Forum Poker Game

If you're planning next week it might be too short notice for Mick. They do rent out the upstairs so I'd have to get with him first to see if dates are cleared.

Just an FYI, if you are playing on playing with money, it would probably be better not to do it at RD, as technically it would be illegal gambling.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Just an FYI, if you are playing on playing with money, it would probably be better not to do it at RD, as technically it would be illegal gambling.
giphy.gif

I can't do Monday or Tuesday nights. I can do Wednesday or Thursday. But don't let me muck it up, hopefully I can catch the next one.

I'm in. We should try for Wednesday night since everyone is off on Thursday.

I say we handle all participation contributions and pools offline (meaning online) to get around EganSoccerWords derek_villa point. I had the same thought, honestly. But if it's a private forum game, I think we'd be fine from a legal perspective. A private room among friends sounds like a home game to me.

Yes, agree with Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan, a home game and/or no rake to the house means it's generally not an issue. But we can just have someone log with paper and pen and settle off premises or online to keep it really kosher. Low stakes and high fun with friends, so no need to worry much about the dough.

We could also pool the buy-ins and winner(s) gets swag - custom jersey, scarf, etc.

Let's do this, if you are interested in playing, send me a private IM letting me know which of Nov 22, Nov 29, Dec 13 and Dec 20 work for you. I will try to aggregate all the info and find something that works for as many people as possible.

I am in England on Dec 6, so I decided to exclude that one :)
Done. Thanks for the suggested dates. Hopefully we can kick it off tomorrow.

I've gotten several messages suggesting that December 20th would work, though we probably need a few more people to have a good game. If you haven't messaged me and can make it on December 20th, please let me know. We'll then try to lock down that date.

Of course, if we can build a critical mass for an earlier date as well, that would be great.

Can we get a running list of who is (or may be) in for December 20? Please reply to this post if you can make it (or will try to).

Viewfrom226 Viewfrom226 do you have the list of yays you got for 12-20 so we can have a running list on here.

Reactions: Viewfrom226