Frank Lampard Thread

So with Lampard now coming to the match on Saturday, it seems like this is an ideal time to boo him. He won't be on the field, so we're not booing one of the players, but we'll have a chance to communicate to him our displeasure with what went down. I don't think you'll get a better shot.
In your opinion mike do you think that will happen?

If they show him on the jumbotron or parade him to the field at halftime, he absolutely is getting booed. And it's a perfect way to get it out of our systems in a way that won't impact his performance on the field.
Oh right it will be interesting to see how it pans out then.as you know we had similar with tevez he got the odd boo but mainly silence.

If they show him on the jumbotron or parade him to the field at halftime, he absolutely is getting booed. And it's a perfect way to get it out of our systems in a way that won't impact his performance on the field.
I was thinking this too. It could be best for all involved, including Frank. He knows he's going to take a hit, although nobody knows how bad or sustained. It could be minimal. But no matter how bad it is, best to get some if not all of it done with early.

Oh right it will be interesting to see how it pans out then.as you know we had similar with tevez he got the odd boo but mainly silence.
I feel as if that's all you'll hear. The odd boo. Most of your people booing will be the long term fans that have been around since formation and know what's going on. I think the majority can't wait for him to get here. Especially with how 'meh' we've been playing. At the same time he knows what's up and addressed the situation so he clearly understood there was backlash. Won't change the situation at all the same way TR puttin out a statement didn't make CFG return him.

I feel as if that's all you'll hear. The odd boo. Most of your people booing will be the long term fans that have been around since formation and know what's going on. I think the majority can't wait for him to get here. Especially with how 'meh' we've been playing. At the same time he knows what's up and addressed the situation so he clearly understood there was backlash. Won't change the situation at all the same way TR puttin out a statement didn't make CFG return him.
I think lampard talking positively about nycfc and coming over this week is part of the healing process. I can understand fans booing him but how the media would spin it ,I dont know,it could be seen as fans standing up for themselves or it could equally reflect badly on the club.
My preferred option I think would be to make the point by being silent I think

I have a bad feeling that the boos from the long-term fans, to use your phrase, will be drowned out by the cheers of the, shall we say, "less involved" fans. As you said, the majority of fans are probably just waiting anxiously for him to come play for NYCFC. My guess is that they will applaud/cheer FL when he is shown to the crowd. My hope is that those of us who boo FL persist and even get louder as the cheers start to die down. I agree with a lot of the previous comments that this is the perfect time to voice our displeasure and get it out of the way before he's wearing our team's shirt.

First I will boo then I will cheer.
That way Frank knows I haven't forgotten but that I am willing to accept him as long as he earns it.
Tough love New York style.

Lampard played well tonight.

Probably the best he's looked sitting and watching his team lose all season.

Keep up the good work, Frank.