Former NYCFC Players, what are they up to?

gbservis

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 19, 2015
NYC
I thought we had a thread for this but I couldn't find it so I'm sorry if it's redundant. It's interesting to see where people landed or didn't land and how much time they are getting when considering that a lot of these players played serious min for us last season.

Everyone's status as of week 3:

D Chris Wingert (1/30/16 - waived) - RSL (2 starts, 3 appearances, 246 min, 0 G, 0 A)

M Andrew Jacobson (3/11/16 - traded to Vancouver) - Vancouver (0 starts, 1 appearances, 12 min, 0 G, 0 A)

M Ned Grabavoy (12/4/15 - option declined) - Portland (0 starts, 2 appearances, 28 min, 0 G, 0 A)

GK Ryan Meara (11/26/15 - loan expired) - NJRB (0 starts, 0 appearances, 0 min)

D Angelino (12/4/15 - loan expired) - Recently made EPL debut for MCFC

D Shay Facey (12/4/15 - loan expired) - On loan from MCFC @ Rotherham United (5 appearances)

D Kwame Watson-Siriboe (12/4/15 - option declined) - Currently not on a team

D Jeb Brovsky (12/4/15 - option declined) - Currently not on a team

M Pablo Alvarez (12/4/15 - option declined) - Retired?

M Javier Calle (12/4/15 - loan expired) - back at Medellin played 2 min and asked to come out of the game claiming he was hurt - JK I have no idea

M Sebastian Velasquez (12/4/15 - out of contract) - Signed with Rayo OKC

Wingert leading the way in MLS min, surprised by how much time he's getting at RSL. Also, impressive that Jacobson saw the field so quickly after joining his new team. Scary to think Jeb and Lord Kwame both played meaningful min for us last season and are out of the league at this point. I am a bit sad Jeb didn't land on someones bench just so we could sheer him upon his return. Not a great player but truly a great guy. It will also be interesting to see if Velasquez can make it back to the MLS assuming he continues on a more positive path in his personal life.