this because I have a problem with Man City fans, but doesn't it just make sense? I bet Man City supporters don't have to deal with Man Utd fans coming into their supporter's groups and talking about their love and support for Utd and then argue that it is their right. Of course, it is your right in this city and this country to say and think whatever you want, but a supporter's group is centralized, focused in nature.

I don't think there is any crusade against Man City fans and I don't think there is any favoritism for any other team supporters. It just so happens that it seems the City fans are up in arms, like they have some sort of right cause "Man City" posted up shop in NY.

And as for the people who have made negative comments about the City fans, I go back to what I said previously, "your number one priority should be to support the team." So support your team and stop worrying about what other people are doing. Castigating Man City fans doesn't do our group any service either.

And just one final note, I agree, the FB is just plain chaotic and is not doing us any justice.

It seems has many divisions, and out of this may rise some new SG. Like I've said before there is just too much bitching and bickering.

Reactions: MrMartinezNYC
In regards to the MCFC fans, I honestly don't get what they don't understand. This a NYCFC supporters group, period. Regardless of the fact that MCFC "owns" the team (as far as you can say that MCFC, as an entity, owns us, an entity), we are not MCFC, we are not a MCFC supporters group offshoot. If you aren't an NYCFC fan, first and foremost, then why do you take interest in what is being said and done here or on Facebook?

I'm not saying this to chase people away, but anyone can be a casual fan of this team for any reason they'd like. But if you are actively pursuing being part of a supporter's group, then your number one priority should be to support the team. If you are more concerned about your fandom in another team, then why don't you put your energies into that team's supporter's group?

Again, I'm not saying this because I have a problem with Man City fans, but doesn't it just make sense? I bet Man City supporters don't have to deal with Man Utd fans coming into their supporter's groups and talking about their love and support for Utd and then argue that it is their right. Of course, it is your right in this city and this country to say and think whatever you want, but a supporter's group is centralized, focused in nature.

I don't think there is any crusade against Man City fans and I don't think there is any favoritism for any other team supporters. It just so happens that it seems the City fans are up in arms, like they have some sort of right cause "Man City" posted up shop in NY.

And as for the people who have made negative comments about the City fans, I go back to what I said previously, "your number one priority should be to support the team." So support your team and stop worrying about what other people are doing. Castigating Man City fans doesn't do our group any service either.

And just one final note, I agree, the FB is just plain chaotic and is not doing us any justice.

BRAV-FUCKING-O!

Well done.