FIFA World Cup 2018 - Group G (Belgium, Panama, Tunisia, England)

So, why didn't they call it the 2-3 times Harry Kane was completely tackled in the box?

Say what you will about England, who were not good enough today, but that ref was absolute crap. No consistency at all, and that applies to fouls in the box and all over the pitch.
because the ref sucks. the goal they scored off the corner didnt even go out the back for a corner it went out at the sideline.

Reactions: Mario
???
Did they need to win by 2 goals or something?
Perhaps. At least not wait until the death to win it. They needed to look like a team that is a threat once they get out of the group, and they didn't.

ETA: I partly said that England were not good enough to imply that I wasn't blaming the ref for their struggles. England should have been better, and the crap ref wasn't really to blame for that.

Perhaps. At least not wait until the death to win it. They needed to look like a team that is a threat once they get out of the group, and they didn't.
I agree they didn't look like a threat in game 1, but.... it's game one. Spain lost their first game before going on to win the Cup, and Germany tied their 2nd and looked like shit against Ghana last World Cup. There's still plenty of time for each team to get better and fix mistakes. These hot takes are nuts. They've essentially clinched their passage to the next round with this win.

So, why didn't they call it the 2-3 times Harry Kane was completely tackled in the box?

Say what you will about England, who were not good enough today, but that ref was absolute crap. No consistency at all, and that applies to fouls in the box and all over the pitch.
That was a foul too, only thing I can think as to why he didn't call it was advantage. It was rightfully given but they cocked it up.

These hot takes are nuts.
and then...
They've essentially clinched their passage to the next round with this win.
whoa whoa whoa, panama lost their first game but they still have time to get better and fix mistakes. I mean look at spain, they lost their first game and went on to win the world cup. Panama 2018 WC Champs, you heard it here first.

and then...

whoa whoa whoa, panama lost their first game but they still have time to get better and fix mistakes. I mean look at spain, they lost their first game and went on to win the world cup. Panama 2018 WC Champs, you heard it here first.
He did say “essentially” and not “definitely”.

Great performance by England tonight the team is showing a lot of fighting spirit which has been

Damn. I thought England looked pretty good - as good as I’ve seen them in a World Cup.

Granted, they only got two funky goals (one by Kane, one claimed by him even though it was scored on the hit before), but they created chances.

They were never put under real pressure.

They aren’t going to win it. But they could easily draw against Belgium.

Harry Maguire is terrible, btw. What a donkey.

Granted, they only got two funky goals (one by Kane, one claimed by him even though it was scored on the hit before), but they created chances.

Just can’t help yourself. All good, let’s see what Mo does this morning. :)

All good, let’s see what Mo does this morning.
Because it's a reasonable comparison to put a dedicated striker for a top 10 team against a guy coming back too early from injury to play out of position for a third tier squad with practically no help?

I'm sure Kane approves and would mug it up. Of course, don't expect him to be intelligible when he speaks about it.